Boom 28 Holly

Old 12-05-2022, 09:24 AM

Sitting in my recliner trying not to move, enjoyed a cup of coffee and looking at all the pictures in the Sewbiz’s albums. Such wonderful blocks. Great job by all
Old 12-05-2022, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

I agree! We have had such great blocks this Boom. It's amazing how many they are, when you look at them all together. 437 and counting!

Just a reminder to everyone, on time. It's Dec. 5 and time to start thinking about finishing up the Boom blocks. I know the due date is weeks away, but the erratic delivery by the postal service makes me think it would be safer to get the block packages mailed sooner, rather than later. I have all packages in except for 6. A good mail-by date would be Dec. 21-22. So before you get too busy with Christmas, plan some time to finish up the Boom! Due date is Dec. 30.

Anyone needing help, please let me know.
Old 12-05-2022, 11:31 AM

My Boom blocks were mailed this morning. I really enjoyed being back in the swap and hope there will be another swap sometime in 2023. I was even deciding on fabric I could use!

Cheese
Old 12-05-2022, 02:08 PM

I am making my blocks with gusto! Such joy! So many scraps everywhere! If I could find what I did with my cord to my phone, I will start posting pictures to add to the album. The car goes to the shot tomorrow and final exams are happening. I love having time to sew!
Old 12-05-2022, 02:17 PM

Can’t wait to see your pix!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I am making my blocks with gusto! Such joy! So many scraps everywhere! If I could find what I did with my cord to my phone, I will start posting pictures to add to the album. The car goes to the shot tomorrow and final exams are happening. I love having time to sew!
Old 12-05-2022, 02:46 PM

I don't know as I have checked in for a while, love the blocks being posted. I mailed my blocks when I mailed my pumpkin blocks and am excited to get my pumpkin blocks this week. I got some UFOs out and am working on appliques for my last boomerang, hoping to finish that in the next 8 weeks or so through the holidays. Loving the album too, thanks Sewbiz!
Old 12-05-2022, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Cheese, we will be doing another Boom in 2023. I was thinking about offering it in March or April. Then possibly one more later in 2023, if there is enough interest. I've noticed it's hard to get people to join if we do this too often. Two a year is just about right.

Will be watching for your blocks to arrive.

Ibex, so glad you are sewing with gusto! It's the only way to sew. Hope you find your cord soon so we can see your pictures.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:58 PM

I worked on three more tonight

JaniceMcC

Sewbizgirl

Logcabin82
Old 12-06-2022, 08:33 AM

I had better start looking at my fabric right away to take with back to Texas, we probably won’t be back to Minnesota till some time in April. Need to be prepared for next boom

Ltsew lovely blocks, you are on a roll
Old 12-06-2022, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

I love my block, Lstew! Thank you. All three are pretty. It's still such a thrill to see blocks pop up in our thread.