Boom 28 Holly

Old 09-21-2022, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

At least you tried it, Terri. Now you know what you want to do for the next time. Like, bring a big loud dog. LOL. They make pretty good bodyguards!
Old 09-21-2022, 09:29 AM

Ha Ha Sewbiz I definitely wished we had a dog to bring along, my grand dogs live to far away. None of our friends out here have dogs anymore.
Old 09-21-2022, 12:15 PM

Lstew and Sewbiz -- lovely blocks! I am ready to devote some hours to holding fabric and pondering the possibilities.
Old 09-21-2022, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
At least you tried it, Terri. Now you know what you want to do for the next time. Like, bring a big loud dog. LOL. They make pretty good bodyguards!
Great idea!

Terriamn, Were you lonely or just content being out in nature without having to entertain anyone? Did you use your phone or did you totally break with civilization? Any other campers nearby? Did you get all your papers removed and burned to a crisp in your fire?
Old 09-21-2022, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Here's my first block for Holly. My Donald Duck fabric is directional!
Love the Donald duck fabric. so cute, great block

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Lstew great Dino block, Colors go perfect together

Sewbiz love your block. Fabric is so fun

Enjoyed my day and night of solo camping. Next time I would go for several days, lots to pack and unpack for 1 day. Had a lovely time, even managed to get a nice fire going. Was spooked a couple of times when I heard weird noises while sitting by the fire but slept well and back at home.
Glad you got home safe and had a great time.
Old 09-21-2022, 04:26 PM

Wish I could say no devices went with me but they did. I played Suduko, solitaire and jigsaw on my IPad. The internet was sketchy and that left me feeling a bit apprehensive. Campground had 48 spots and 10 were filled. I was the only one that wasn’t pulling a camper and was a bit removed from the others. Never thought about bringing papers to burn. I was perfectly content being by myself and excited that I managed to set everything up. Only real problem was the heat. We had a cold wave rolling in but it arrived much later then forecasted. Next time I will bring a fan with me.

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Great idea!

Terriamn, Were you lonely or just content being out in nature without having to entertain anyone? Did you use your phone or did you totally break with civilization? Any other campers nearby? Did you get all your papers removed and burned to a crisp in your fire?
Old 09-22-2022, 03:25 AM

Terriamn, sounds like you got your adventure! Was it comfortable sleeping in the car? Too bad about it being so warm. I wouldn’t mind going camping with DH but I don’t think I’m as adventurous as you to go it solo.

“Our” bear is back. He or she has wreaked havoc on the next door neighbor’s bird feeders and patio furniture and we found bear scat in our yard. Wish I could feed the birds but it’s just a bad idea to lure it in.

Today we’re watching Charlie. Wonder what mischief she’ll be up to today. Lol.

My F8s are supposed to be delivered today. Woo hoo!

Have a great day, Holly.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:40 AM

Janice have a wonderful time with Charlie.

I was very pleasantly surprised how comfortable sleeping in the reclining seat was. Had a pillow on each side of me as well as one for my head.

going to try and fix a rip in one of our friend’s boat canopy. Told her it wouldn’t look pretty and recommended a professional take care of it but she didn’t take my suggestion
Old 09-22-2022, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Yay, I hope some packages arrive today! I know that they get to Georgia recipients in just two day, usually.

When I took the load of packages to the post office, the worker insisted in putting them all in a post office bin, which was smaller than the huge laundry basket I used to bring them there. She kept piling the slippery bags higher and higher and when she moved them, some fell on the floor. I was thinking, "oh please don't lose any of those... they need to get where they are going, pronto!" I'll be relieved when every last one is received!

Old 09-22-2022, 11:33 AM

I just got the mail and my package was there! I'm surprised that I got it so quickly. I'm so excited! I haven't even had a chance to open it yet. We are starting to get some fall weather here. For the next 10 days, the temps are going to be in the high 50's and low 60's. A good time to start sewing!