Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 03-23-2013, 09:37 AM

Hi everyone, I got my pretty tabletopper from Megan/LoupEsprite this morning. She also included a pin cushion and I can NEVER have too many of those. Plus, she even thought of my kitty and included a catnip mouse for him. Thanks so much Megan from both of us. Thanks everyone one too, for posting pics and participating in it. Pics show Toby playing with his mouse and next pic, he is saying thank you.
Attached Thumbnails 3-23a-large-.jpg   3-23b.jpg   3-23c-large-.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 09:40 AM

and thus were the heavens and the clouds created, and he said, "let there be light... i want to watch my balloons in flight" thus endeth the first lesson. LOLOLOL

sandyz4` i hope you are in the pincushion/needlecase swap!

Last edited by nancia; 03-23-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
and thus were the heavens and the clouds created, and he said, "let there be light... i want to watch my balloons in flight" thus endeth the first lesson. LOLOLOL

sandyz4` i hope you are in the pincushion/needlecase swap!
I love it!

I wouldn't have the first clue how to make a pincushion. Sounds like that swap isn't for me, even though I hate my "tomato" one.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:53 PM

d'm, you just google make a pin cushion or hand made pincushions and somewhere in the vast net there are pictures and directions. c'mon, you know how to fly
Old 03-24-2013, 11:13 AM

OMG! I thought my son had posted a picture of his cat. Named DOG...looks juts like him.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:19 AM

Wow, I have seen at least 4 different table toppers using the same pattern. Amazing!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
d'm, you just google make a pin cushion or hand made pincushions and somewhere in the vast net there are pictures and directions. c'mon, you know how to fly
Fly? OMG no, I'm only a passenger, lol. Seriously, I do need to try this out. I hate my pin cushion. It's small and stiff and wobbly. Dusty was helping me on the home decor project the other night and I'll be darned if he didn't push every one of the pins down to the head in it. So much for easy access, lol. Oh, then he started making designs out of the pins. He put a smiley face full of pins through the little sharpener bag and pinned it to the side of it. Yep, that's my boy. I'm sure I could figure something out with some directions to start from to make one.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:33 PM

Ok I have a question for cat owners? My cat has this fascination with the pink flower heads on my pins. He just adores going to the table, snagging a pin, pling to the floor, pin, pling to the floor I go out and pincushion has nada in it. 40 pins in my carpet. Ok how to stop this? I hide it. I cover it with fabric, I do all that and the ONE TIME my cushion is out pling pling.... and he smiles at me while he does it I know it.

I can't do a pincushion swap Nancia and my heart is breaking in 11 million shards... because .. I have one. I dont need two three four sixteen. I have a cat. Its made of potmetal and its antique. I love that cat. I would be .. unfaithful. (are you all with me on this?) no???? ok We will have to, sigh, wiping forhead, whoa is me... not be able to do this any longer without you but .. I will. Til the next round. Surely there is a swap sister of mine where we ..shall meet again. OH MY GOD why does this feel like getting on a plane looking back at the airport saying goodbye to your loved ones not having the money for a return flight? SAY IT CANT BE SO!!! ANASTASIA................ rescue 911. Your a going to be nurse.. you hook us up? next swap????
Old 03-25-2013, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Ok I have a question for cat owners? My cat has this fascination with the pink flower heads on my pins. He just adores going to the table, snagging a pin, pling to the floor, pin, pling to the floor I go out and pincushion has nada in it. 40 pins in my carpet. Ok how to stop this? I hide it. I cover it with fabric, I do all that and the ONE TIME my cushion is out pling pling.... and he smiles at me while he does it I know it.

I can't do a pincushion swap Nancia and my heart is breaking in 11 million shards... because .. I have one. I dont need two three four sixteen. I have a cat. Its made of potmetal and its antique. I love that cat. I would be .. unfaithful. (are you all with me on this?) no???? ok We will have to, sigh, wiping forhead, whoa is me... not be able to do this any longer without you but .. I will. Til the next round. Surely there is a swap sister of mine where we ..shall meet again. OH MY GOD why does this feel like getting on a plane looking back at the airport saying goodbye to your loved ones not having the money for a return flight? SAY IT CANT BE SO!!! ANASTASIA................ rescue 911. Your a going to be nurse.. you hook us up? next swap????

OH my you have that problem also, wow I have 3 pin cushions adn i have some flats that were give to me in a swap and my cat does not bother those but i have 2 cushions with multi clored heads (round) and my caat will snag ecah one of them and play with them, and jsut pick them all out, if i dont stop him, and since i had a baby with me in the last 3 years, i developed a system u might try it, i made a pincushion specail for him and put dabs of super glue in the end of some older pins and stuck them in teh pin cushion and left them out a little bit, and also put a bowl over my GOOD pin cushion (MINE) and since he only had that one, and he picked the pins out , and the cushion rolled and he was able to play with it, after about a week , i coudl leave the bowl off oc mine and he left it alone and played with his, hope this helps and good luck, oh and i agree hes smiling for sure, lol
Old 03-25-2013, 04:00 AM

D"M mailing mine on friday, its done, ironed and fluffed (cat hair) lol, and oh just love it, will post a peek on here later and then the entiere thing in my album on here later tonight i hope, love the idea of a new pincushion also, wow , think i will make one to add to the topper , so cool, great idea, jsut for an added extra.