Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 09-09-2022, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Macybaby -- I am going to start tracking down xmas themed fabrics here as my entire xmas stash is not handy at all -- 10 hours away!
Do let me know if/when you plan to come visit it. I've found a new place for us to eat!
Old 09-09-2022, 04:58 PM

Sewbiz -- November I hope to be there to visit the grands. My brother is coming down from Houston to stay with dad and I am letting him pick the week. Since he has young ones at home, I suspect it won't be Thanksgiving week but I don't have a secure date yet. And if Dad is not doing well, I won't be heading over there at all. I am very optimistic at this point. He's doing great. 2 months ago today he had that stroke.

If we confirm with my brother, I will tell you when. Hopefully, you won't be visiting your grands the same week. :-) Maybe I'll even have some completed quilting to show you!
Old 09-09-2022, 07:14 PM
Power Poster

Hope to see you while you are here, Ibex. Hope your Dad keeps doing well.
Old 09-10-2022, 03:09 PM

Logcabin82, I'm in a guild for our county here in Texas. It's not nearly as large as the guild in Tyler, but I'm ok with that.

Updated list

Ahwu
Patrick'smom
jenn8r
Logcabin82
Kele
Ibex94 - my birthday twin! Hey girl
Sewbizgirl
Crispyfrog
Irishmom
travelingGramma
Gannyrosie
Macybaby
Happylab
NZquilter
Gaijin

I think it's down to one more. We will see if the mail folks can get it here. Fingers crossed! Lost mail is the worst, you know?
Old 09-10-2022, 04:39 PM

Hiya Loveofquilts!! Got anything exciting planned? I am part of BOOM 28 so my hope is after opening my candies, I get to fondle lots of fabrics and start to match them up. I can't wait to see what is in my Candy envelopes!!! The pile keeps getting higher!

I'm still working on getting my mother's Necchi out of the desk with the knee pedal so I can take it to the shop for a much needed tune-up, oiling, and tension check. My Singer that I brought on this trip came out of the shop and I haven't even tested it yet but I fear the shop didn't do it right this time around either. I may have to buy another Sam's special sewing machine depending on what they find on the Necchi. I don't really want to hand sew all my candies into something fun.
Old 09-11-2022, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Loveofquilts View Post
I think it's down to one more. We will see if the mail folks can get it here. Fingers crossed! Lost mail is the worst, you know?
I have resent the two missing birthday envelopes for our birthday twins. I am wondering if the birthday present gremlins have been being mischievous again. Who knows.

All, I have received all of my swap envelops and now must wait for 7 days. Impatience is now my middle name. But long ago, as a child, I learned the lesson of sneaking a peak at gifts and how it can spoil the surprise of the day. So, wait I will and try not to look at my precious birthday surprises until THE day.

Old 09-11-2022, 04:20 PM

Since both the missing envelopes are part of the Texas batch, perhaps something has happened with the vehicle that was transporting them to Texas? If the missing batch arrives, I'll send the second set back to you. Maybe it will get here in time for the Christmas side-swap. They are out there somewhere! Thank you for worrying, WMUteach. Only a week to wait for you! Lucky. I have hidden my envelopes in a different room so I don't tempt myself.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:55 PM

ibex94, DON'T return the envelope if both arrive. Keep it and use it for something. They will not be exactly alike and trust me, I have plenty of squares to send an extra envelope to the birthday twins. SIX MORE DAYS Tee-Hee-Hee!
Old 09-12-2022, 04:58 PM

I don't know if I'm late to the Christmas side swap or not. I was in my Xmas stash playing yesterday and I think I have enough Christmas fabric to participate. Not sure who was running it WMUTeach or Macybaby.... I've been out of it lately, post vid brain fog.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:53 AM

Loveofquilts, I don't think the Christmas side swap is finalized, yet. Macybaby said she would coordinate it.

Five days now, WMUteach! Are you teaching this term? I am. Half my students are ignoring my emails. That isn't good considering that I am teaching online asynchronous courses! I am having to duplicate instructions in four different places since I cannot get everyone in the class on board with reading emails or instructions in the website. Silly kids.