Boom 28 Holly

Old 02-01-2023, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

TG, what great tops!! Especially love the I Spy elements in those! I have many things to quilt and need to get upstairs to the quilting machine and just do them. You inspire me. I would love (in a perfect world!) to have my last three unquilted Boom quilts all done before the next Boom rolls around. The QOV one is well underway, but I'd also like to get my Donald Duck and my Chameleon quilts put together. Those are being donated to children. I'm sure they need them now more than next summer!

I was undisciplined and started (and finished) a new quilt last week. It's one of the Alaska quilts by Edyta Sitar.

Attached Thumbnails img_3186.jpg  
Old 02-01-2023, 04:51 PM

Beautiful, SBG!! It flows all over!
Old 02-02-2023, 04:28 AM

TG way to go, they are all great

Sewbiz wow you made this gorgeous top in one week. Very impressive
Old 02-02-2023, 04:43 AM

My goodness! What beautiful quilts, TG and SBG. I’m impressed by both your productivity.

No piecing until tonight. Today’s our day with both granddaughters. The youngest is just 9 months so she’s more of a challenge to babysit. Wish us luck!
Old 02-02-2023, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post

I was undisciplined and started (and finished) a new quilt last week. It's one of the Alaska quilts by Edyta Sitar.
Umm undisciplined?? One week??? you sure rocked it - that looks like a very difficult pattern and it turned out awesome!
Old 02-02-2023, 02:30 PM

I miss Catching up with this group too. I just found out that I have another Neice that is having a girl. My flower blocks have come in handy for baby quilts. I'm doing QAYG as well, its faster.
I am ready for the next swap, I am shopping my stash this time as I need to use up what I have. I already have it cut up and folded ready to be packaged. I am making Christmas quilts again, this time I will be making one to give away at the family Christmas party this holiday. It will be a surprise gift for one lucky person.

Old 02-02-2023, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I would love (in a perfect world!) to have my last three unquilted Boom quilts all done before the next Boom rolls around.
What a beautiful quilt top and a wonderful secondary design of the circle with the pumpkin colors in the center. That took some thought and tricky planning, but it is gorgeous. I second that emotion.....I was undisciplined and also almost finished a housewarming quilt, LOL. Hugs all!
Old 02-02-2023, 10:42 PM
Power Poster

LOL! By 'undiciplined' I meant I was supposed to be working on other things, and instead, with zero self-control, I jumped right into the quilt I wanted to make instead. Be free, Quilters!

The Alaska quilts are a design wonder. Just to show how much can be done with a big hexagon! Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts designed them and she has several out, done in different colorways and placements. They can look totally different from each other. I loved the soft greens in this one. Two of my friends are doing the original Alaska in beautiful batiks. Hard to go wrong with that pattern.

Hi Lstew! Great idea for the Christmas quilt to be given away at your family Christmas party. Won't someone be thrilled! Your last Christmas quilt was awesome. People really knocked themselves out on those blocks.

Janice, hope the babysitting was fun. We are supposed to go to see our GKs tomorrow, for the weekend. The bad weather may change our plans, tho. Memphis was pretty hard hit with ice and snow flurries this week. But I miss my little ones and long to see their beautiful faces! We'll see what hubby thinks we should do tomorrow.

Terri, are you in Texas and have you had a bad ice storm? We heard it was bad in Texas. Hoping you and your place are ok.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:11 AM

I hope everyone is having a great new year. I was blessed with my 2nd great granddaughter in one year....yup Irish twins I believe they call it. Not a planned thing but an amazing blessing for Nana. Hope all is getting a lot of sewing done. We are having very very cold temps right now in NH I will be in my sewing room for sure.
Thank you sewbiz fo holding a great swap and I hope I get to do the next one.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:10 AM

Sewbiz we are still in Texas and it is unseasonably cold here but the ice mess is at least 4 hours north of us

Marcialee congratulations on another great granddaughter and Janice enjoy your time with your grands