Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 09-20-2023, 10:29 AM

I made the same block for WMUTeach as cheesehead did but with a color variation. I always check the gallery before starting a block but it’s no guarantee the one you want to make isn’t in someone else’s plan at the same time. Lol.
Originally Posted by SusieQOH
Janice, we made almost the identical block for Terri! I just looked at it and the only difference is you used some orange in the star blades and I made all of mine yellow! LOL I hope it's okay. I didn't know until this morning when I checked the blocks.
Old 09-20-2023, 10:49 AM
Power Poster

This is called Golden Gate for Travelinggramma- I hope you like it.
I'm a diehard Yankees fan but they're having their worst year since the 1990's!!!
Attached Thumbnails img_7629.jpg  
Old 09-20-2023, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH
This is called Golden Gate for Travelinggramma- I hope you like it.
I'm a diehard Yankees fan but they're having their worst year since the 1990's!!!
you all amaze me how you are keeping those balls in a row. I can’t wait to see her face and find out how you all made blocks! Thank you
Old 09-20-2023, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

I am precutting my blocks. It will take some time before I sew them together and posting is a whole other thing. Just hoping there is no overlap, sofar so good.
Old 09-20-2023, 12:10 PM

Susie that kitty block is fantastic, and using the cat's cradle block is brilliant! Thank you!

Cheese
Old 09-20-2023, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Lstew2212, I have a Maple Star for you. Hope you like it! Sorry the pic is crooked and the lighting isn’t the best. The background is not yellow. It’s a gold.

Glad you like it, TG!

That’s it for me tonight. One more is on the design wall. I hope to get it stitched up tomorrow.
Janice, the block is fantastic, I love it. Maple reminds me of fall. Thank you.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:00 PM

The block I made for All2pieces is called breezy bunting from the block a day book. The flags should be laying up and down like a bunting. But I saw flags too and turned it where the flags look like they were blowing on an ocean breeze. Glad you all liked it. I was looking for a block that would fit into the sailing theme.
Old 09-20-2023, 05:31 PM

Here is a block for Hav4boys. Hope you like it. Really pretty batiks you have!

Old 09-21-2023, 02:31 AM

Just checking in.... I've not been in my sewing room for nearly two weeks. Waaaah! I am setting aside Friday, and part of Saturday and Sunday for sewing. All of my best intents this week, and way too much time, have gotten eaten up by the two classes I am teaching. I have been popping in and checking out everyone's productivity and creativity and as so often said, 'It's amazing". Even duplicate patterns don't look the same because of the fabrics being used and fabric placement. Well, you all knew that. Everyone should will see some blocks from me this weekend.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:18 AM

I just went through the gallery and there are great quilts coming together. I also realized I had missed posting a few.
Lstew - My colors really do match the dots!!
WMU - I had so many calicos but chose the redish and blue. Hope it goes with the other blocks being made.
Cheese head - what can I say - I saw this black and white kitty and she hoped on the block. Hope it makes you smile.

I won't be sewing for a few weeks. 10 days on Long Island, 5 days of doctors back in NH and then 5 days in MD. Then I will be able to focus on finishing! I am loving the process of each fabric and block.
Attached Thumbnails lstew2212.jpg   wmuteach1.jpg   cheese.jpg