Boom 28 Holly

Old 01-15-2023, 09:38 PM
Power Poster

Thank you, Karen!
Old 01-16-2023, 09:55 AM

Congrats on the new grandbaby, that is great news. So glad to hear everyone is healthy. I've started to look at different sashings and ideas for the modern blocks, and I think it is narrowed down to stars in the cornerstones or something custom. I'm wanting to love the sashing as well as the blocks. It will be a bigger quilt, for sure. I'm toying with the idea of making it a 4x4 with custom back but I'm not sure yet, it all depends on the size of the sashing. MIssing Libster too! Hugs all!
Old 01-30-2023, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

Hi everybody!
Gee I miss the day-to-day chitter chatter we had during the boom! I see that many of you have joined the Birthday swap in the meantime, so we'll be chatting over there. I plan to offer a new Boom towards the end of March. That will be here before we know it, so start looking at your fabric!

I am putting together my Quilt of Valor that you all worked on in Boom 28. Because I had lots of batting pieces to use, I am doing it QAYG. I just love it so far. Will show you as soon as I'm done.
Old 01-31-2023, 05:55 AM

Good to hear from you Sewbiz. I have my fabric for the next boom, one of them is already washed 😁

Miss all the conversations also
Old 01-31-2023, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

You are ahead of the game, Terri!
Old 01-31-2023, 12:21 PM

Hi! I think I’ll use a red fabric I had used years back. I still have some of the blocks leftover so I could make a second quilt.

I’ve been busy using my tiniest scraps to make blocks. It’s mindless sewing which is complete stress-free. I love making blocks from something that could just as easily have been thrown out. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like my scrap bin has gone down at all. I think scraps multiply when you’re not looking.
Old 01-31-2023, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

I think I just bought my fabric for the next Boom. Online auction. It will make a pretty lap throw for a lady, to be donated. Not sure if I will be in two groups the next time, or just one. I was kinda busy last time!

I'm loving how the Quilt of Valor group blocks from the Pumpkin group are turning out. I'm QAYG with soft fluffy poly batting and they are just so yummy. I hope they bless a veteran!
Old 01-31-2023, 05:38 PM

Can't wait to see the quilt, Sewbiz. I'm glad folks are excited about the upcoming BOOM already. I am going to become a lurker again. School is killing me. No time to quilt or finish up my patiently waiting projects.

Stay safe everyone in this weird Arctic blast!
Old 02-01-2023, 05:33 AM

Oh I do miss you all and glad you are all keeping warm. I am still in NH and this will be first time experiencing negative double digit temps. well I really won't experience it as I will not leave this warm house!
Have been working on getting all my tops sandwiched and quilted and bound. Four down! Have one sandwiched but not sure how to quilt. And then one to sandwich. And then I can put the Boom blocks together.
And then it will be March and I can play with your fabric!
Attached Thumbnails batiksby-moda-jan23.jpg   fun-jan23.jpg   ispy-jan23.jpg   ombre-jan23.jpg  
Old 02-01-2023, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Oh I do miss you all and glad you are all keeping warm. I am still in NH and this will be first time experiencing negative double digit temps. well I really won't experience it as I will not leave this warm house!
Have been working on getting all my tops sandwiched and quilted and bound. Four down! Have one sandwiched but not sure how to quilt. And then one to sandwich. And then I can put the Boom blocks together.
And then it will be March and I can play with your fabric!
Wow, what great finishes. I spy an I spy? Very cool quilts. Hugs!