Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108)

Blog Entries
    You and me both,,yahoooooo

Quote Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    Received a F8 in the mail today from quiltlin. Will have to think about this one for a while. Probably wake up in the middle of the night with a thought. Not quite sure what that thought might be. LOL. I love this. I will have to do the next one too.

Sent finished blocks to their homes today to Carsey, Janecat, Maine Ladybug, an Pattis47. Enjoy ladies.
    My name is on the list!! Can't wait to see what I get!

Quote Originally Posted by pattis47
    I'm thinking, the ants go marchin one by one....... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    Received a F8 in the mail today from quiltlin. Will have to think about this one for a while. Probably wake up in the middle of the night with a thought. Not quite sure what that thought might be. LOL. I love this. I will have to do the next one too.

Sent finished blocks to their homes today to Carsey, Janecat, Maine Ladybug, an Pattis47. Enjoy ladies.
    I also received an F8 from quiltlin today and I was thinking the exact same thing!

Blog Entries
    I received a F8 from quiltlin today! Oh wow, do I have some ideas. :) I can't wait to play with the fabric.

I'm pretty sure that we'll be snowed in tomorrow, so I plan on working on blocks for ya'll tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    ok, turning my back to computer to work on blocks in progress. Praying for 2-3 feet of snow so I can be snowed in and dont have to go to work so I can complete my:
    Row Robin Row
    F8's Blocks {now working on 8 of them}
    Oriental Blocks {need to finish 8 moore of them} to ship to Deb
    THey are just the top 3 on my list.....lol

No mail again today due to the snow/ice. :( Hubby didn't go to work again. The roads are slushy now, but they'll be re-freezing soon. It's 32 degrees at the moment, and supposed to go down to 20. Whoops ... make that 18. They just revised the forecast!

Maybe I can sneak off and sew some more later. I still have two F8's here to work on. Then I'll be squishy-less! :shock:

Blog Entries
    I received just one F8 today, but boy was it a great looking one, it was from quiltlin. Going to think on this one for a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
    Dumb question...

Do we need to post a pic of the block before we mail or does the owner post when it arrives home?

Not a dumb question. At least you asked. I posted one and I wasn't supposed to. Our leader has said that if the person you made it for wants you to you can. Otherwise, don't post a picture.

shaysmema - i hope you're husband is doing better. just wanted to let you know that you're fabric arrived safely to houston today *hugs*

I received some squishies yesterday from;

Maine Ladybug
    pattis47
    Poker Diva
    quiltlin
    shaysmema

I mailed out the whole front page yesterday, from bookworn to Materialgirl. Ran out of fabric and have more coming ASAP.

I received one squishy today (well two if you count my returned one for QBee (at least it made it back to me!)). The F8 was from quiltlin!!
    Hurah! Hurah! The ants go marching.....
    :-)
    Oh no you may end up with squishy withdrawal moonrise :-( Nah there should be a swarm when your mail runs again...it's only temporary!!
    Hugs
    April

Glad my fabrics are arriving and glad that you're having fun thinking about them. Cannot wait to see what arrives home.

Super Member Chigger Holler Quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi, Ladies! I received only one squishie today from quiltin. I love Mary Englebright as well, quiltin. This should be a fun fabric to work withl O Happy Day....:)

I mailed blocks out to:
    Maine Ladybug
    OatW13
    Obsessed
    Pattis47
    PokerDiva
    Qbee
    Quiltin
    Rejenea
    Shaysmema
    Sweetness
    Twospoiledhuskies
    and Wendsy
    Hope they all find their way and you receive them soon! If you have questions please let me know!

Wow! Some of you are really on the ball sending all these blocks back already! Good job!

I received 2 more F8's from quiltin and fryguymoore/vivnme.

I have completed blocks heading back to obsessed. :)
    I hope you like them.

Hot off the sewing machine: oatw13's block and twospoiledhuskies' block! :thumbup:

They'll go out as soon as the mail is running again. :)

And now I'm squishy-less. Waah! :cry: :wink:

OK....I have gotten a bunch of squishies! Hopefully I will get my cutting finished and get them out by Thursday. Here is a list of the folks I have gotten F8s from:

Carsey
    DonnaDrum
    Fryguymoore
    Janecat
    Maine Ladybug
    Moonrise
    Oatw13
    pattis47
    PokerDiva
    quiltlin
    Shaysmema
    twospoiledhuskies

It's all beautiful!! I'm excited about this swap :D

Blog Entries
    April - I sent my F8 to you today. I'm unsure when the rest I need to send will go out because of the lovely weather here, but as soon as the roads are cleared they'll be mailed.

Blog Entries
    Just wanted you ladies to know I am lurking on this thread-LOL! I would love to participate but don't currently have the money to buy 6 yards of fabric for this challenge. I'm also a bit intimidated by the idea of doing so many blocks for others, and not being sure how they would like them. Can't wait to see all the great blocks you ladies will create!!

Good morning Besties!

JaneCat, your grown-up block will be starting it's trip home in the mail today!

Recieved squishies today from:
    Maine Ladybug
    Oatw13
    Today and tomorrow are dedicated to working on my 5F8's!

Well, the grown-up blocks are in the mailbox waiting to be picked up, but we haven't had mail service since Saturday. We're iced in. :?

Where the road "disappears" in the photo, it goes sharply downhill. It's the only road in/out of the subdivision. I bet we don't have mail service today, either. :cry:

(DH was out snapping photos of the road. He didn't purposely take one of the mailbox, but I noticed it while resizing the photos, and thought it would be fun to post! LOL!) :wink:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I mailed blocks to donna drum and oatw13 yesturday along with my f8

Very windy and snowy here today. Don't think I'll be going anywhere but to my sewing machine to work on blocks today!

Quote Originally Posted by pattis47
    ***** Just sew you know , the blocks you send back to me will be sewn into quilts for our American Soldiers in Afghanistan, . I am told it is very cold over there at night this time of year. If anyone has extra 12 1/12" blocks that they want to donate, just include them in the envelope. Please sign your blocks with your name and state if you donate so the soldiers will know where the blocks have traveled from. Thanks for your help
    Hi Patty - I wanted to do some blocks, but don't really have time to do the total needed for the group. I would like to try to make up a few blocks during this time to submit to you for the soldiers ... I'm wondering if that will be okay with you ... and I'm sure April won't mind at all ... I wanted to join in this swap, but have limited time, however I can make a few blocks (even if it's 2 a month) to donate. Please let me know what you think. I will use all my own material (as I have some and that's not a problem).

Hey not sure if you saw this reply earlier Patti, but let me know if you would like me to complete some blocks for you to use. If you give me colors, I'd be happy to match them as best as I can.

Thanks,

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by craftyone27
    Just wanted you ladies to know I am lurking on this thread-LOL! I would love to participate but don't currently have the money to buy 6 yards of fabric for this challenge. I'm also a bit intimidated by the idea of doing so many blocks for others, and not being sure how they would like them. Can't wait to see all the great blocks you ladies will create!!
    This swap is a little costly and postage adds about $35 to the cost. But that is spread out over four months so it doesn't seem as bad. Some people choose fabric from their stash. Remember you don't have to send everyone the same fabric. You could even send everyone a different fabric for a very scrappy quilt.

We are glad to have you hang out with us. I hope you can join in next time, this is such a fun swap.

Received a F8 from Quiltlin today, adding it to the stack I've been working on. Weather here and lack of transportation has given me the opportunity to work on the F8 I have here. I have managed to get quite a few done, they will be going out with all of my F8s on Tues of next week. So when you receive my F8 it might just be wrapped around your grown up block! Between the two swaps I have probably a dozen or so to work on. Staying in, staying warm and sewing...Have a great day everyone :thumbup:

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 ... LastLast