Boom 28 Holly

Old 09-22-2022, 12:52 PM

Just got home and my package with 19 perfect fabrics were inside. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2022, 01:04 PM

My package made it to NH - but patiently waiting. Library books came in - one I had ordered and two she thought I might like since one wasn't in any of the librarys!! '
My husky/german shephard/ collie mutt learned about skunks last night. Since DH was supposed to be watching = he got to do the first bath!! Today I went to store and got the peroxide and backing soda and the dawn. - made a paste of the dawn and soda - attempted to get into her multi coats - then doused her with peroxide. let her run around and washed her off (thankfully sun came out for an hour!) Her snout still a bit stinky but oh so much better. My last dog had had her nose up the skunks - well she retained the stink for months!
That was my day! Just put the birds back in their cages, finished up dinner, and will relax and look at the pattern books!
Oh and Terri - loved your set up - congratulations on the fire.
Old 09-22-2022, 01:19 PM

I received my package today as well, I counted the contents and everything is in order. I even took a moment to look over all of your fabrics and notes, I can't wait to get started. Thank you SBG for all of your work!

Janice hope you had a great day with Charlie, I'll bet she keeps you running.

Terri happy to see you enjoyed your new adventure. I really get wanting to have some quiet time alone. Maybe some day I would like to book myself into a 5 star hotel for my get away time.

Old 09-22-2022, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

Glad the packages are starting to come in. Have fun matching blocks to the fabric. I've been making some Pumpkin blocks today.

Old 09-22-2022, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
My package made it to NH - but patiently waiting. Library books came in - one I had ordered and two she thought I might like since one wasn't in any of the librarys!! '
My husky/german shephard/ collie mutt learned about skunks last night. Since DH was supposed to be watching = he got to do the first bath!! Today I went to store and got the peroxide and backing soda and the dawn. - made a paste of the dawn and soda - attempted to get into her multi coats - then doused her with peroxide. let her run around and washed her off (thankfully sun came out for an hour!) Her snout still a bit stinky but oh so much better. My last dog had had her nose up the skunks - well she retained the stink for months!
That was my day! Just put the birds back in their cages, finished up dinner, and will relax and look at the pattern books!
Oh and Terri - loved your set up - congratulations on the fire.
Travelinggamma, I have been in your shoes before with my German Shepard. She found a skunk and before I knew it she ran in the house. The smell was with us for days.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Glad the packages are starting to come in. Have fun matching blocks to the fabric. I've been making some Pumpkin blocks today.
My package arrived today with 19 wonderful packages of fabric. I am going to sit down and read all the notes then start matching to my stash.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:01 PM

Two days to CA too! I think this might be the best group of fabrics I’ve received. I even liked the floral fabrics, which are usually my nemesis. Halloween is my favorite holiday so I was glad to see I got two of those! Terriamn you will get a Kokopelli similar to what I made last boom but perhaps with a cactus added into the scene.

The ideas are just bubbling over for me

My blackbird fabric is going to be kind of sedate in comparison. Unusual for me. Remember my first boom when I sent you Day of the Dead dancing skeletons fabric? OOOH the comments were fabulous.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:18 PM

My package arrived also! All 19 fabrics were there

Last edited by terriamn; 09-22-2022 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Well, my faith in the postal system is being restored!
Old 09-22-2022, 04:47 PM

Mine did not arrive as trumpeted by the tracking number. Tomorrow is another day!
Old 09-22-2022, 10:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Sewbiz, just making sure you have me on the list and got my fabric!
Jayne, I'm sorry you were overlooked! I hope that you saw in a later post that all were received. Sorry for worrying you.