Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-05-2016, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
Wow turn my head a few days you ladies sure have cranked out some great looking blocks. It's just hard to keep up with you all. I know I'm not suppose to be sewing but I had to work on something so before all the great ideas are taking here's my 3rd idea for Moonwork, the first 2 got taken before I could do them so I'm not letting this one get thrown back too. LOL Abby Roads was my first thought & hubby was getting his album down so I could use the design off of it but not fast enough, then I thought about the peace sign, well that's go to so now I have this design & not sure what to call it. Maybe it's the girl listening to Abby Roads music and wishing for peace? LOL

Ha I saved a pic of a flower child that I thought would be good in silhouette the other day. On to the next idea. It is fun looking for ideas. Love the profile you gave her!
Old 09-05-2016, 08:14 AM

This, Seasaw, is amazing! I am so impressed! Congrats.
Wow turn my head a few days you ladies sure have cranked out some great looking blocks. It's just hard to keep up with you all. I know I'm not suppose to be sewing but I had to work on something so before all the great ideas are taking here's my 3rd idea for Moonwork, the first 2 got taken before I could do them so I'm not letting this one get thrown back too. LOL Abby Roads was my first thought & hubby was getting his album down so I could use the design off of it but not fast enough, then I thought about the peace sign, well that's go to so now I have this design & not sure what to call it. Maybe it's the girl listening to Abby Roads music and wishing for peace? LOL
Old 09-05-2016, 09:59 AM

Oops, I thought I'd already posted this block I made for Francie Yuhas. I hope you like it Francie. It's probably my all time favorite when there's good contrast between fabrics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557583[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 09-05-2016, 10:16 AM

Sea, I agree w/ Billi, so glad the other ideas were taken b/c this one is great!!!!
Old 09-05-2016, 10:17 AM

Seasaw2mch, this one is fabulous!
Moonwork, you must REALLY LOVE this friend. I don't think I could turn this one loose if it were mine. What a wonderful treasure you will have to put together. (Don't mind me...just a little green over here.)
Old 09-05-2016, 11:52 AM

Janice...thanks for the block...it's very pretty.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=seasaw2mch;7645500]Wow turn my head a few days you ladies sure have cranked out some great looking blocks. It's just hard to keep up with you all. I know I'm not suppose to be sewing but I had to work on something so before all the great ideas are taking here's my 3rd idea for Moonwork, the first 2 got taken before I could do them so I'm not letting this one get thrown back too. LOL Abby Roads was my first thought & hubby was getting his album down so I could use the design off of it but not fast enough, then I thought about the peace sign, well that's go to so now I have this design & not sure what to call it. Maybe it's the girl listening to Abby Roads music and wishing for peace? LOL[/QUOTED

DYING HERE! THIS CAPTURES HER TO A "T"! wowsers y'all .... it getting harder and harder to think about giving this away....
Old 09-05-2016, 04:18 PM

Y'all thought the zebra print fabric was going to be a problem and look what you did with that.

Then you thought the tye die was going to be hard to work with... and look at the beauties and inspirational blocks that are bursting out of your fingers.

mmmm thinking of a challenging fabric for the next time....at least I have some time to come up with something worthy of your talents.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:49 PM

Seesaw, fabulous block

Janice I went to quilt show today and this was their block. They had so many great variations. Love your block
Old 09-05-2016, 06:16 PM

Here's a couple of blocks I did tonight. First one is for Jaba. It's Wind Spinner. Jaba, it looks blue but it's really two shades of lavender. The flash at night makes it look off.
Second one is for Terriamn. It's a Wind Spinner too. I love this pattern. This one is showing up pretty much true to color. Hope y'all like them.
Attached Thumbnails 101_0217-2-.jpg   101_0216-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Libster; 09-05-2016 at 06:19 PM.