Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 10-20-2016, 04:14 AM

Terri, your block is lovely even if you have a point or two off. It'll hardly be noticeable, if at all, once it's quilted so try not to be so hard on yourself. I understand what you are talking about though. I often have the same problem. Have you considered paper piecing them to see if that method works better for you? I find my results are better. Not perfect, but better. Some day - some week? - I plan to sit at the machine and just make geese the regular way until I can get the points more consistently right. Until then, pp'ing it is.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Sewbiz if I take bigger seams then the block is a hair under 12.5", one of the blocks I s not you in our side swap had the same dang thing happen. That's why I'm so darn disgusted.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:41 AM

Kassandra absolutely beautiful pictures

janice I do paperpiece and enjoy it but if I can make a block one time and it turns out correct I just can't figure out why the next time it doesn't match up.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:33 AM

Terri....you make the most consistently perfect blocks of anyone Ive swapped with (except maybe Jaba and I think ALL your blocks are wonderful...Just relax, have fun, keep being sweet and wonderful and KEEP making near perfect blocks because we love them ALL!!
Old 10-20-2016, 06:51 AM

It's not you, it's gremlins. But seriously, Joan and sewbizgirl are right. Send your blocks and im certain everyone will be very happy with them. Maybe there's just so much happening around you right now, perfection every time might be too much to ask of yourself.
Kassandra absolutely beautiful picturesI'm just about to head to the airport to pick up my cousins so I've got to run but I'll write more later.

janice I do paperpiece and enjoy it but if I can make a block one time and it turns out correct I just can't figure out why the next time it doesn't match up.

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-20-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:01 AM

Thanks ladies Janice you might be right. Maybe I'm trying to hard to control part of my life and over compensating.

I emailed my nephew's wife and asked if they had a theme or special colors for the baby's room. She replied no theme, walls will be neutral, furniture is brown and they will add a few rustic decorations. Yikes not much to go on. Everyone tells me I should wait and see if the baby lives but even if the little guy doesn't make it they will have a quilt that belonged to their first born. Mom and Dad both love being out in nature, they are avid fishermen and hunters. Theme fabric is bear, moose, squirrels and fish. Going to make the Warm wishes pattern. Just need my arms and wrists to settle down a bit first.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:12 AM

Thanks ladies Janice you might be right. Maybe I'm trying to hard to control part of my life and over compensating.

I emailed my nephew's wife and asked if they had a theme or special colors for the baby's room. She replied no theme, walls will be neutral, furniture is brown and they will add a few rustic decorations. Yikes not much to go on. Everyone tells me I should wait and see if the baby lives but even if the little guy doesn't make it they will have a quilt that belonged to their first born. Mom and Dad both love being out in nature, they are avid fishermen and hunters. Theme fabric is bear, moose, squirrels and fish. Going to make the Warm wishes pattern. Just need my arms and wrists to settle down a bit first.
Sounds like a very thoughtful, loving choice! It will be stitched with love and they will know it!
Old 10-20-2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]560546[/ATTACH]
Thank you Billi for participating in my recovery. Your fabric went together with no drama.
Thank you GramE I love it and how there is a diagonal line of the music stripes it's perfect I am so happy that my fabric behaved so nicely for you sometimes that is not the case with my children. Also I loved your days with the boys I know you are exhausted but what a treat for all of you.

I'm thrilled that so many of you guys have liked my fabrics I got them from several places my local quilt shops and on line at miller's dry goods, fabric.com, keepsake quilting and Hancocks.

Once I get my [SUP]shit[/SUP] self together I'll share my junk days finds with you truthfully I ended up buying very little this time hey it happens. But I always enjoy the digging.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Terri....you make the most consistently perfect blocks of anyone Ive swapped with (except maybe Jaba and I think ALL your blocks are wonderful...Just relax, have fun, keep being sweet and wonderful and KEEP making near perfect blocks because we love them ALL!!
Ya what Joan said get off your own back lady you do great work.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Great blocks everyone. Had a visitor today I thought you guys would like to see.

Kass your visitors are beautiful great photography thank you far sharing them with us.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Good morning, Topazians! My guests will be leaving today and life will return to normal so I can begin my last few blocks. I think I'll have time to start them after shipping for Opal next week.
Hi Janice it's great to see you we pretty much stayed out of trouble while you were gone.
(quick someone hide the evidence)

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
What a great grandmother you are, GramE. That they want to hang out with you at 17 and 15 is a wonderful thing! Hope that great-grandson will be moving near to you soon. The kids will keep you young.
This is so true I have no Grands other than 3 Nieces no grand nephews yet they are all babies and I love the time I get with them. I have 2 more on the way in 2017 got to get those quilts done soon.

Terri that is a lovely idea. He may not be here yet but but they already love him I am sure they will appreciate that he already matters to you too.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Everyone tells me I should wait and see if the baby lives but even if the little guy doesn't make it they will have a quilt that belonged to their first born. Mom and Dad both love being out in nature, they are avid fishermen and hunters. Theme fabric is bear, moose, squirrels and fish. Going to make the Warm wishes pattern. Just need my arms and wrists to settle down a bit first.
I like this idea... even if the baby didn't live they would have something soft and cuddly to cry into. I do pray for the best for them all, and for your brother in law too.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:46 PM

Here is a pic of some middles for my La Pass. The dark ones are made from a Christmas tree print, and the bright one is a lady bug.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0134.jpg