Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Got my partner. Can't wait to start! Got several ideas, now to get to work!!!

Hey Le Brat! Here's what you can do with all your funky chickens.

Name:  hens-party-table-runner-2.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  52.0 KB
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I thought the theme was Spring? Sent a message to my partner. Getting started

Blog Entries
    i've got dusty'smomma!! and i love bugs and monkeys and frogs and whimsey! and brights and colors and irises and pansies and daffodils, and pretty much, you name it!! so.......lady, what would YOU like??
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I know what Im gonna doooooo!!!! Neeener neener neeener... nap... yep.. that's what I'm gonna do.

FYI, Nancia.. your PM box is full

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Pm'd my partner and waiting to hear from her as to size, etc. so I can get to sewing....

Nancia, my number one wish is to have either a graduation themed or Auburn University themed or colored (orange & blue) runner. Either one that I can put on my dining room table (max 47"x9-1/2") that's decorative only or one that can go on my bar that is 57"x14" and can serve as a hotpad for our buffet graduation dinner parties that we have anytime one of my boyfriend's students defends and receives their masters or PhD degrees. If you make it for the bar, I'm not opposed to it being made to hang down over the edge if you wish. I can send you a picture of either or both areas if you like. You do have to clean out your inbox a lil first

Ok laughs on me. Seriously randomly I have Marytoddliz. Having her as a partner is not whats so funny. Major brain cramp. Anastasia darling says its le brat and hot toddy thats your partner. so I go to members to try to find something out about Hot toddy. I type in HOT TODDY nope, so I type in HOTTODDY, nope I type in HOTTODY nope HOT Tody nope and I am seriously not happy with my luck thinking ok you blew it.. so I go to this site to look to see if hot toddy has posted and how did that name not ring a bell... see Marybeths posting and DUH so that is the funny part one of my afternoon. Dialysis left me ..whacked I think. I took another of my little naps 3 hours and woke up bright and early to the smell of my delicious pork roast (slow cook all day in the oven til it shreds to pieces) and as I am laying there my mind goes to this tablerunner that I need to finish. suddenly I worry DID I PUT IT UNDER THE ROAST EVENLY uh Linda you used parchment paper its not in the oven. I say ok. a minute later the brain misfires again and I worry will those stains come out why did I use it to line the dish.. yup my brain thought that.. and I lay there and went thats not right its on the ironing board dork not in the oven. better get up and go check. ok its on the ironing board. WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ALL ABOUT? now I want to sew but I am seriously shakey. not hungry not thirsty that I am aware of but like freezing shakes in the hands? weird. too weird. so not sewing for a few so I dont sew my hands together or cut a finger by mistake. at least that runner is saved for another day. maybe its cause of the white.. i rarely use so much white.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    i have cleared space in my pm. all good. fire away!

Blog Entries
    Hi all, I thought the members were supposed to be secret but I see you are all telling who you got so that must be the rule so I will jump in and say that I got LoupEsprit. :-) Now I go to PM her and see what she likes. This will be so fun. Just have to get the binding on my tr and I will be ready to send off. But don't hold your breath. We didn't clear the snow today because it didn't quit until tonight so have that job to do tomorrow. Still need to get the sneak peek on here so hopefully will get that done before evening ends.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Sandy your one quick lil zipper there flying along with your runner. last swap ws secret the next will be this time we have partners. I like partners get to know them and what they might like.

cant wait to see the first sneak peak.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Linda, I am not fast..actually half-fast. I signed up for this swap because I knew I had a table runner almost done. Had it made and sandwiched but needed to quilt and get binding on. Since the theme was spring, I thought it would fit right in. Sure hope my partner likes it. Here is the sneak peek. My kitty (Toby) had to get his paw in there right when I took the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

heheh kitty. SPARKLES! I see sparkles I see sparkles. So I came up with an idea and I think it will go quickly.. *happy dance*

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting for my partner, Liz22, to contact me so I can begin to make her something she will use. Hurry Liz, need to know what you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    heheh kitty. SPARKLES! I see sparkles I see sparkles. So I came up with an idea and I think it will go quickly.. *happy dance*
    I like sparkles!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I think she works and comes in later in the evenings. I'll go poke her on FB for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    I like sparkles!
    Well... I wasn't planning on it.. but I could maybe try to make that happen... it might look weird..

sneak peak
    Name:  382225_10152567515215595_1362847800_n.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  20.5 KB

I got lov2sew2011: but havnt seen her,,,where oh where are you ,,sent pm,,,are you hiding from me,,come out ,come out where ever you are,,
    Sherrie

Blog Entries
    donna will be out to play i betcha soon! she's a very good playmate!( nodding head, nodding head, nodding head, getting headache, stopping nodding head...) i know what i am going to make for my partner and she will be surprised!!! i have to go to the mall tomorrow for my mani-pedi and i'm taking my hubby so he can have a manny (actually a pedi, grinning--no more nodding head). i know he will like it because he likes to have his feet rubbed. i will get to buy a couple of treats to send to my swap partners this month. i have only the binding to do on my january dq and then it's off to it's new home. and i have a wallhanging to make for that swap (it's still open if you want to play) and then i'll do a runner and a home decor-- so glad i took february off! say what???!

I'm not joining any more swaps until I get the 2 I have going close to finished. My home decor project, which I'm going to start cutting/sewing today, well it's a bit ambitious. For this swap, I'm doing a project I've never done before, and I'm editing the pattern too. Shouldn't be too bad, but I'll feel better when it's moving along. Somewhere in here I have 2 other projects for friends to do too. Neither should take long, but one I have to find the pattern in my stash closet and the other I have to calculate out myself.

Nancia, I wish I could get my boyfriend to go for a pedi, just once. He abuses his feet so bad & loves to have anyone just touch them. It doesn't matter if they're rubbing, touching lightly, scratching, putting lotion on, etc.

Mine runs the second you come near his feet he is highly ticklish no pedis for him ever.

I wish my mouth would say sign up when your done with but that aint going to happen. So ten projects at one time, hey I can handle that.. gulp. I truly think its ok. Keeps me thinking LOL we know what happens when that happens. Well Traci is either coming here today or she isnt. Do I clean or do I say hello welcome to my picked up but not perfect house? I know close all the doors to the rest of the house! shoot that leaves 70 percent unclosed. darn it.

Projects on time phew. off to sew til I know what to do otherwise. it could be ok it will be a fun day because the sun is out and its a day off just for me (and maybe Tracibug!).
    Linda

sooo this is what I did today so far

Name:  307317_10152570288710595_1896227665_n.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  67.0 KB

What is it... hmmm.. I dunnooooo. (yes it's missing a petal, it was on the sewing machine) this is not sewn down, just a layout idea..

Ooh, pretty Ana! Well mine is in pieces, and one of the fabrics is in the dryer before it can be cut (I may have found another one to add to it too, lol), and I have to go buy 1 other, and decide on one other. Ooh, that just gave me an idea. I think I may have decided on the one as I was writing, lol. Anyway, I'll be making my trek to Hobby Lobby tomorrow after work, if the weather isn't crappy.

Right now, it's time for a peanut butter and banana sandwich and an episode of something on Hulu for dinner...

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast