Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up >

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 11-18-2017, 04:03 PM

A quilt I finished Thursday! Hope you like it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]584034[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails summer-blooms-finish1.jpg  
Old 11-19-2017, 04:29 AM

I made the same quilts a Janice, McC several years ago and the results are amazingly pleasing to the eye. As soon as you get your solid sashing in plash it just shines and shows off all of those terrific little candies. I used white sashing but when I do this again I may use back or perhaps royal purple. Really any color would work. Keep at it Janice McC.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:10 AM

djmat, I love your flower quilt. Applique ? or Pieced? Very beautiful. Jane
Old 11-19-2017, 06:39 AM

djmat, that is lovely.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
= mystery person, from Annie Quilts (or is this your name). I'll know in 10 days for sure. Pretty round ladybug on the round address label.
It's my board name.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:32 AM

Hello ladies....
thanks SheriR for posting the dresden plate quilt. It is so cute. So last year I made 9 of the dresden plates and then backed them with felt and put a shiny button in the center, a ribbon for hanging and made them ornaments.
They were really cute.

Janice McC....love the quilt. I have that on my long list also to make with my candies. Does that quilt have a name? or did you make up the pattern. I will let you know when I start mine then I may need some guidance. Do you have a ballpark idea of how many squares are in it? It reminds me of a vintage quilt also. And I love scrappy.

DJmat....That is a beautiful quilt...what size does it measure? Also do I spy some candies in your quilt???

Happylab...sounds like you are having fun with all the birthday goodies coming in. Your plans on your birthday sound wonderful. Unfortunately I have to work on your birthday or I would join you.

That make me think we should have a sew-in maybe in February that we pick a day and we all sew. Then post at the end of the day what we have made! You would not have to use your candies (but all the newbies would have candies by then)...sew what ever you want.
What does everyone think. Maybe I should have a few drawings for prizes that day. hmmm what does everyone think???

Barb
Old 11-19-2017, 10:21 AM

Barb, it's 58x46, batiks front & back. The background is machined pieced 5" squares. Flowers, stems & leaves are needle turned applique and hand quilted. The back was lightly hand quilted in squares so as not to disturb the front floral scene. I'm scared to wash it, taking recommendations on how to do that without the dye running!!! It's my first attempt at applique on a large scale.

Excited to do the February Swappers Quilt Together project & drawings, Barb's prizes are so much fun!

Oh, still have all those FQs set aside for some swapper to win for being on time so keep up & you can win them!
hugs,
dj
Old 11-19-2017, 03:39 PM

What is the name of this pattern?

QUOTE=Janice McC;7946236]This is what I've been sewing on and off for a couple of months, a few squares at a time.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]584013[/ATTACH]
Most of the squares are from previous years' birthday candy swaps but a few are from my stash. They're on the floor and not very straight but you get the idea. Now to firm up my background color. Might try my stash of turkey reds. I've got enough of each to cut long strips to tone down the scrappiness and make it cohesive. Right now it's so darn busy, but I like it that way. Thanks for the candies and for looking.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-19-2017, 09:29 PM

It's a Postage Stamp Quilt (PSQ) with sashing from my perspective. PSQs are sought after by collectors if they do not have duplicate charms. Look on Ebay to see how expensive they are when finished. My PSQ top is done but I haven't chosen how to quilt it yet because the charms are so small, 2" raw & finished at 1.5" doesn't leave much room to quilt each charm. I'm keeping mine because it has family fabric in it.

I am looking forward to seeing Janice's when it's finished!

hugs,
dj
Old 11-20-2017, 05:50 AM

The link to the tutorial for the Janice Mc C's quilt is https://weddingdressblue.wordpress.c...-charms-quilt/ I really like this site. Every time I go there I find a new way to use small bits and pieces of fabric. I have started one of the other quilts that is massive because it was written for 2" squares and I am doing it with 2.5. But I have made a serious dent into my pile, box/bin of little treats.