Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 10-20-2023, 03:28 AM

Whoa! Put the cell phone down for a few hours yesterday and I wake up to a beautiful array of blocks and lots of chatter! The blocks are all gorgeous. The Santa Bear blocks are fabulous. Gotta love a gnome!

SBG, happy to hear the meds have kicked in and you are already improving. Happy news. Sounds like a score at the quilt shop. It’s sad another one is closing though. TG, fabulous news about DH being cancer free. Here’s to many, many more years together.

I tested negative for Covid and I feel fine. I’ll stick close to home for a few days, just in case, and retest on Sunday. I think I got lucky!

Have a pleasant weekend. I’m going to be pp’ing. What are you all up to?
Old 10-20-2023, 04:48 AM

Beautiful blocks posted! They are all wonderful

I had my gallbladder removed about 5 years ago. I went into surgery in agonizing pain. Felt wonderful afterwards,
Old 10-20-2023, 05:27 AM
Power Poster

Travelingg- wonderful news about your husband!!
Love all the blocks. Such creative peeps!
Old 10-20-2023, 08:10 AM

Hi ladies. I was wondering if I could get your honest opinion on the sashing for these boom blocks. I’m not sure about them and was wondering your thoughts or if you have another color for the sashing that you think would work.

Old 10-20-2023, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
Hi ladies. I was wondering if I could get your honest opinion on the sashing for these boom blocks. I’m not sure about them and was wondering your thoughts or if you have another color for the sashing that you think would work.
Hi there, have you tried to put some colors on the design wall? What were your thoughts initially when you look at them? Have you thought either dark like almost black or almost white? Are you going to put a border on? Hugs!
Old 10-20-2023, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

TG, so happy for your husband's great report! The two of you need to do something special to celebrate.

LogCabin, your blocks look great together! I like the sashing you have... kind of a medium of all the tones in the blocks. But if you want to see other choices before you decide, I agree with what Reba suggested, of 'auditioning' some other colors with the blocks to see how you feel about them. What a pretty quilt it will be.
Old 10-20-2023, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Hi there, have you tried to put some colors on the design wall? What were your thoughts initially when you look at them? Have you thought either dark like almost black or almost white? Are you going to put a border on? Hugs!
When I sewed the sashing on, my first thought was that it looked “muddy.” I don’t think white is in any of the blocks so I’m not sure about white and black I thought might make it too dark. I do have a fish print I was thinking of trying because it goes with some of the blocks. I also have jelly fish fabric too I’m going to try.
Old 10-20-2023, 09:52 AM

I’m finally getting my snowman quilt pinned together today!

Old 10-20-2023, 06:10 PM

Love those snowmen! What a pretty quilt! Here are a few more from tonight. I only have a few left now. Another frog for LogCabin, a batik for Hav4boys, a purple mandala center for SusieQOH and one she who sews (I got 3 of my own). Happy Friday!
Attached Thumbnails img_6628.jpeg   img_6630.jpeg   img_6629.jpeg   img_6631.jpeg  
Old 10-20-2023, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Love those snowmen! What a pretty quilt! Here are a few more from tonight. I only have a few left now. Another frog for LogCabin, a batik for Hav4boys, a purple mandala center for SusieQOH and one she who sews (I got 3 of my own). Happy Friday!
Thank you for the froggy block! I love the frog in the middle! I need to do Yoga like him!