Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37 77 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2295

Thread: Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

I am so sorry to hear this. My heart is breaking for you. I am sending my love and prayers to you and your family.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Janice, I'm so very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Even when we are prepared for a loved one's passing, it still seems impossible when it actually happens. (((Hugs!)))
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Janice I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope her leaving peacefully on her own terms brings you a measure of comfort.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Janice, my love and prayers for you and your family also. There's nothing I can say to make the pain of losing her better. Just know that time will ease the sharpness for you. Each person grieves at their own pace. Take the time that you need for you. We'll all be with you in our thoughts. We love you.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Janice,

I am so sorry for you loss of your mom. Hugs, Kathy
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Here is Cricket and her little baby chick. She is a great little mom, one of the other mom's chicks got away from their own mom and was distress crying, she brought her baby over and covered both. Gary rescued the baby and gave it back to it's mom since Cricket isn't big enough for 2.

Name:  DSC_0234.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  195.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0239.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  173.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0240.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  167.8 KB
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    Here is Cricket and her little baby chick. She is a great little mom, one of the other mom's chicks got away from their own mom and was distress crying, she brought her baby over and covered both. Gary rescued the baby and gave it back to it's mom since Cricket isn't big enough for 2.

Name:  DSC_0234.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  195.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0239.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  173.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0240.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  167.8 KB

She's going to be a fabulous Mom!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Blog Entries
    Janice, I’m so sorry to hear about your Mom. I’m sending Hugs and prayers your way...
    ďBe the change you wish to see in the world.Ē
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

So sorry to hear this sad news, Janice. It's so heartbreaking to say goodbye to our parents. Hope you are comforted that she passed on her own terms. Our prayers are with you and your family now.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Janice, I am so sorry my heart is breaking for you. Your Mom sounded like she was a strong woman, she decided on something and went for it. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of my Mom. This won’t be an easy time for you and I’m sure it’s stirring up your grief for your sister. So sorry my friend.

Thinking of you Janice. Your mom was lucky to have you. Your kindness and love for her showed in your posts.

Janice, I am so sad to hear your news but glad you let us know. Hoping you and your family are finding comfort in each other as you process this great loss.

I've been sewing and knitting baby stuff this weekend. DarcyShannon, was it you who showed this fabric as what you will be sending in the next Boom? After it was shown I hunted some down online so I could make baby clothes out of it. So cute, with the bear, fox and raccoon characters.

Name:  IMG_5245.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  289.6 KB
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Hi everyone. Although I havenít read your recent posts yet, Iím beginning to come up for air. Just wanted to check in and let you all know weíre doing ok, but itís mighty quiet around here. Our new normal I suppose. Be back soon.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    I've been sewing and knitting baby stuff this weekend. DarcyShannon, was it you who showed this fabric as what you will be sending in the next Boom? After it was shown I hunted some down online so I could make baby clothes out of it. So cute, with the bear, fox and raccoon characters.

Name:  IMG_5245.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  289.6 KB
    Yes, it was me. It is cute and the had and overalls are adorable.

Janice, I am really sorry you lost your mom, especially when you thought you might have her at least a few more days. Thankfully you were able to honor her wishes to go home to die. You have all our support and we share your grief. It's coming up on 2 years for me without my mom, and I miss her every day. May God hold you close as you grieve.
    Last edited by zozee; 06-09-2019 at 09:53 PM. Reason: typo

Good morning, Boomers. DH and I are adjusting to a much quieter and emptier house. We didn't realize how regimented our we'd become (mom needed a very strict med and meal schedule) until we no longer had to do it. Suddenly we're all over the place every aspect of our lives, except DH's work. Me, I'm just drifting around aimlessly so I plan to start reworking the Boom 23 schedule. My original dates are blown to bits but I should have it sussed out within a couple of days if I can keep focus, that's a big if. I think it will help me. I'll pm admin for the ok to go with 23 once I've got the dates set. I'll keep you updated here.

Again, thank you all for your lovely notes, cards, pms and emails. I will be replying to each and every one of you. Your kindness is deeply appreciated.

edited to add: the new avatar is Mom's cat, a sometimes mean cat let me tell you, who is lost right now without her. He's 7 or so and now ours.
    Last edited by Janice McC; 06-11-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

I love the cat. What a beautiful cat he is.

Looking forward to BOOM 23!
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

I grew up in Iowa, I now live in Wisconsin
    Janice, so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

I have been a long-time lurker of the Boom threads as they have both inspired and terrified me! If I was to think about joining the next one does it work if I am international?

Janice, although we have never ‘spoken’ on here I am sorry to hear about your mum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    Cricket my featherless chicken has been determined to be broody since she put in the time I'm going to give her a chick. She has no feathers to keep the baby warm though, so this afternoon I made her a maternity dress. So here she is sporting her new look.

Attachment 613575
    LOL, That is the funniest thing, I hope it works and keeps her and her chicks warm.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Janice, so sorry to hear about your mom, My deepest prayers and sympathies are with you and your family.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

RJLinkletter - I encourage you to join! I was just like you prior to the last BOOM always lurking, pondering and fretting at the same time I jumped in for Boom 22 and made 19 unique blocks, received 20 amazing blocks in return and had a wonderful time! The gals in here are super fun and the process of making for others, with their inspiration fabrics, is so very rewarding! I say 'Do it!'
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

RJLinkletter, there are four mailings in this swap: 1)fabric packets to Janice, 2) fabric packets back from Janice, 3) finished blocks to Janice, and 4)Finished blocks back from Janice. We use padded flat rate envelopes for the shipments, which now cost $8 each. So it now costs us $32 in shipping (domestic US mail) to "play". If you can afford 4 such shipments at international rates, I'd say 'go for it!'

Blog Entries
    Janice, I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers and hugs for your family.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37 77 86 87 88 ... LastLast