Boom 28 Holly

Old 12-15-2022, 01:12 PM

Ibex, great blocks. I like the space one! That is going to be a fun quilt!
Old 12-15-2022, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Got Lstew's package today, so here's where we are:

Janice McC received
Terriamn received
Sewbiz received
Bibliostone
Hav4boys received
MJPEncinitas received
RebaQuilts received
Ibex
Travelinggramma received
Marcialee received
Petthefabric received
Lstew2212 received
Cheesehead received
LogCabin received
Klaws
JayneW received
Old 12-15-2022, 05:03 PM

Jayne congrats on the engagement.

Terri, glad the daughter is well.

Janice I use the same stitch length with the walking foot since most of the time I am joining the rows at the same time as I am quilting. I don't always use the walking foot when binding though I really haven't seen much of a difference w/ or w/o.
Old 12-16-2022, 06:27 AM

Sewbiz we have had 3 days of snow, looks beautiful but driving isn’t so great of course. I was standing outside my car under a large tree that dropped a load of snow straight down the front of my jacket inside my blouse. Wow that was a cold and wet surprise

Ibex thank you for my great block

Bonnie did I give you my Texas address for the return package?
Old 12-18-2022, 04:16 AM

Good morning, Holly. Hope you all are warm and comfortable. It’s getting cold here, 25 right now. We’re expecting single digits by Christmas but thankfully no snow. I finished binding my lap sized Scrappy Trips quilt. It was from a block swap on the QB years back, maybe 2017? I spent a couple of hours stitching down the back yesterday; so relaxing. Kassandra, I definitely found the walking foot for the binding easier and the result was really smooth. Now I’m debating which ufo is next. There are at least a dozen. Oh, dear. Have a lovely rest of your weekend.

Old 12-18-2022, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

Terri, a snow dump down your blouse doesn't sound good! I definitely need your Texas address, if that's where you want your blocks sent. I only have MN.

Janice, it's gone below freezing here too. Had a nice fire going last night.

Hope everyone is ready for Christmas. I didn't realize how close it was, only a week away! Too late for mail ordering so yesterday I actually went shopping... on a Saturday! It was a complete zoo everywhere. Too many cars, too many people. But I got the booty and headed home. I think I'm finished now except for a very important mail order that is stuck in the Jackson processing center.

What's everyone doing for Christmas?
Old 12-18-2022, 07:29 AM

We have several feet of snow here and today the sun is shining and no wind. Starting tomorrow we are going into the negative numbers and the wind will be howling .Brrrrr

I love to bake at Christmas time and our house has smelled so good the last few weeks

Our family has always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve. This year the Minnesota Vikings play in the afternoon on Christmas Eve and I didn’t want that kind of drama during our celebration. Consequently we will celebrate Christmas on Christmas. Three of the 4 kids will be here and 4 of the 5 grandkids. It will be loud and chaotic but so enjoyable

Sewbiz I will send you my Texas address after church. We hope to leave for Texas on the 28th.

Old 12-18-2022, 09:45 AM

Christmas Day will be spent with our eldest son and his family in Asheville. We’ll go over in the morning for opening gifts and probably stay until early afternoon when it’s nap time for Charlie. On the 23rd, we’re going to have an early joint party for Charlie’s and my DDIL’s birthdays. They’re headed for warmer weather on the 26th and we’ll miss their actual birthdays so the party will be a nice way to celebrate both. We’re looking forward to both days.
Old 12-18-2022, 10:35 AM

I loved hearing about all your Christmas plans as we are much more low key, and I can live vicariously through you folks. Although our holiday is about as stress free as you can get.

Well call me the Grinch but we do very little for Christmas. We stopped exchanging gifts years ago. Most of our family will arrive on the 29th from all over the US>. The first time I decorated for the kids but my daughter told me not necessary. The kids are Christmased out by the time they get here. Their plane tickets from Omaha are our gift to the family of 6. My husband does put up our giant peace sign outside as its a neighborhood christmas icon going on 30 years.

My Colorado son, who came home Friday, made some cookies last night. I’ll bake with my granddaughter. Bicycle with my grandson, do a scavenger hunt with both older kids and just enjoy the 16 month old twins. We always do beach visits. Everyone helps. The men (husband San Fran son and son in law) in the family are great cooks and usually take care of the dinners, although I’ll make a lasagna and put it in the freezer for an easy meal. I’m sure we’ll be playing board games; scrabble, ticket to ride, and apples to apples, maybe code words.

We will have 10 people in the house. We have a good chance of getting through this without getting sick. I told everyone don’t show up without flu shots and latest boosters. The twins were in the hospital with RSV in November and then got a mild covid case two weeks later. I hope they are now bulletproof against stuff they pick up on the plane as they are still somewhat high risk.

On Christmas John and I are planning to bicycle along the beach as we figure roads will be empty.. It’s a good way to remind us to give thanks on how blessed we’ve been this year.

Right now I am doing a 10 day blitz to declutter and organize my sewing room. The older kids sleep in this room, so I thought it would be a good time to do it.

Here are some quilt magazines and books I’m giving away. If you would like these I’d be happy to mail them to you after Christmas. Just PM me with your address. I’m putting together one box for all of them.

Happy Christmas, Hanukkah, and Solstice. They are all in the same week this year!
Attached Thumbnails c14d9bfe-554f-4f5a-9a38-3ccae9fb48d4.jpeg  

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 12-18-2022 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2022, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

Lots of great plans! MJP I'll pass on the magazines, as I have too many myself!

We will be going to Memphis sometime this week. I packed up the gifts and they are so voluminous they will fill most of the back of my Rav4. Then I have to fit in all the food I will cook, the dog and his stuff, our suitcases, and anything else we think of last minute. But it will be so much fun to have all 3 kids and their families with us. Oldest son is driving his family down from Iowa. Daughter and younger son both live in Memphis. We drive 3.5- 4 hours to get there from Mississippi. I'm very excited to see everyone, and especially to see the little cousins all playing together. The girls are 3 and haven't seen each other in about 2 years. I wonder if they will even remember each other. Doesn't matter... they will love each other!