Boom 28 Holly

Old 03-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

Yay, Terri! Congrats to your family! Have they set a date? And how is your other daughter doing with her retina surgery?
Old 03-05-2023, 07:04 AM

Terriamn, wonderful news! Best wishes to the happy couple for a long and happy life together!
Old 03-05-2023, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Well, it's March... anybody ready for the next Boom (29)? I'll probably open sign-ups starting around the middle of the month.

Anybody got a Boom 28 quilt put together? Don't forget to post here and I'll put them in the Boom 28 album.
SBG, is there any info on how to go about this? Sounds like fun!
Old 03-05-2023, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
SBG, is there any info on how to go about this? Sounds like fun!
Susie, to understand the Boom swap, I'd suggest reading an older Boom thread, like this one, from the beginning on. Basically, we sign up for either a 2 month group or a 3 month group, and then send a F8th for each member of the group. (We usually end up sending 19.) Those, plus one more we make ourselves, gives us a nice 20 blocks to make a quilt with. Or two smaller quilts. Everyone in the group gets a F8th from everyone else, and the fun begins! You make a 12.5" blocks of your choosing out of each F8 plus some fabric from your stash. When you are done you send them back in to the hostess (me) and she sorts them and then sends them back to their respective owners.

It's really so much fun to make just one special block out of each F8 piece you get. You might love this, so I encourage you to give it a try. Signups will show up in about a week, but I'll try to remember to contact you if I don't see you in that thread.

I have been using the ImgBB picture hosting site for the Boom swaps. You can link to it from my sig line. Then click on "albums" at the top right of the page. Then you can open the individual albums that show the blocks that were made for each person. There's also an album for pics of finished Boom quilts.
Old 03-05-2023, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I have some wonderful news to share, my oldest granddaughter went on vacation with her boyfriend to Hawaii and he is no longer her boyfriend but he is now her fiancé. We are so happy for them.
Woohoo! Happiness and joy to all of you with your expanding family!
Old 03-06-2023, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the info, Biz. It does sound like fun. I will do some reading!
Old 03-06-2023, 06:28 AM

Thank you everyone it’s nice to share good news for a change.

Kelly is still miserable, have you ever tried sleeping with your head down with your face in a cradle. She hasn’t had mode then a few hours of sleep at night. But she is following doctors orders. I am proud of her. We go to the doctor this Thursday and hoping for a good report. If all goes well I am hoping to make the long drive back to our Texas home on Sunday
Old 03-06-2023, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

Terri, yes sleeping that way sounds horrible. It's one of the most uncomfortable surgeries to recover from. (But worth it!!) Hope they upgrade her soon.
Old 03-06-2023, 01:26 PM

Terriamn, it sounds like your daughter is going through something awful. I hope she gets better soon! She is trying really hard to follow doctor orders. Good for her! Best thoughts for all of you.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:21 PM

Terriamn hope all is going well with new babies and your daughter. I wish I could make her better for you.

Unfortunately I’m probably not going to be able to do the next boom. I’m working on my UFO’s and making slow progress, making clothes, which I’m loving, and I’m dealing with shoulder problems and there’s a small possibility I may require surgery. I’ll found out in two weeks whether I need surgery so cross your fingers.

I’ve had to give up my 4 x a week tennis and teaching fall prevention classes until shoulder gets better. I’m learning left handed pickleball and step class. Step class choreography is hard!

Will be lurking.