Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 08-17-2013, 11:07 AM

I have heard from my partner Cheesehead, and was surprised!

You see, I have 2 dear friends, she is ill, he loves to garden. His garden is an acre, I call it a farm and him a farmer, he says not any more. Use to have acres of peach trees. Anyway to get on with the story, he brought me some veggies once and I felt bad, him picking all of this for people - he is only 21 years older than me and I am 61. So I offered 5 or 6 years ago to help him pick, since then I have learned to can (from his wife). Anyway his wife is ill and been hospitalized, so for the last three days, between all the rain, I have picked bushels of blue lake beans, bushels of tomatoes (I've already put up 23 qts of plain tomatoes and 18 qts and 9 pts of stewed tomatoes), corn, the best cantaloupe, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, egg plant, and I can't think of what else. I can hardly stand. My husband and I are trying to get some green beans frozen before we go to the hospital to visit. In the middle of all of this, I am the one getting new carpet, and I tried to stay out of the way last Tues. while it was being laid, but finally gave in and went to check out how much was done......it was the WRONG carpet. Two rooms laid, hall way almost done. Things stopped FAST. In the end, my husband signed the sheet and did not notice that the name of our chosen carpet wasn't on it - a wrong computer key punched. So in the end, we keep this laid carpet (right color / wrong pattern) and they have ordered the correct one for the hall, stairs and family room. I am sad to say the least.

Now why was I surprised this morning when I finally got a moment to look at emails and there was a pm from my partner? I didn't realize the 16th had pasted! Where has the time gone? But I expect to be back up to speed by Monday - or Tuesday, lol. Am excited, have read the post from pg 24 - 31 and tried to catch up on everyone and everything. I will have to write Cheesehead and tell her that I too love those fabrics! Now to get searching, as I waited to hear from my partner before shopping and digging (as when I start too soon, I get too much).

Thanks Elisabeth brat for all your work organizing this!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:46 AM

oh have pity on me. I have made so many errors it is not funny in my rush to get things out. I tried to do this for the group but in the end made at least three mistakes. CRUD. And when I lost the partner for skaduzy I couldn't figure out why I couldn't find her she couldn't so I gave her another partner. Well tada that partner has now shown up right where I hid her, two sign ups one email so I didn't see her name.. memories are marvelous wish I had one! So I have a partner now too! stipplequeen is MY partner!!! we will do well on this I know and I will pray no more errors GROAN please!
Old 08-17-2013, 02:22 PM

To error is human and we are ALL human. Go get some rest. We love you and all that you do!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:16 PM

MartiMorga- you are making me tired but oh my how much yummy veggies you will have this winter while I am opening the canned beans !

Brat I can make three human errors in less than 5 minutes- chin up !!!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:17 PM

So Yosamitesa- what do you think of red, orange and yellow leaves? H-m-m-m-m-m inquiring minds want to know.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
So Yosamitesa- what do you think of red, orange and yellow leaves? H-m-m-m-m-m inquiring minds want to know.
Sounds perfect!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 05:24 PM

MartiMorga I would love some of those green beans to make dill pickled green beans - they're very tasty. My garden this year didn't get planted - we just have a few tomato and pepper plants - we had snow into the middle of May and my weekends to plant were busy with other events - sigh; I love visiting farmers market and picking up what I want.

tlambing I'm still laughing over your spider story - almost as funny as my brother and his girlfriend years ago trying to catch a bat with a fishing net and flyswatter - while in their undies and sporting a hunting mosquito net over their head so the bat doesn't land in their hair.

I've been in contact with my partner - and today I was at the LQS and picked up the backing - ready, set, sew!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 05:41 PM

Picked up a very nice jet black with orange polka dots today. I think my partner will like Today was also the first week of the Happy haunting block of the week at the LQS too. A very spooky day indeed.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:11 PM

With the temps down to 58 degrees at night, fall colors sound cool

Then again, yosimetesa- I could use browns, golds, olives and tans........

Not telling- you can't even squeeze it out of me
Old 08-17-2013, 06:13 PM

Oh brat- what about stories from the out house ? Anyone have a good one ?????

With fall coming and football games, I am sure there are lots and lots of stories to tell.