Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Vanogay I would gladly help you, but if you send me patterns and with the USPS service, they would never get there in time. You need to give me a little more heads up okay? But I know you can make a topper. I was experimenting today on large tropical butterflies...think it will pass or I may keep it and start anew! Marybeth where are you???? Brat how long is your turn around time? I'll need to have it done before I leave or bring it with me , inquiring minds want to know, at least tonight.....

how about May 1st latest? Gives the month of April for those who are a bit slower and still isn't too long of a turn around that anyone can get bored or back out like just start it already! what say everyone to that time frame? three weeks plus a few? its only a table runner not a quilt.. and its fun yes it is its fun!!! hibiscus! butterflies! beach umbrellas? beach balls? waves and sand? crabs!! sunshine and happy flowers? should be fairly easy to hit your little stash and pull something even if you don't have tiki prints you can always use color to signify your destination mat.. too bad nancia this is right up your alley... jump start your summer fun, double your pleasure double your fun! sign up for two!! lol ok ok sign up for one honest I will let you!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Okay with me, whatever everyone wants to do. Can be a runner or a mat (topper) right?

Blog Entries
    i would so love to do this! what the heck, so olivia doesn't get her 2 yr old quilt on time, sign me up, uncle sam!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Yahoo! Nancia is in! Yes tablerunner and tablemats all good. heck turn it into a wall hanging if you want just nothing larger than a large tablerunner. let everyone determine the size based on the pattern they want to use. COME ON EVERYONE! JUST SAY YES! (hey better than saying no and not fattening at all).
    Linda

I need something to try out my new play pretty on, lol. Ooh, the tropical theme reminds me, I still have FQ leftovers from the Christmas mug rugs. I've spent all of last night and tonight looking at videos for beginners and patterns tht go with my Go!

OMG, I found a couple things that are too cute!

Another 2-1/2 mos until the only swap I'm in is due. What on earth shall I do until then to test out my new toy?!

Blog Entries
    don't forget pincushions and needlecases. oops, i think it's closed. see if you can sign up for doll quilt

Girl, unless I got 2 doll quilts, I wouldn't have any idea what to do with them. Two I could give to my 2nd cousin's daughters who both just turned a year old for their babies, unless they worked as table runners, lol. Otherwise, unless it's throw size or king size, I'm not sure what I'd do with an actual quilt here at my house. I was thinking I needed to make myself a throw though. Winter can't make up its mind to hibernate!

you could end up with a beautiful summer themed tablerunner/mat and either use it on your bar Dustysmomma or you could gift it! see you would win win win playing the tropical splendor tablerunner swap! everyone has a bit of the tropics tucked in their stash. I found a Hawaii print that is pink with palm trees and I wonder WHERE THE HECK DID I GET THAT I know I didn't buy it but there it is saying when the heck are you going to use me lady? see they sneak into your piles when you are not looking. I believe I have three sneaky fabrics in there and well I am saying self, you need to find something good to do with those.. they wont ever fit in a full quilt but.. self.. you could make a tablerunner with a bit of that couldn't you and well self won the argument and if you ask yourself.. bet self wins too. so sign up already JUST SAY YES! tada!

Question for the gang: want to do round robin I can pull names out of a hat and then it will be a gives to b and b gives to c and such or we can do partners your call votes please! sign ups please! pretty please? for le brat? just a couple more come on in the waters warm!!! really warm, nice waterfalls, hula girls and .. cocktails? or some tropical steel drum music? can you hear it? smell the coconut and pineapples? I am dancing in my head already and oh that big brimmed hat I don't own.. I am wearing it with that cool sarong on the beach pretty little iced drink in my hand and a pool boy.. of my very own (grin) hey someone has to mist me when it gets too hot! and equal opportunity dreamer that I am it could even be a pretty pool girl as long as she has the mist thing.. oh where were we?

see its that easy.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Dear quilty friends, I am going to have to pass on this tropical table runner also, (sad face). I am in the needlecase -pin cushion swap that has to be done by end of this month and am still working out the kinks on my needle case. (I have never made one before but have an idea of how I want it to be and it is not cooperating). Have company coming the first of week of 22nd and then quilt classes the last four days of that week so that pretty much shoots April. Hubby and I are working on genealogy and that takes up TONS of time but he is so enthused about it, I hate to rain on his parade. I think it is so good to have him involved in a hobby that I can't say no to him. He worked hard all his life and to be able to work together with him is just one perk to me of being married to a wonderful guy. Fortunately, my ancestors are long-lived, so I should have lots more time to quilt but will never finish all the 'want-to' projects if I live to be 120!
    Nancia, I loved the pics of spring in your area. I see my bulbs are just peeking out of the ground and snow finally is all melted as of yesterday. Raining today. Once again, sorry I can not do the TR side swap with all of you this time around.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Well sad face back at ya girl. Genealogy? oh dear. you will be busy. My great Aunt was so good as to do this for my fathers entire side all the way back to mid 1700's so I was one of the lucky recipients of the list. The family was amongst the first ship builders in New England. They came from France. la de da! lol.. I would rather be sewing myself. I get distracted too easily to work on such a hard project. kudos for you.

off to sew and sip on ice chips and pretend its a coconut lotion body rubbed kinda morning, fresh fruit in a bowl with a ginger lime sauce over it.. (ala Bobby flay this morning with his Caribbean brunch) YUM sounds good? reality? um.. I have a can of pineapple! hey hey its a start! ciao amigos back in a while to see if any other takers have signed up or if its just us. Dabbler you in?? please???
    Linda

Shhhhh.... Elisabrat, I will play too.... but I will send out some Boom blocks before this goes just so the Boom-ers know I'm not shirking them!!

Blog Entries
    yay traci! i whispered. um...oh, yeah, i use dollquilts for my dolls of which i have many. and i use table toppers and runners for pictures on my walls, and i use wall hangings, on my walls too. so if this sounds like i am surrounded by padded walls, i can only tell you that they co-ordinate nicely with my jackets that have the wrap around sleeves, and such nice straight lines.

OK EVERYONE HERE IS YOUR TROPICAL SPLENDOR UPDATE:
    Players: Elisabrat, Jaba, Nancia, Vanogay, Dabbler (?), Sikesjj, Juanitabean, Mariposa and ......(your name goes here). closes tomorrow at 5 p.m. I will send notices of who your swapping with shortly after.

NEWS FROM OUR GREAT LEADER ANASTASIA:

She is considering a Tablerunner official swap. The deal is she will be 100 percent abscent and only able to do sign ups. Jaba I believe is willing to take over from there handing out partners and keeping everyone on track. The possible theme is Patriotic and the due date for this will be June 1st or June 15th. If there are other suggestions for theme please post them here and I will get back to her with the end decision. You do have a vote so put one in.. what would you like? I know everyone likes secret pals but it might be easier for Jaba to deal with partners her first time around here. Less chance of no shows in the end if there is dialogue between partners. so post away your ideas and next week I will submit the results. This will be a six week turn around swap. plenty of time to get creative!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Hi Brat - I was at my local quilt shop this morning for Groovy Girls quilt club and I found this awesome tropical fabric for a table runner - count me in; I should be able to whip this one out in a jiffy.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Gosh darn it, fell off the wagon, lol. Here's my fabs for the side swap, which I stealthily acquisitioned today, lol! OK, who wants em!?

Name:  2013-04-06_17-14-048.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  127.9 KB

Blog Entries
    I DO!! I DO!!!
    Everyone knows i love batiks and brights!!
    ( had to get in quick before le bratty)

Blog Entries
    My eyes go straight to those purples and teals, very favorites for me! Okay Miss lebrat, when do we get our names??

Blog Entries
    where did you leave the wagon? are there any more batiks there? why can't i fall into a batik patch?????

Blog Entries
    ok i know i was late but mine is done finished and will pm Jaba , as my partner urs weill be out on monday, so sorry about it being late,
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

We get names Sunday. I wanted everyone who was sent an email to have a chance to reply. I figure posting here and a few emails and well we will have a nice side swap. I am using the word carefully. If this was an official swap I would have to post and give weeks for many to join and this is simply in my view a little swap amongst those who want to play while we wait for an official swap. (I know convoluted). and I did just like.. sneak into Anastasias swap to do it so we will post pics here also. We will be doing secret pal swap this round as that was the vote. if you didnt vote well this is what your getting and have fun at it. I started mine today will have the top finished by lunch! I ordered accidentally some margarita fabric and some parrots and well a bolder brighter tropical runner will also be in the works.

I can take special requests for colors but can't guarantee you will get the colors your hoping for. Its tropical you will get tropical however that much I do know (or hope for). Jaba your colors are always an easy one for me to figure out, Nancia you love everything you silly goose .. anyone else? I love bold colors but subtle would work too.. its all in fun. I have a big blue vase and a big blue bowl to put on it or I have a pale pink bowl that i fill with lemons or a red glass bowl or.. see the color I get wont matter much to me it will ALL work!

No words on what the next swap from Anastasia should be? Everyone want Patriotic or should we have two themes to chose from? get your opinions in now while the concept is forming.. come on.. I always struggle with something to put out in June and august. I mean July? easy thats patriotic for the month but the other shoulder months, no holidays what does one use? I was thinking picnic theme? all those pretty food fabrics out there farmers market stuff.. or we could do runners based on our partners heritage colors? (you know say Italian red/white/green, Irish: green/white) or their state... flower/food/critters/things to do. Or two color runners.. or see options are endless. You could say I want persian themed, or indian themed, or southwestern or oriental or.. ideas ANYONE BUT ME???
    Linda

if we go patriotic I think we should sign up saying if we want to do: vintage (civil war etc), traditional red/white/blue, or bold bright fireworks etc. this way you can also say I would like to receive a/b or c. and parred up accordingly secretly I guess as that is what Jaba would like to do. anyone think that is a good/bad idea? I figure this way you can use what you have and receive something that fits more in your holiday style of decor. Just a thought. I think too much. you guys think ok?
    Linda

I say just summer for mine if the theme is red/white/blue. I'd rather have one I could put out for the whole season & not just a couple weeks here & there. It's not like Christmas, which we have a whole month we can decorate for it.

OK, for the side swap, the one thing I do need to know about my partner is.....I need an accent fabric. So, colorful marble or solid black?

No, I did not fall into a batik patch, just the fat quarter aisle. I went and sought it out. I was a bad girl. I'm supposed to be on the moratorium, lol. I guess I could have done another runner with the bug & monkey fabrics, lol.

oh use black!!! bugs?? AHHHHHHH I sure don't care for bug fabric much. so I vote black.

summer is not a bad theme... any other ideas? and I personally say July is all patriotic lol. or my shelves would be boringly empty. that is not good. I think summer: berries, and checkered clothes and pie and swimming and oh dear lots of options arent there?

ok vote: patriotic or summer? I vote for either! I like both ideas. I would suggest by color then. List three colors you would like so your partner can pick from the options?
    Linda

Blog Entries
    patriotic is a little chauvanistic, red white and blue are u.s.a. and france and england. i'm fairly certain a quilter from turkey wouldn't be so thrilled with an uncle sam or fireworks display. so let's do something more general! like pick 2 colors, or black, white and a surprise! i like the summer picnic idea, altho' our friends in the southern hemisphere are having winter. we need to think globally. personally, i vote for summer/winter your choice, or receiver's choice, or 3 color limit. i know it's 2 votes, but i'm a big person and i need a lot of room to wiggle in! thank you!

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast