Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group >

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Old 10-03-2020, 08:13 AM

Janice, I'll be thinking about you and saying a little prayer for you and your doctors Monday that all goes exactly as it needs to be. Both of my nephews have had this done on both shoulders. One had an ice pack machine to use for pain relief after his surgery. His insurance paid for it. The other's insurance wouldn't pay for one for him, so Dean loaned his machine to Mike. It was a God-send for Mike. Check your insurance to see if that option is open for you. Both my guys swore by it. You'll be sore at first, but you'll be on the road to complete recovery and the worst will be behind you. ((((((Hugs))))))
Old 10-03-2020, 08:19 AM

Sewbiz your block for Mobile is fantastic and love the colors you used in HAV’s blocks. Definitely shouts fall.

Janice I had myself pretty worked up by the time I had my last surgery. No logic as to why and thankfully no problems. You really need to listen to your body and when it says rest, rest. Years ago I had carpal tunnel and tennis elbow surgery at the same time on the same arm it’s funny about the things that you don’t think of. Went to open a can of soup, try that one handed. Hubby helped a lot but was no good with my long hair. I would brush it as well as I could then the gals at work loved to French braid it for me. That was the best part of the surgery. Had lots of PT afterwards and being pain free was such a relief. Take it slow and only push yourself if the doctor says to. Sending prayers for patience, comfort and healing
Old 10-03-2020, 04:44 PM

Janice -- good luck on Monday! I hope the recovery is speedy and not as inconvenient as you anticipate. Hugs and prayers to you.

Great blocks, Sewbizgirl! That twisted heart pattern was such a gift to get and give, What a great way to remember Sue! Love the sunflower blocks, too, especially the dresden sunflower. The plaid looks great with the critter fabric!

Libster, I'm so happy to see your MJP block. I have been worried about how that fabric will look when I slice into it. All your blocks are gorgeous! You pick great patterns to showcase our fabrics.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:24 PM
Power Poster

One for Macybaby:

Attached Thumbnails img_0563.jpg  
Old 10-03-2020, 05:25 PM
Power Poster

And here is one for MJPEncinitas:

Attached Thumbnails img_0565.jpg  
Old 10-03-2020, 07:11 PM

Good luck with the surgery Monday Janice. I’ll be thinking of you then.

Thank you for my beautiful blocks Hav, Libster and Sewbiz. How did you think the companion fabric worked with the focus fabric? Did I make a mistake on that? I was going to use it for sashing but seeing it in the pictures I’m not sure.

ive got a lot of appliqué blocks ready to be cut out so I’ll be doing that this week.

gorgeous blocks in this group! A very high bar!

Old 10-04-2020, 04:31 AM

"Libster, I'm so happy to see your MJP block. I have been worried about how that fabric will look when I slice into it. All your blocks are gorgeous! You pick great patterns to showcase our fabrics."[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I know it sounds hokie but I do like to let the fabric tell me what it wants to be. I hate cutting into gorgeous fabrics because I'm always afraid I'll lose it's brilliance when I do that to it. Again, thanks for your vote of confidence.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:02 AM

Sewbiz I think your block for Macy is stunning, love your use of the striped fabric
Old 10-04-2020, 07:06 AM

Libby was kind enough to tell me what fabric was being requested b4 I left for Texas. Grabbed from my stash enough to complete 7 of the 11 blocks just need a solid white, a yellow and COC to finish the other 4. If I have time here to finish the 7 then I will have to be brave and venture out to look for the others. Right now traffic isn’t that bad because most of us snowbirds aren’t here yet. Been a little down hoping sewing these blocks will give me a little Umph back
Old 10-04-2020, 08:18 AM

Default Boom Biz

The gallery will not be updated while I am off. Please keep posting your pix here and as I feel better, I'll begin adding them to the gallery. The gallery URL is always in my signature below all my posts. Please, please, please shrink all your photos whenever possible to 200 kb or smaller so that I don't have to take that extra step. That's the longest part of my adding photos is having to shrink them all after I transfer them to my computer. There will be about 600 photos when all is said and done and that's an awful lot of photos for one person to shrink but not so much for each of you individually. Thank you!

Please remember that everyone should check in on the threads once a week. Check in means post and let us know you are still with us. No disappearing unless you've let me know in advance please, if possible.

That's if for now. Help each other out whenever possible and if a problem comes up, you can email me and I'll get back to you as soon as I reasonably can. While it's only my shoulder needing surgery, the pain pills will knock me out some for a few days so no guarantees what i write will make much sense so I'm better off just lurking.

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-04-2020 at 08:31 AM.