Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 08-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

That's such a beautiful tie, Kass. And uniquely his. I'm sure he will love it.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:35 PM

Kass, love that tie! Are they very hard to make? My son has to start wearing a tie and asked me if I would make one for him.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:58 PM

The tie is brighter then it shows in the pic, it is mostly black so dark, but it has shiny metalic gold, teal, and purple.( it also has a metallic rose/pink but the way I cut the design those don't show on the tie front)

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
He will love it Kass, all the deep but what I'd call subdued colors
Old 08-06-2019, 02:59 PM

This butterfly house has a butterfly plant area surrounding the enclosed area this attracts all kinds of native butterflies too, so some of the pics were native as well.

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Beautiful tie. Beautiful flowers. And beautiful butterflies. The one with blue on the lower part we have in our backyard. I see it usually at least once a day. But seeing them in a butterfly house is a whole other experience.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:03 PM

I have been making ties for many years now and I have adjusted the way I make them. When I first started I disassembled a bought tie and imitated how they did it, that was obnoxious and overly complicated. Over the years I have adjusted my way of doing it, making it easier, the way I do it now is very easy. I make the point like a dresden blade point. I made my pattern from freezer paper so I can press it onto the fabric for easier cutting of slippery fabric.

Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
Kass, love that tie! Are they very hard to make? My son has to start wearing a tie and asked me if I would make one for him.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:18 PM

Beautiful tie, Kass. What a lucky guy to get a Kassaundra original.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:45 AM

Default Boom Biz - shipping and bonus blocks

Good morning, Night Owls! I'm stuffing your packages today and I plan to ship tomorrow. You will be getting your tracking numbers shortly directly from USPS.com. Those of you who sent me labels should already have the tracking number. Jaba, Terriamn and Libster, your EB F8s are in with the NOs and they fit well this time. Woo hoo! Those combined shipping packages are always my concern but everyone who used small ziplocks really helped a great deal. Thank you!

Also, A swapper has asked whether or not she may make "bonus blocks" for someone. Everyone is obligated to make one single block using a good portion of a person's f8. The goal is not to make as many blocks as possible from an f8. However, if you've made a block for someone and have enough left over for another block you wish to give the owner, feel free. Just please keep in mind that shipping packages have a limit as to the number of blocks they will hold. I use the padded envelopes and for those in both groups with combined shipping, it's already a tight squeeze. So everyone, please don't go overboard with the "bonus" blocks. Thanks!

Tracking numbers on their way already but remember shipping will be tomorrow. Look over your tracking email to make sure all is correct. If you spot a mistake, please email me immediately. Thank you!

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-07-2019 at 02:56 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I got a new plant today, a phalanopsis orchid, I have 2 I rescued from the clearance rack about 6 months ago that didn't die, so now I got a pretty one full price w/ blooms, she is beautiful and I am going to try my hand a water culture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615699[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615700[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615701[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615702[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615703[/ATTACH]
This Orchid is beautiful, I have a hard time keeping plants alive. I have managed to keep an African violet alive. That is the only plant I have.

My friend and I went to a butterfly house today here are some pics, there are several but these are just a few of the ones I took.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615710[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615711[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615712[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615713[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615714[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615715[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615716[/ATTACH]
You also have revealed another hidden talent, taking photographs. These photos are beautiful.

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I am so excited! This early mailing tells me to get the project I am working on done up and ready to put away for a bit so I can work BOOM23! I must make sure I have the floor swept up a vacuumed before I start and again clear my cutting table. Right now I am still working on a scrappy quilt and things pile so high when working with scraps.
I also have to clean up after summer sewing, I think I will tackle the sewing room Saturday.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I am in Omaha with my daughters family. We are staying in an inexpensive Airbnb with an old tennis court. We are playing every morning at 7:30 am. We are really enjoying our bonus grandchildren. Took the 11 year olds boy on a bike ride over the Omaha pedestrian bridge and to the main library. To day we’ll spend time with the 8 year old granddaughter. They are delightful.

Kass you would love it here. There are about 50 butterflies hanging outside their front door in the mint plants.

My my son in law is a chef. We’ve had a Korean feast one night, fish tacos with homemade salsa and cabbage stuff last night. If it weren’t for the tennis I’d be gaining a lot of weight. Fortunately the weather hasn’t been blazingly hot.
Sounds like you are having a fantastic time. I am trying to convince my husband to take me to the sewing and quilting expo in Cincinnati in September. It is only a 4 hour drive from my home. If we can' go in September then I will make plans to go next year when the expo comes to Cleveland.

Thanks for all the compliments on the pics of the butterflies and flowers, we did have a great time, it isn't as big and fancy as some of the butterfly houses I've been to but it is local.

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy until the squishies arrive.

There is an older brother in our congregation who always admires the ties I make for Gary so I made one for him today here is a pic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615770[/ATTACH]
I also admire the ties you make. You think outside the box. I love that skill.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

Got my tracking number today! It won't be long now....
Old 08-07-2019, 06:02 AM

Received mine also but heading back to lake before they arrive. My sister will be arriving for 4 or 5 days