Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0  Sign-Ups  NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-) >

Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

Old 04-26-2011, 12:32 PM

Ok I'm taking the plunge.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
Ok I'm taking the plunge.

Good for you. Welcome aboard.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:40 PM

Yay Crafty! Are you in the funky cat swap also?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 PM

Yes I just posted pics of the ones I did so far. I'm just about caught up with all my swaps I will be sending out the oriental one thur. And I will be making a bunch for my swap. I get to sew every day so I can get quite a bit done.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:14 PM

I have my fabric and I am cutting away. I will soon be done and ready to play! I love this fabric. Depending on the light, the background may look brown or green, but either way, I like it, hope you do too! :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-189626.jpe  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by pgaines
I have my fabric and I am cutting away. I will soon be done and ready to play! I love this fabric. Depending on the light, the background may look brown or green, but either way, I like it, hope you do too! :D
Great fabric but I LOVE your car even more lolol my first car was a T-Top camaro and boy do I miss it...I want a screaming orange one now :-)
Hugs
April
Old 04-26-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaD
Thank you April, you said that so nicely...
I had some problems with a few blocks in the last swap (my blocks not anyone elses) and I tried to make sure I contacted the blocks mother to let them know what happened. One of my blocks was 14" but it's owner said she didn't mind. And I made one really nice block (perfect size) but then I accidently sliced in with my rotary cutter and it couldn't be fixed (I really sliced it bad, killed it actually) so I had to use what little bit of the F8 I had left and it got sent home with more of my fabric than the F8. But accidents happen (at least at my house, they do) and sometimes no matter how careful you are to follow directions the size just comes out wrong or the colors you thought looked good together couldn't get along once they were sewn into a block.

But.... the purpose is to have fun and learn and get lots of new blocks... And if you're expecting perfection, maybe this isn't the right place to be.

Now if someone wants to start a swap for advanced quilters with more stringent guidelines, then that would be different, wouldn't it?....

DonnaD
Thank you for your kind words. I am here to try and make sure this swap does not turn in to a police state. We all need constructive critisicism from time to time but here is not the place to limit people to what they can try or use. I think as pictures are posted people begin to see and get a real flavor for good blocks versus "ummm maybe not again" blocks and oh boy I love those colors or again "ummm maybe not again". I am always here to answer questions and if there is an issue PM me and I WILL take care of it in a kind and supportive way.

There is no rule against establishing a more advanced swap but this is for all skill levels and will remain that way :thumbup:

Hugs
April
PS I feel your pain on cutting the block. I once cut through an entire stack of 12 blocks ready to be mailed for a swap...needless to say that was a horrible experience and now I always check and triple check that I have nothing laying where I am cutting :shock:
Old 04-26-2011, 04:29 PM

I do this because it is fun. I enjoy making the blocks and love getting surprises in the mail. If the blocks aren't perfect so be it. I love them anyway. It is kind of like it always tastes better when someone else cooks. I love this swap and will continue to do it as long as I am able. That is my thought.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Originally Posted by DonnaD
Thank you April, you said that so nicely...
I had some problems with a few blocks in the last swap (my blocks not anyone elses) and I tried to make sure I contacted the blocks mother to let them know what happened. One of my blocks was 14" but it's owner said she didn't mind. And I made one really nice block (perfect size) but then I accidently sliced in with my rotary cutter and it couldn't be fixed (I really sliced it bad, killed it actually) so I had to use what little bit of the F8 I had left and it got sent home with more of my fabric than the F8. But accidents happen (at least at my house, they do) and sometimes no matter how careful you are to follow directions the size just comes out wrong or the colors you thought looked good together couldn't get along once they were sewn into a block.

But.... the purpose is to have fun and learn and get lots of new blocks... And if you're expecting perfection, maybe this isn't the right place to be.

Now if someone wants to start a swap for advanced quilters with more stringent guidelines, then that would be different, wouldn't it?....

DonnaD
Thank you for your kind words. I am here to try and make sure this swap does not turn in to a police state. We all need constructive critisicism from time to time but here is not the place to limit people to what they can try or use. I think as pictures are posted people begin to see and get a real flavor for good blocks versus "ummm maybe not again" blocks and oh boy I love those colors or again "ummm maybe not again". I am always here to answer questions and if there is an issue PM me and I WILL take care of it in a kind and supportive way.

There is no rule against establishing a more advanced swap but this is for all skill levels and will remain that way :thumbup:

Hugs
April
PS I feel your pain on cutting the block. I once cut through an entire stack of 12 blocks ready to be mailed for a swap...needless to say that was a horrible experience and now I always check and triple check that I have nothing laying where I am cutting :shock:
Oh, I remember oh so well that night, tears!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:40 PM

Have not participated before but want to sign up for this swap. Sounds like great fun. One question, if you receive 35 other fabrics how many fabrics are required in each block. A few...all.