Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-05-2016, 06:31 PM

love, love,love the blue and white star.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:33 PM

Beautiful colors! Beautiful block.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:09 PM

Kass, love the Death Star. It is fantastic!!
Old 09-06-2016, 04:08 AM

Libster - love those stars. teriamns block is so 3D as if I was looking inside a box - great fabric choices.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:10 AM

this blue and white fabric is going to make such an awesome quilt - loving the blocks
Old 09-06-2016, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Y'all thought the zebra print fabric was going to be a problem and look what you did with that.

Then you thought the tye die was going to be hard to work with... and look at the beauties and inspirational blocks that are bursting out of your fingers.

mmmm thinking of a challenging fabric for the next time....at least I have some time to come up with something worthy of your talents.
Moonwork - the great part of the swap is we all get to choice what we will make. Tried and true patterns are always welcome. Trying new things and new patterns is what I enjoy too. Each fabric speaks. If the quilt is being made for a specific person or reason that always makes it fun too. If you hadn't given us information on who the zebra print and tie-dyed fabric were for, who knows what you would have gotten!! You gave us great direction.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Moonwork - the great part of the swap is we all get to choice what we will make. Tried and true patterns are always welcome. Trying new things and new patterns is what I enjoy too. Each fabric speaks. If the quilt is being made for a specific person or reason that always makes it fun too. If you hadn't given us information on who the zebra print and tie-dyed fabric were for, who knows what you would have gotten!! You gave us great direction.
I love the story behind the fabric choice or the purpose for the future quilt. I need inspiration and direction & I love watching what is developing from all the others!
Old 09-06-2016, 08:14 AM

Thanks for all the kind words about that block for Moonwork. I was a little worried that I wouldn't get it right and the fact that I added 2 design pictures to get the one block. The girl by herself was OK but I added the cutout flower to her face to give it that needed 60's look & the peace symbol in the heart was so neat I just had to add it which also helped out with the 60's look.

I have to agree with Libster on being green over here (I'll sent you my address if you want it, promise to take great care of it, LOL), this is going to be one heck of a great quilt when you get it all together. Can't wait to see this one all done.

The others are right as well in the fact that if you had not given us an idea of whom would be getting this quilt, we probably would not have chosen the designs that we did. So I think we should all consider giving this information out when we send out our fabrics, as I usually just say have fun & do what ever because I don't want to limit your creativity but sort of knowing whom the quilt will be for also gives us direction as to the patterns that might be needed in the quilt.

Even if we just give an idea of the hobbies the person likes, that would give us all an idea of where or what to look for in a pattern. We would still have the freedom of design elements but with a little more idea of what to look for in the designs.

Last edited by seasaw2mch; 09-06-2016 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
(snip)
The others are right as well in the fact that if you had not given us an idea of whom would be getting this quilt, we probably would not have chosen the designs that we did. So I think we should all consider giving this information out when we send out our fabrics, as I usually just say have fun & do what ever because I don't want to limit your creativity but sort of knowing whom the quilt will be for also gives us direction as to the patterns that might be needed in the quilt.

Even if we just give an idea of the hobbies the person likes, that would give us all an idea of where or what to look for in a pattern. We would still have the freedom of design elements but with a little more idea of what to look for in the designs.
Yes, it helps. I don't know who mine will be for... Perhaps they will end up being two lap quilts for donation.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:39 AM

Checking in. Beautiful work people.