Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 04-12-2013, 01:43 PM

all good thoughts, brat!! i no longer have a tush, i have long thighs, bust to knees! i have always maintained that tan fat looks thinner than oatmeal fat. so i do a moderate amount of skin damage via the sun, and top it off with jergens fake tanning moisturizer. this way i get natural vitamin d and get to float in the pool, in and out of the shade. floating makes my fibro nearly vanish. shoulda been a mermaid but couldn't hold my breath long enough!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:17 PM

wow didnt know water pools were good for fibro to get my lil sis in one dont know she is bony skinny and hates showing skin.. but if it helps frig it right? your over 50 go for it sheesh.

I have some examples of my fabric samples to chose from based on what I am guessing my partner might like. only if she would post which one wouldnt life be grand so all of you post away!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407657[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]407659[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]407660[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]407662[/ATTACH] so what do you think ???
Attached Thumbnails tropical-option-1.jpg   trpical-option-2.jpg   tropical-3.jpg   boom-15-.jpg  
Old 04-12-2013, 06:23 PM

Thank you Elisabrat. It was actually very easy to make. Easier than I thought it would be. You should definitely give it a try. I got the pattern from a book called Sizzlin Sixties.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:41 PM

ok, if i'm your parter i'm partial to 2 and 4. and can i borrow some of those batiks for my partner? this is for our side swap, right? i get so confused so easily! you're lucky mom left you alone! i think she gave me brain damage!!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 PM

One is my first choice and four is my second. Never would of thought I would like orange and aqua together. I have started on mine, I am doing a rainbow French braid, I'm too scared to get anything crazy going, I'm inexperienced and my machine is moody (it's 47 years old after all).
Old 04-12-2013, 06:56 PM

I really like number two also, I love orchids.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:20 PM

ah welcome to our world Sikesjj! moody machines? um thats what I say all the time, the machine did it.. and experience is in the eye of the beer holder so your safe here..

thanks for some input I am not necessarily adventurous either but when you look at say tropical shirts and stuff they always put those colors together and they work so if they work in a shirt they sure as heck should work in a runner. and same with the fabrics we buy sometimes there are some pretty wild and crazy combos out there you know? the kind you go um huh yet when they show a sample of see these five fabrics are coordinating in a quilt we say oh yeah they work together ok.. so lay a few out.. squint.. if they are going to work you will see it in a squint.. generally speaking right anyone? stand back 5 or 6 feet and squint at it, the odd man out always says HELLO loud and clear!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:33 PM

Brat-

I'm all about #1 but you know I'm a sucker for batiks...
Old 04-13-2013, 12:38 AM

look around at nature. if it works in nature, then it works. period! that's my test, and i'mm sticking to it!!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:08 AM

I am going with.. not telling you guys. my partner will love it. or else. grin... I want to do at least three of them.. kinda a lot but maybe two will get done. good to have a spare one in case someone bails on this little venture. I sure hope not but these things happen. Also we are going to do the summer fun runner swap with Anastasia I say these are all summer fun colors. then again that watermellon fabric I have is also summer fun isnt it, with say a watermellon colored batik and a marble green.. and some white would be awful cute for summer. if I had time for all my fabrics if only..trick is not to buy any more only blenders and use up the other other stuff before its outta style. that is the tougher trick.

Tracibug you were going to cut your runner last week with your quilters group did you get that far yet? did you finish your 100 chicken blocks? (she signed up with a side group of chicken lovers to do this big block trade.. nuts girl your nuts!) how is it all coming along? sneak peaks please.

Nancia what are you using? have you pulled your fabrics yet? time will slip away girls.. just thinking its time to at least pull. teacher brat says so.