Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Children's Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed >

Children's Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed

Children's Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed

Old 11-23-2009, 06:49 AM

We had planned (famous last words) to finish over the weekend, but never go there. I fear we may be late, but we'll see. Perhaps tonight or tomorrow I can get her to sit down and sew!! I have to clear out my sewing room for Thanksgiving, so she won't be able to use the machine from Weds on...
Old 11-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

We got Joey's done yesterday but it was a real struggle. It was probably a good thing that we only had 24 hrs to get it done in. He had no wiggle room to delay in. Joey could have seriously spent 6 mos doing designs but in the end he chose to do something a little easier. He is very wrapped up in creating ideas and gets bogged down in the actual doing the work! But we got it done.

Now this next weekend I have Rachel and we will finish hers. She just has to add borders and back it unless she wants to add anything more to it.

Joey was so proud of himself when he was done!! He had trouble with my knee control but after awhile he got the hang of the speed. He loved doing the seams. We spent so much of his time on the quilt he never had time to get in trouble!! LOL He is a good kid so he isn't in trouble too much.

I will post his pics as soon as I get them downloaded from the camera. Now I have to keep the quilt a surprise right?

Old 11-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

Ok here is Joey at the sewing machine. He was so proud of himself! I made suggestions and gave him options and ideas and he chose what he wanted to do.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-3285.jpe  
Old 11-28-2009, 10:25 AM

Well Mackenzie is done FINALLY. The quilt is in the dryer now. It turned out super cute if you ask me! Lines might not be oh so straight nor perfectly squared up but we had a blast working on it, and thats the main thing that counts isn't it?
She wants to post pictures of her finished quilt really bad. I told her we had to wait.(I didn't know if we were going to post finished pictures before they were received or wait.) She wasn't very happy so I told her I would post the picture dad took of us quilting it.

The camera has to charge before I can upload it but I will try getting to it this evening!

Everyone looks like they are having so much fun working on their quilts! Keep up the good work.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Power Poster

Two of the three quilts are done and the third is being worked on now, I hope that by tomorrow they will all be done,

I have lost all the addresses that I need to mail them out, is it possible that everyone can pm me their address so that I can address the envelopes and make sure that they get mailed out?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:19 PM

Can I PM you my address too? :-) (just kidding) I loved the quilt you made for me and think your kids 's quilts would be great too! I've been very interested in the children's quilts and can't wait for all of them to be shown here.
I'd like to get my grandchildren into quilting too someday. While I was visiting them, I gave my 3 yr old granddaughter an outline of a star, a glue stick, and tiny scraps of fabric to work with. I told her mother that it was Lauren's first quilt, and she said I needed to have it. I brought it home and plan to frame it. :D
Old 11-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Power Poster

The kids had a good time though DS said to not sign him up for any more, I think if they started when they were supposed to and been able to do a bit here and there rather all at once he would have been better off, Time got away from us and with the kids schedules being so full what time they have had to themselves I let them have. But it is past time for them to get them done for sure.

We will see what everyone thinks of them, the one is still in production here.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:46 AM

These kids look like they are having a ball, I can't wait to see them all. Already saw Klue's nieces on the picture page. Just wondering if everyone will post there or here.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

I posted in my PDA but I didn't post here because I wanted to see if we should wait til the DQs are received. I plan to post here when we get Rachel and Joey's from their partners. Do I wait to post the ones they made?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I posted in my PDA but I didn't post here because I wanted to see if we should wait til the DQs are received. I plan to post here when we get Rachel and Joey's from their partners. Do I wait to post the ones they made?
Sorry, I didn't see the post asking for my daughter's name. It is Kaylee.

She made her quilt this evening. I know it'll be a day late going in the mail but should get there this week. She had lots of fun and did really well. Its probably been over a year since she's used the sewing machine but she picked it right up. I had her tie it. My camera batteries died, so I'll post pics as soon as they are charged.