5" Charm Swap - Batiks!

Old 05-13-2018, 07:46 PM

10 packs on the way, Red.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:58 AM

My 12 packs will be picked up tomorrow. Quiltlady330, so glad you are happy with your swaps. These ladies are great!
Old 05-14-2018, 02:00 PM

I'm home safe, whew, long trip.
I can do 12 sets of 15 squares, yippee! Will iron, cut, package, & mail this week. Sending PM now.
Thanks for hosting, Red!
hugs,
dj
Old 05-14-2018, 02:35 PM

I have not missed one of these 5 inch charm swaps since Red started them. I have been so pleased with all I have received. Excellent host, excellent swap.

[QUOTE=Quiltlady330;8056399]
Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
Pamela, welcome aboard. I think you'll find the ladies here very welcoming and generous with their time, comments, and charms

Red, I just want to send some kudos to you and the ladies involved with the Dot Swap. I was sharing this week
with some ladies about the swap and they said: Oh, I did that once or twice but it was such a bad experience
I'll never do it again. I sent all my bags and only got one or two in return.

Isn't that sad? I tried to explain what a good experience I'd had with y'all but didn't seem to make much
headway, I don't think. Guess once you've had some bad experiences you don't stick yourself out there
easily. I had a very bad experience with a counted cross stitch swap once and didn't do another one.

This is only my second swap here but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you or your swaps to everybody. Keep up the good work. The ladies all sent cute precisely cut charms. It's a good testimony for the members of the Quilting Board!
Old 05-15-2018, 12:02 PM

Red, I will let you know tomorrow if I can do this swap. My little dog Sadie hurt her back and things aren't going to good with other things. I am happy to hear that your mom is doing better and resting.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:13 AM

OK Red, looks like I will do the swap with you all. DH took are of our Sadie and I cut half what I needed for the swap. I will be sending you a PM in a few. These should be in the mail by Friday. Sadie has have surgery the 22nd and I certainly want to be available for her.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:44 AM

Quilt lady: I am so glad you didn't listen to others who may have had bad experiences in their swaps. I was nervous when I joined my first few because I wasn't sure if I was going to come out on the short end or not, but had wonderful experiences ever since. There may have been one or two things here or there that I didn't feel were quite 100%, but overall, my own experience is nothing but positive. Maybe with joining our swaps, your friends will see there ARE good people out there and maybe they will want to join in on a different one in the future

Thank you to those who think I'm doing an okay job. I try to keep things as positive as I can when things go a little haywire, so the fact everyone is so accommodating, certainly helps me. Thank you!

sunrise, sorry to hear about your Sadie. I have two furries myself, and know first hand how they are truly "family". Hoping the surgery goes okay for everyone

DJ, glad to have you back, girl!

I think we are up to 11 swappers right now?
My computer won't let me scroll to the first page again, but I think this is who's on board. Did I miss anyone?

Hav4
Crispy
Stafar
MaryMo
Pamela Ory
Quilt Lady
Faintly
Jaba
Pinkflowers
DJ
Red Stilettos

Who'd I miss?
Old 05-17-2018, 09:15 AM

I have to say I am impressed. Batiks have never been my favorite and I had to go to the store to purchase the material. I am in love. I made me four extra of each fabric. They are really pretty.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:32 AM

Mailed to Red today with return bubble, regular stamps, & return label. Ready to rock the ones y'all send!!!
I learned this interesting thing today:
Synthrapol is a special detergent used in pre-scouring fibers before dyeing, and in washing out fiber reactive dyes after dyeing. It is also sometimes used as a surfactant or wetting agent to improve dye penetration.
DH picked up some cotton boles last summer that I want to do something with but must do more research.

hugs,
dj
Old 05-17-2018, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
Mailed to Red today with return bubble, regular stamps, & return label. Ready to rock the ones y'all send!!!
I learned this interesting thing today:
Synthrapol is a special detergent used in pre-scouring fibers before dyeing, and in washing out fiber reactive dyes after dyeing. It is also sometimes used as a surfactant or wetting agent to improve dye penetration.
DH picked up some cotton boles last summer that I want to do something with but must do more research.

hugs,
dj
I used to tie dye professionally so have a lot of experience with synthrapol. A little goes a long way and the generics aren’t near as effective as the brand name.