Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New >

Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New

Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New

Old 07-15-2018, 12:01 PM

Happy Birthday Faintly Artistic. Enjoy all the wonderful candies! Go out and make it a great day.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:27 PM

Happy Birthday Faintly Artistic...sorry I missed your birthday yesterday...hope you are still celebrating!!!!
Old 07-15-2018, 02:54 PM

Such a busy time of year!!! July birthdays are flying in!!!!

On Thursday I finished my job with the kids I nanny for almost 16 years ...bitter sweet. I am ready to move on and I know I will remain friends with the family. Just hard know I won't see the kids each week and hear their daily story. The kids wrote me each a letter that I read with tearful eyes about their memories and full of thanks for all I have done for them. My heart is so full right now!

I still will be doing my bookkeeping (only about 8 hours a week) but will have to look for a new job to support my quilting habit among other things.

Saturday I went to a Lavender Festival near my house. It was the first one that they held and it was wonderful. I bought a lavender plant and a few bundles of the sweet smelling plant. After I dry them I think I will put them in my new yellow guest room. Soft purple and yellow are so pretty together.

Today Sunday, I went to a local craft show and started on some Christmas shopping! Yep bought 4 presents! I like to try and get some handmade presents when ever possible to support the crafters. I figure that everyone else can support walmart, target, best buy,...etc.etc. (they get some of my money too)

Hope everyone is well and trying to stay cool. Here in Michigan it is 90 degrees again. I don't know how the southern states do it. Try and remind me in the winter not to complain about the cold! At least when it is cold you can put on more clothes ......I can not legally take anymore off then I already have!!!!!

Barb
Old 07-15-2018, 03:36 PM

Jennr8r- fabulous barn block. The colors match my neighbor's blooming sunflower patch!
Old 07-15-2018, 04:06 PM

lol Barb! It was 93* here today. Your weekend sounds lovely, with the plants, the crafts, and the letters. Count your blessings!
Old 07-15-2018, 05:42 PM

Give...do you ever go to the Ann Arbor Art Fair??

Originally Posted by givio View Post
lol Barb! It was 93* here today. Your weekend sounds lovely, with the plants, the crafts, and the letters. Count your blessings!
Old 07-15-2018, 06:11 PM

Happy Birthday Faintly..... I know I missed the day and it is nearly time for the clock to turn into Monday but I did think of you and hope you have a joyous day that was just perfect for you.

Update on ....... me. Off to Indy tomorrow to help my daughter settle into a new apartment. A big change for her and for the better, I know. She will be near her children and that is a HUGE plus. Went to a quilt show this afternoon in Marshall, Michigan and saw some beauties. Of course my phone died and I have no pictures but lots of good memories. I left with some plans for new quilts, like I need some more. Right? I did finish a flimsy for an auction quilt last night but now I need to search for backing and then off to the long favorite long arm quilter! Retirement is such fun and so productive! Next is finish a UFO of.....2.5 sweet treats!
Old 07-15-2018, 06:59 PM

Thanks to everyone. I ran an open house yesterday and afterwards my 2 girls took me to dinner. Today was another open house, then hubs took me to a movie. Open houses were duds, but the rest of the time was good.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:48 PM

Barb, No, I haven't been to the Ann Arbor Art Fair. I wonder if it's similar to the East Lansing Art Festival? There are a lot of booths around the Union Building on MSU's campus, and some of the city streets are closed off for booths too. It's been going on for more than 50 years, and it's pretty big! I've been to that one lots of times.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:33 AM

Hav4boys, I'm going to put another birthday wish in the mail today, be sure to look out for it. If you end up getting the first card just keep both. It will be a birthday bonus from me.

JEBBR8R....Beautiful sunflower quilt, great job. you have my vote.

Happy birthday faintly artistic, sorry the wishes are late.