Boom 28 Holly

Old 10-09-2022, 03:40 PM

Wowza! These blocks are gorgeous! I am itching to get started on mine for you all. I have purchased a Babylock Joy to replace my still failing Singer. I haven't taken it out of the box yet. I wanted a low end mechanical machine with feed dogs that dropped. How is that for basic needs? I have fabrics for most everyone now so the only thing stopping me is me and all my other obligations. I'm getting close. I've been picking patterns and am very excited to add my blocks to the mixture. Looking good everyone!

Travelinggramma -- I am glad you are able to help out some folks from Florida. What an awful thing to happen to everyone.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:55 PM

An elephant block for Bibliostone.
Attached Thumbnails img_0089.jpg  
Old 10-10-2022, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
That is so cute!!
Old 10-10-2022, 01:56 PM

Thanks LogCabin. Once again the colors look way off in the photo, grrrr.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:51 PM

Great block for me Marcia and I love the elephant block Cheese.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:51 PM

Darling elephant, Cheesehead. 😀
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Old 10-10-2022, 08:02 PM
Power Poster

Trying to get caught up with your pretty pictures.... Janice, I love my geese block! Very striking. Love all the others too, esp. the elephant. I'll have to draw that one out for future reference.

We are in Hamilton MO (hubby and I), working our way home to Memphis then Mississippi. Tomorrow we attack the MSQC fabric stores! Hubby is so great to want me to come here and see everything. He is so patient too.

Earlier today we stopped in Pella, IA, the cute old Dutch town. They had a quilt shop and several Dutch bakeries, and windmills! What an adventure we are on.... makes me want to get a camper and travel all the time.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:00 AM

I believe it is Terriamn that is renting her trailer . I can not imagine what it must be like there with all the devastation.

Travelinggramma -- I am glad you are able to help out some folks from Florida. What an awful thing to happen to everyone.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2022, 05:09 AM

Hello Holly swappers. I have spent the last 3o minutes catching up on all the posts. The house has been crazy busy with son and his coworker here fixing up the house and vehicles - very noisy! They left to go back to Florida to complete work they left before hurricane (fortunately there was no further damage) so now I get to do the fall cleaning and winter preps. Cooking and freezing alls sorts of winter squash we all love so much.
Have4boys i love your use of the gold in my two blocks - especially the gold star - and your chemistry block brings more thoughts for what I want to make
janice - your blocks are so varying and beautiful. Your blues and gold center looks perfect. thank you.
I did venture to a fabric shop about an hour away. they don't carry the new stuff but had a few blenders i needed. they also have a box of scraps that is so cool to go through.
More soon - and hopefully I will be able to have more time to be online.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:23 AM

Here’s my first block for MJP, a Martha Washington star. (I have a second f8 of yours.). And then I’ve got one for Klaws. I used solid white. I hope you both like them.

Have a lovely day, Holly.
Attached Thumbnails 85ead8be-862d-4095-9a2e-cf509d36adbb.jpeg   313efd98-039d-4d42-8215-177ec63af23b.jpeg