BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-17-2016, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
remember tent dresses. Back then I was so skinny I loved them. Made me not look like a twig. Oh my what great memories
Now most of us have 'grown' into the tent shape. Maybe tent dresses should come back!
Old 07-17-2016, 10:48 AM

Before we scare off all our newbies with this "release the beasts" stuff, naked chicken talk, three armed dresses and who knows what else, why don't we tell just a tiny bit about ourselves to encourage our newbies to do the same. Somebody go first...

Kassaundra perhaps?
Old 07-17-2016, 10:48 AM

LOL always room for a boomer and a quilter! I am super excited about Moonwork's block, it is going to lure me into the dark underbelly of quilting (applique)! I will piece the background though, so maybe that will ground me enough to make my way back out! lol lol lol
Old 07-17-2016, 10:49 AM

Bite your tongue sewbizgirl!! Not one of us will admit that! Roflol! Certainly not me.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Now most of us have 'grown' into the tent shape. Maybe tent dresses should come back!
Old 07-17-2016, 10:52 AM

"...It is going to lure me into the dark underbelly of quilting...?????

DId we determine where that like button is??? Omg!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
LOL always room for a boomer and a quilter! I am super excited about Moonwork's block, it is going to lure me into the dark underbelly of quilting (applique)! I will piece the background though, so maybe that will ground me enough to make my way back out! lol lol lol
Old 07-17-2016, 10:53 AM

LOL LOL LOL Sewbizgirl, I was looking at those dresses and thinking "no waist band, how comfy" lol lol lol No way no how I would have even thought about that when I was younger, but now ................. definitely a plus!
Old 07-17-2016, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
remember tent dresses. Back then I was so skinny I loved them. Made me not look like a twig. Oh my what great memories
LOL isn't funny how when the bigger, sloppy stuff is in style and you don't really need it but when you get big enough to need it, it's no longer in style.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:56 AM

Look ladies, I've got stuff to do and this line of talk is so funny I don't want to break away! But go I must. But I'll be back. Thanks for the belly laughs.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:04 AM

I had to go find what I wrote on the last boom, my witness protection handler doesn't like it when I change the story!!!! lol lol lol

I have sewn ever since I can remember, when I started I mostly sewed clothes. I have puttered w/ quilting since I was a teen, lo those many years ago! lol But I too love the piecing soooo much more then the quilting. I am self taught and don't follow many rules, I love the off road adventure of experimenting w/ quilting ideas that pop into my head you never know what I'll try next, as some of the returning ladies can testify to, lol lol lol I do make exceptions to my rule breaking ways during swaps (size and colors and quilting cotton and the like). I have been married to a soft hearted animal lover for 24 years so have more pets then is reasonable. (4 dogs and a cat) We also have chickens and rabbits (for food and fun), some of our chickens are featherless (yes completely naked) I repurpose wool sweaters and toddler onsies into fall and winter clothes for them. I am a paramedic and have very inappropriate humor response to many things (to the dismay of my longsuffering husband). We have no children, but lots of nieces and nephews (and grands too). To the bottom of my toenails I hate all things winter and cold (except ice cream), love photography especially nature and macro. Well that's all I can think of now.

I am also a huge Whovian, as you can tell by my signature line, that is a lover of the British Sci fi show Doctor Who.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:25 AM

ok... I'm old, fat and grouchy. I sew when I want to and have a hard time finishing a quilt. I have lots of tops pieced and a long arm sitting there acting as an elliptical (IE clothes hanger). My humor can also be inappropriate and I have to reign myself back so often my fingers hurt from biting them. My "resource center" of fabric is almost embarrassing as it seems alive as it keeps growing out of it's confined areas. My hubby is no help as he encourages the purchase of machines and gadgets. Two inside furry felines rule the creative room and will generally allow me to share one of the chairs . My goal is to provide fabric that will make some scratch their head, stand back and lose track of time while contemplating the universe and the reason for quilts.