2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 07-17-2020, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

Not to worry, Jaba...
Old 07-17-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I figure with the center owner sending extra fabric is fine, as that is never going to be more than the finished top, and it will get used up along the way. But I totally agree with the round participants not sending on additional extra fabric unless they mean it as a gift to the next person in line, to use or keep as they want.
I agree Macybaby. When I have sent fabric I don't expect any back, keep it as a gift, use it if you want, etc. I like having extra background fabric because it gives the option of pulling a piece together, that's just my preference. I know others like everything different, and understand that preference too. I also don't have any financial issues with the box costs, as I regularly ship things to Australia for usually over $150/box, so these flat rate boxes seem pretty inexpensive to me, but I do know that there are some who cannot afford that or just hate spending money for shipping that could be used for shopping (for more fabric of course LOL). I would prefer that you just keep the fabric if you can't afford to send it to the next person in line, no worries. I'm so loving this round robin, it is really getting these quilting juices going! Hugs everyone! Reba
Old 07-17-2020, 04:58 PM

Sewbizgirl, Here is a picture of your center with the first round.
Attached Thumbnails 2020071495172233.jpg  
Old 07-17-2020, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
Sewbizgirl, Here is a picture of your center with the first round.
No, I think that is Reba's center and first round, Mary... My center is the one in my avatar. Toon Town. Iceblossom named it! Maybe you don't have mine yet?
Old 07-18-2020, 04:55 AM

I've got the bees on Bug's center and it will be ready to ship out on Monday - I'll take a picture after my batteries are recharged!

Old 07-18-2020, 05:56 AM

I am the current holder of Sewbiz's center, Reba's Round 1, and I am R2.

Mary has Reba's center, and my Round 1.

My center was Mary's Round 1, I don't have my list in front of me and have forgotten who is next that direction. But I did want to mention again how Mary's darker tones made my ribbons shine and while I still don't feel they have much personality, I think I'm going to have a lovely project come home and thank you all again very much

We should all have/be on round 2 now.

We have some flexibility, but I'm shooting for a 6" (finished) border this time. Our centers vary a bit but I think Round 2 can still be put on point pretty easily, I'm going square but with the circles contained within the previous blocks maybe that still doesn't need to be decided until it gets to Mary, I would think round 3 would be the last possible time to put things on point.

I'm still on my self appointed track, more or less. Been working on my sub-units, still have time to completely flip and start over from scratch but that's less likely every day. Figuring out my final dimensions. Still working on the corners, think I have an acceptable solution... but am flipping between two. Won't really have anything to show for another week and while I might be ready to mail early -- it's too early now to say!
Old 07-18-2020, 06:25 AM

Thanks for the update, IceBlossom. It sounds like you are working along quick for so early in the month. I have my idea percolating.
Macybaby, I'm looking forward to your round picture-- your previous picture gave a good idea of what you've got going, but it will be fun to see your bees you've embroidered! Give us a close up?
Old 07-18-2020, 07:16 AM

Well I had a sneak peek into what Reba was doing/thinking well before I received the round and that set me off into a direction I wasn't expecting but that was very workable after a series of serendipitous events, even though Reba changed her final concept a bit. Although my inspiration was set in advance, I still had a lot of ways I could go and a lot of my first impression fabrics haven't made the cut into the reality. One concept was great but the execution lousy (I do try to work to my skills or at least work until my skills are better)... another concept too fussy... another just not right for this reason or that. Usually the way I work is I work out some of the details on graph paper and then I have a lot of fabric, so I start by putting it together differently a few times before I really get my groove on.

The main thing for me this round is with what has gone before me I wanted to work with black and bright fabrics and that is what I started pulling in advance when Sewbiz said to let the fabric talk. I love black and bright fabrics so there are many options. On one hand I am saying "I was here" but the rest of that is "to enhance this top" and each top is different and each of us is different. That's part of the fun!

I was really concerned about the inspiration part. So far with the rounds I've been sent and the pictures we've shared, that hasn't been a problem and none of my preconceived concepts has been used, there is one I might be able to use depending on what goes before me. I'm super hoping to be able to use a little block I drew up, but I won't know until I see that round in front of me -- maybe one of you guys already have that in mind. It's ok, I have a back-up! If that's gone too, well... I might have to think a bit harder.

Which is part of why I apologize for my center having little personality -- but it does in its way. It's part of what I do is take UFOs or thrift store odd collections of fabric and reclaim them. If you are looking for inspiration when my square comes to you -- when I say to go ahead and do what you want to do, I really mean that. You can use your own UFOs, figure out a way to use orphan blocks, some technique you've always wanted to do, off set it with 12" borders top and side instead of 6" all around -- so many possibilities mostly depending on what you feel like doing. I'm going to love it.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

I got a lovely package today... It's LeeAnn's center, sent to me by givio! LeeAnn, you are going to love what givio did for her round. It looked good in the photo, but even better in person! I am in awe...

Can't wait to start on my round for this top! I have some ideas...
Old 07-18-2020, 12:07 PM

SBG, good to hear the robin safely arrived. :-)