Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-03-2013, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Tomorrow I will use some zucchini up so if you have a great recipe send it to me! I have three medium sized caught before they were monster zuc's and well they are saying use me use me so I best do that. I know one would make two loaves of bread, I was thinking lasagna but doubt Steve would eat that.. fritta? hum.. ideas?
Here's a link to a recipe I've been dying to try. I love allrecipes.com! They have some zucchini crab cakes on there that look interesting too...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Stuffed...l.aspx?evt19=1
Old 09-03-2013, 04:09 AM

That does look pretty good! I know he loves parm and red sauce and well the rest might throw him as he cant stand pork sausage/Italian ok any kind of sausage is not his first choice. I will see if it can be doctored maybe.. hamburger? good idea.

morning everyone! I am off to clinic today but maybe it will be such a lovely day like yesterday that I wont be as tired. I am voting for that!!! I am thinking today or is it tomorrow I am going to our local quilt store with Jaba. I surely will only look (oh right) and won't touch a thing (100 bolts later with my finger prints on them) nope not me. I will be like this little angel batting my eyes and hands behind my back wallet in the car. yup that will be me.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:36 AM

I was going to try it with hamburger. The man doesn't like the Americanized version of Italian sausage either. I thought about getting the asiago, spinach & chicken sausages from Sam's & cutting them up instead though. I know he loves those! I'd have to make this dish when Dusty isn't home though, because he'd never eat it.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:30 AM

I've finally started putting to gether my runner for akweiland after several times trying to arrange the blocks only to have my Lily (dog) rearrange them. [ATTACH=CONFIG]433867[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscn1778.jpg  
Old 09-03-2013, 08:35 AM

I love the fabric choices....so pretty!!! I better get mine cut now! Lol
Old 09-03-2013, 10:23 AM

Grandma Di...I love your colors. Very pretty.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
Oh partner - yosamitesa - where are you ??? Haven't "heard" from you lately? How far along are you on my runner? Yours is finished you know Nana-nana-boo-boo I beat you this time .
Let's see...month's end, a lil man, a big kid, sleep, hosting a swap, working on Halloween blocks, I've been hiding when I can...oh and I fell off the face of the earth for a bit...did you miss me??? I hope to cut yours tomorrow and start sewing tomorrow night!!!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:46 PM

the second I lay it out on the floor.. helpers.. lay all over it instant presto mess up omg I did a one block wonder and tried laying it out.. it was a crying nightmare to fix it again. that door is closed if it happens no way no how ever again!

I think Q Rubus that you don't need another binding your fine. that stuff happens and a wash and often it pulls it straighter again.. just let go.. you worry way too much girl!

ok here it goes.. I am NOT sigh sewing today. TADA said it outloud. I would call it seam ripping day otherwise so I am not. Had a good idea two days ago. I had an itchy eye. seriously itchy. so I rubbed it and rubbed it and.. now it feels like a giant bruise in the corner looks like I go hit NO I DID NOT and well it hurts like .. a poke in the eye with a sharp stick so my answer to sewing is NO> tada! Right now instead I am enjoying a quiet moment at home man is out doing laundry he was so unhappy I gave him a 10 item grocery list and well .. I am enjoying the peace. yes! tomorrow alone at home no car so I will sew then. Plenty soon enough. phew! Yosemitesa your so silent did you fall of the planet? please come home. Your family here is looking for you!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:55 PM

I had a no sew day yesterday! I felt the need to spend "some" time with my family! It was great, we ate out at a new place for me, BJ's. Had a great dip sandwich and spent a whole 1 1/2 un interrupted with my hubby and grown kids!

I need a new sew day every now and then.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:01 PM

These are the fabrics I'm going with. Both the pumpkin and brown are showing up much brighter on my monitor than they are in "real life". Not sure that the pumpkin and gold play well together but they are represented in the focus fabric. And they won't be touching each other. Quiltermomma wanted a long skinny one, so I'm going to try an on point design. It will be my first. I'm leaving tomorrow on a quilting retreat and hope to get this pieced while I'm there and can get help in doing to on point setting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433934[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails table-runner-batiks.jpg  

Last edited by Belfrybat; 09-03-2013 at 04:04 PM.