Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 03-22-2013, 11:22 AM

I want in on that class too! Beautiful work, as always, Jan!!!

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Here's my fractured block, then I "set" it for a wall hanging. Fun to make and have wanted to do this for a long time so yesterday was the day, the only pain 1/8" seams are a must!! Class when I get there brat.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:10 PM

Vanogay wait ! does that mean.. anything goes as usual??? wink wink.. trouble I see trouble... oh and its gonna be fun and 1/8th seams? ok how much send you the fabric you make it? lol.. I do those on accident when I am trying to make 1/4 inch seams...I could probably make it no problemo! just take that tape off the front of my machine marking the perfect 1/4 seam and I am golden! ok its not out of reach. Now to find a week to do a one day jaba job. darn it .. calendar is booked. I was thinking dear ladies we would sit in lawn chairs, in the sun, drinks in hands and well TALK about future projects NOT do them. sheesh what kind of vacation is that?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:31 PM

sisterbrat-- mom called. your turn to do the dishes!
i am working on a home decor project and i have become TOTALLY out of control. after it is sent and received i will post pics and tell the story. can't mail it today due to the aforementioned control issue! went to w/m and spent 300. no joke. i have lost my flippin' mind!! and more than half the loot is in the trunk of my car! couldn't confess to it last night, so will bring it in and disperse it. what's more stuff? i will be up all weekend finishing this extravaganza!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:10 PM

just tuck it under your armpits and hold it between your knees.. waddle on in, if he is like my sweet man he wouldnt even notice if I walked funny coming in. He would say hey I would start talking he would glaze over and tada! all your goodies will be inside in no time! Mine had a good idea on budget setting yesterday. he is going to be eating his budget setting for a while. He has since backpeddled. even came over and put a twenty on the table and said get yourself some sewing goodies you like those.. uh what about your big budget buddy? left it on the table. Not snagging me back that quick..til one of ya all sell some fabric that is then all bets are off on that 20.00

I love that mat Dabbler! I have a 60 degree ruler. never use it (shush up never knew what for ..maybe I got it for the stack and whack?) on my shelf growing dusty. I would so impress my friends and neighbors (ha like they come over) with that. Fun pattern to have I will see if I cant locate it. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:11 PM

tell mom it is NOT my turn bugger rear. sheesh. I ALWAYS do the dishes. and take out the trash and recycling and clean the litter. surely its your turn. you pinch me again and i am really telling kid.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:09 PM

OK, I finally got around to uploading the photos of the runner I received from Nancia. They were on the camera & I've been spending time trying to finish my home decor swap, so downloading them to my computer and resizing them had to wait a couple days.

I'm excited to say that I am the proud owner of the best and happiest Auburn University themed table runner I've ever seen! I love it, my boyfriend loves it, my office-mates at work all said it's awesome (except that it's not Alabama, lol). I can't wait to show it off at our next get together!!!!

Nancia, should I upload the pics of the one I sent you too? I have a couple pictures, but no close ups.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:41 PM

d'sm-- you may have to. i've taken pictures, but now i can't find my camera! i think it's under one of the stacks i brought in to the family room to 'shop' for the home decor swap. i did not get it mailed today because i kept adding to it! it will go out monday! whatever is not done will not make the trip, and that's all she wrote. but, the beautiful, and yes, whimsical table runner is hanging on my design wall. i took about 6 pictures of the clouds up close and will hopefully have one shot where it actually shows the beautiful stitching. it is quite a hit with my husband, too! usually he doesn't make a spontaneous comment, but this time he said, " you know the thing on your wall? i like that." high praise from him i assure you! ( for perspective; i asked him if he thought we were soulmates. he thought about it and said he wasn't sure, but we got along ok.) not an effusive romantic! but he does some of the sweetest and romantic things. like for our anniversary one year he 'kidnapped' me and took me to a luxury hotel for the night. he had packed 2 large suitcases with my clothes because he didn't know what i would want to wear.
brat` you know that tree in israel that was planted for us? tuesday was my day to water it, so it is too your turn for the dishes, little cinderella-poo! you better meet me over on the pincushion/needle case swap so we can continue this discussion! and everybody else, too! you're all invited! come on in, the water's fine, and the fins are friendly!
this has been such a fun swap! thank you, anastasia! have thoroughly enjoyed it!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
d'sm-- you may have to. i've taken pictures, but now i can't find my camera! .... but, the beautiful, and yes, whimsical table runner is hanging on my design wall. i took about 6 pictures of the clouds up close and will hopefully have one shot where it actually shows the beautiful stitching. it is quite a hit with my husband, too! usually he doesn't make a spontaneous comment, but this time he said, " you know the thing on your wall? i like that." high praise from him i assure you!
Well here's the runner I sent Nancia. I didn't get closeups, but you get the point. I'm glad your honey likes it too! My original design plan was for balloons only, no blue. It would have had an uneven edge, top and bottom, but still be one up & the next down. I couldn't figure out how to make the transitions look right though. So then I thought I'd get a little blue to aid in the transitions. Then I thought it looked pretty good with the blue, but the runner seemed short, and since I didn't want to put together another gondola (isn't that what they're called?), I cut divider strips. Then I decided that it wasn't enough sky for them to fly in, so they got bottom sky. Eh, that was lopsided, so I put the top row on too. Then I decided you needed clouds, so I waited for my FPQ foot, but then I chickened out on doing too much, lol. Ta da! You ended up with this....

(Dusty asked me why they were uneven. I told him "The wind silly!")

[ATTACH=CONFIG]403610[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403611[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc06191.jpg   dsc06192.jpg  

Last edited by DustysMomma; 03-22-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:20 AM

Your hot air ballon runner is cute DM and your partner will love it. Very whimsical and I like them offset from each other better than all in a row. Such talented people we have here.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:49 AM

Sandy; you should get yours today. I'll find the tracking number to check, but when I mailed it they said it would be there today.