Boom 28 Holly

Old 12-13-2022, 05:11 PM

I love a walking foot. I got one for my featherweight and my old Bernini Record. I can’t FMQ but I can walk straight lines!! And bindings are a sinch.
thank you klaws for my block.
I did find perfect sashing material the other day.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:31 AM

LStew, thank you for my blocks. They are wonderful.
Old 12-14-2022, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Oh my I had quite a fright this morning. Had text from my oldest dd saying the power was out and tornado sirens had been going off for 15 minutes. Then no contact for a couple of hours. My mind went back to when she was in an earthquake in California and the scare of her wandering the streets till she found a shelter for the misplaced but we were able to stay in contact via cell phone. One of her friends finally contacted us and said she was ok and that the internet in her area was out.
So glad your daughter is okay and safe.
Old 12-14-2022, 04:19 PM

Lots of beautiful blocks posted since I've been grading. Great job! And Jayne -- Wedding in Wyoming! Awesome and exciting!! I am glad everyone is okay in this storm running through the country. Crazy weather!

I apologize for my pictures. My camera phone is useless and my Point and Shoot is making me take pictures blind (no view so I'm watching for where the light hits the square hoping for a clean shot). The blocks do have points on the edges despite the cropping I did on the photos.

For your viewing pleasure: Folk in Space for Rebaquilts, Hunter's Star for Hav4boys, Marcialee, and MJPEncintas, and a Snail Trail for Terriamn. The Snail Trail is a first for me and finding fabric with prints that work for a southwestern block was interesting but no solids! The Folk in Space was my attempt at an adaption of a folk square I saw in a magazine and fortunately incorporated a little of the unexpected alignments lending it a modern air. At least that's my thought.... Hunter's Star is a favorite of mine and I already warned everyone that they were coming. I hope you all like them as much as I have loved making them! More coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails folk-space-rebaquilts.jpg   hunters-star-hav4boys.jpg   hunters-star-marcialee.jpg   hunters-star-mjpencintas.jpg   snail-trail-terriamn.jpg  

Old 12-14-2022, 05:33 PM

I love my hunters star ibex! This quilt is going to be so beautiful
Old 12-14-2022, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Fantastic blocks, Ibex! Love every one of those.
Old 12-14-2022, 06:17 PM

Ibex, those are wonderful blocks. Great job
Old 12-14-2022, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

The swap is going great! Almost all the blocks are in. If you still have blocks, please mail them more than a week before the due date (Dec. 30). The mail is totally swamped and everything is going to take longer due to all the Christmas online shopping. So get 'em done and move 'em out!

We have had hard, constant rain for nearly 24 hours now. My poor dog Marty is terrified of storms and this one's been noisy! Hope the weather is better where you are.
Old 12-15-2022, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

It seems all mail coming and going to/from my area is at a stall. It gets to the distribution center in Jackson and then... nothing. No progress. Seems they should have hired on some extra hands for Christmas. But I have a feeling this will resolve in about a week, right at Christmas. We should still have time to swap before the 30th. If you are watching tracking info in frustration (like I have been!) just hang in there. Everything should get moving again soon.

FA LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA.....
Old 12-15-2022, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
The Folk in Space was my attempt at an adaption of a folk square I saw in a magazine and fortunately incorporated a little of the unexpected alignments lending it a modern air. At least that's my thought....I hope you all like them as much as I have loved making them!
Yes I love this one, and I love the colors you used. Looks great! Hugs!