Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 03-21-2013, 01:32 AM

calm down brenda, dear. just start chanting 'there's no face like gnomes' there's no place like gnomes', but don't click your heels or you'll end up in alaska!. hope you get your gnomes soon. your gnome-buddy till some buddy loves you!

sister brat, i believe my momma said meter reader. or was it bush beater? i never did listen. she yakkedso much. get your elbows off the table. get your finger out of your nose. put your shoes on, use the other feet. hold the dog. catch the cat. where are your mittens? where's your hat? sit down, stand up. turn around. i think on weekends she called square dances! for a long time i thought my name was don't. don't, climb on the table. ( i did) don't, eat the ice cream. i did. i always did what she said.!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:08 AM

LMAO Nancia, omg we ARE related. Elbows on a table a capitol offense. You vil get this you vil get that vhat will people tink of you? oh yeah I heard it all. I cried so much as a kid. I was so worried of being in trouble or doing something wrong my mother called me.. ready guys.. a mouse. She said I was a mouse I was so quiet. Well open your mouth you got a beege at the back of the head (slap on the back of your head you stup!) and well shut up get in half the trouble. worked. I am still fairly quiet believe it or not. I toss back sometimes one liners when I am cornered or angry. Rarely lose it it but when I do.... LUCY! What are you doing??? I am like someone let me out of a cage. You dont want to be there or the recipient. It always scares the hell out of everyone cause its so .. rare. not a good thing.
Upside ismy mom gave me the love of art. She encouraged art in all of us. She painted oil, she knit, she crochetted she embroidered she gardened.. she was all things art. Opera, music. All four of us got that from her and the love of holidays. we love holidays so very different my sisters are from me but come a big holiday our houses look like it imploded from stuff for it One paints oils like mirrors of what you see and she makes soap and lotions the real hard way. She also gardens grandly. Another draws childrens illustrations oh so good. oh yeah the gardner also spins wool and knits. My lil sis is a scrapbook queen. her collection of stuff could open a store. Lucky girl. Me I play with water color and sew and cook like my mom. So she had some good things too. I still say Sis that its time we share family photos with each other. The resemblence is scary .. wait are you the big sis or the little sis? oh dear guess we have to share ages too. darn it. secrets no more.

morning group. off to clnic catch you soon!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:38 AM

Default Table Topper Received

So now I can show you what I made for my partner in Canada. I also included a large size hot pad in Easter fabric.

Great swap.
Attached Thumbnails swap-table-topper-pano.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
Here is the link that I posted to "Pictures" instead of this swap....am slowly learning....I swapped with kiffie 2413 and she sent an AWESOME appliqued table runner.....
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t216864.html

Thanks again, kif!!!
Em,
You are too sweet!! I am working on making lil mats out of the extras you sent with my awesome runner!! I have to say its a good thing I took the strawberry block and made a lil hot pad out of it, as the table runner is almost too long for your table...whew...close one! I have a couple of patterns for hexagon shaped runners that I am going to try making and see how they turn out...that will probably work better for round tables...though I must say I like either type of runner no matter the table shape!
Take care all!
Kif
Old 03-22-2013, 06:35 AM

ok where is everyone getting these hex shaped patterns for the tablemats? I love them but never see patterns for them. If jaba comes on lets bug her to show her new fractured quilt block here. Its spectacular and I want it. see how subtle that hint was? its truly a beauty. Art stuff. I think we all need to learn how to do it. all as in you guys. I would give up and lay on the floor and kick all day long but all as in the rest of you non kickers. anastasia its so up your alley. I can imagine the possibilities with that. not just flowers but all sorts of things. wowsa. and she made it on a sick day. I have a sick day I am on the couch melted into the furniture with a blanket .. she is making .. fractured quilts. yikes. Oh how pretty a jumbo wall hanging would be with that!!! Class starts when Jaba???
Old 03-22-2013, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 View Post
Boy, lovely table runners and toppers being made, great job!
Donna
miss lo2sew2011,,,,,i hope you have gotten yours by now,,po said it would be there wed,thurs,,,
Old 03-22-2013, 07:21 AM

just want to let everyone by phone has been shut off,,so i would be on here as much,well go to library when i can to keep in touch with alll,
Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 AM

Default Sent to Tam Moo

I sent Tam Moo this table runner a while back - Elisabrat the pattern is a Terry Atkinson - it uses a 60 degree ruler; really a very simple pattern - goes together quickly; pattern has directions for three different sizes - largest can be made into a tree skirt for Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails march%25202013%2520anastasia%2520tabletopperswaptotammoo.jpg  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:18 AM

Default Bloomin' Peony

Here's my fractured block, then I "set" it for a wall hanging. Fun to make and have wanted to do this for a long time so yesterday was the day, the only pain 1/8" seams are a must!! Class when I get there brat.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:36 AM

Beautiful quilt/hanger Jaba. Going to visit sunny California and see the Brat? That should be fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!!!