Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 10-01-2023, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

Love the she who sews block, Terri, and congrats on finishing!

Marathon runners are pretty headstrong. How else would they have been able to train and get ready for the marathon? It would have been better if they just let the race go on, IMHO. Hope no one gets hurt.

Glad you all like the Maui quilts. If anyone has any to donate, they can be sent to

Maui Quilt Shop
18 Central Ave.
Wailuku HI 96793
Old 10-01-2023, 10:45 AM

Here is a block for Duckling.

Old 10-01-2023, 03:03 PM

So many clever blocks this weekend. I really like the use of the fabric by Terri. That one has been stumping me. And LogCabin82, your block is such a clever use of the candy cane fabric. The past few days it has been like going to a mini-quilt show.
Old 10-01-2023, 03:34 PM

Beautiful blocks once again ladies. I love logging in and seeing the new ones posted.

Sewbiz, your quilts are wonderful. those quilts will be special to the recipients.

I got a baby shower invite today, so I need to make a quilt for a new baby boy. The dinosaur blocks from Boom 29 will be perfect. Thank you ladies.
Old 10-01-2023, 08:01 PM

Sewbiz most people including me agree with you that they should have allowed the race to continue. Most runners were making their practice runs in the heat and humidity. What state hasn’t been hot and humid this summer and the elite runners from Kenya and other African countries who participate in the race also come from hot countries. We were with friends all evening and haven’t heard if there were any injuries to those who ran the race even though it was cancelled.

Log cabin great block for Ducking!

Ltsew can’t wait to see your finished dinosaur quilt. I enjoy making baby quilts. Have fun
Old 10-02-2023, 11:38 AM
Power Poster

Pretty block for duckling, LC!

I'd love to see your finished dinosaur quilt too, Lstew, when you get it done. Isn't it nice to have some big blocks at the ready when a need for a quilt arises?
Old 10-02-2023, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

For those that I did not make your blocks yet, they are coming along camping up on the Pacific Coast right by the beach. My sewing machine is packed and most of the cutting is done so all I need to do is sit and sew, We will see how realistic I was in bringing them. There are 4 doggies packed in our little motor home too. I am not sure how much quilting they will let me get to. Some ocean breeze will do me good. It always centers me and clears my mind. We might look for some beach glass too. One of my favorite things to do.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:50 PM

Anna how wonderful you are camped by the ocean, only lakes here but love going to the ocean when we are in Texas or for vacations. Enjoy your “ peace” time
Old 10-03-2023, 12:58 PM

We are back in NH. And couldn't wait to sew. I finished Reba's sewing block that I had started before I left. I am including some sew on items you can put on if you want.
Than went into my batiks which I love and played with both of Hav4boys. Block is similar but I loved using your fabric with them.
Having Indian Summer weather - mid 80s and sunny today and into Thursday when it will change. Sat outside with the dogs, took a walk to the library, and sewed!
Attached Thumbnails rebaquilts.jpg   hav4b.jpg   havbatik.jpg  
Old 10-03-2023, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

Love your blocks, TG.

They tell us our weather is going to change by the end of the week too-- getting cooler! I can hardly wait.