Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-03-2013, 04:03 PM

Well after spending some time with a friend today ....
1.) I was stressed enough that I had been gritting my teeth to point that actually partially locked my jaw... & relaxed enough that my popped!
2.) I got the two packages of binding that I needed ... not an exact match, but I guess it will do. So now I can fix the "Oops factor."
3.) I found what I think was a wonderfully prefect combination of fabrics for my other partner's tablerunner.
4.) I working on pulling myself out of week+ funk by coming up with a really neat idea for a small challenge that I will share with everyone in another thread. If you are interested in doing something a little different with me.

I bet you would like to see some pictures ... right?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433932[/ATTACH]
This is the new fabrics for the second tablerunner. I really needed to a have some blue in my partners palette that aslo would tie in with the "Fall" element. It was much harder than I had expected but I think I was able pull it off this time and it's not heavy or dark in color.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433933[/ATTACH]
This is the palette that I choosen for the "Push the Funk Away" Challenge for my self. The focus print is actually a Waverly Home Decor Fabric sample. It's called "Felicite Cream" and it's 100% cotton and not at all thick. From there I pulled 1.yd. of the center top fabric to be a background for the blue & tan leaf prints in a simple Ohio Star blocks surrounding the focus print. Each of the blue & tan fabrics are 1/2 yd's. I plan to make a wall hanging with it. I plan to try & have it completly finished by Nov. 23rd as a birthday present to myself. So if anyone is interested of doing this with me, please let know & I'm start another thread for it.

So I guess I deal with some food and after a doctor's appt. & yet more errand running I'll know that I can think about start the 2nd runner early next week as I have some other committments this weekend.

I'm off to look at some pretty magazinez & books as visual therapy and start pinning the binding on.

Tricia
Attached Thumbnails dscn3652.jpg   dscn3653.jpg  
Old 09-03-2013, 04:11 PM

Yes...I fell off the face of the earth. Tried climbing back up, got tired and decided to rest. Sort of back...trying to finish Halloween blocks...don't ask!!! Then off to this one. Glad I waited. Know the pattern now!!!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
Yes...I fell off the face of the earth. Tried climbing back up, got tired and decided to rest. Sort of back...trying to finish Halloween blocks...don't ask!!! Then off to this one. Glad I waited. Know the pattern now!!!
Welcome back- was beginning to worry that you were trying to hide from me. Now you know you can't hide from an old fogie like me who taught school for 17 year, fostered wonderful children while my three children were growing up, and who always knows which pile the documents you need are in.

So my dear- get to the cutting and enjoy the process. I know I will LOVE the finished project
Old 09-04-2013, 04:01 AM

Tricia your hoping to finish a new quilt by Nov!! omg that is a bit fast for me.. I am interested in more information on what kind of quilt along your talking about.. will you post in the block of the month category? pretty fabric and that blue really does work.

YEAH Yosamitesa is FOUND .. We missed you girl!

BELFRY I think they go together nicely and yes if the pumpkin is not touching the second color your fine I think. I know she will love those fabrics. Quiltermomma loves FABRIC I think period. A serious disorder we all share I fear. contagious especially if you waltz into a sewing store accidently. you know how that happens your feet just do the walking and suddenly your assaulted by all that COLOR and texture and you can't help yourself you need just a little of this.. and oh my did you see that one? happens to me all the time.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:57 AM

Finally getting back into being on the board after a few weeks of hard core quilting. I bet my partner thinks I MIA. I have an good idea of the runner I want to do so will pull that bag of fabric from the cupboard and get to working on it. First though, have to get hip put into place, not sure how I did it but boy, it is a bugger to walk or sit.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Pink Lady View Post
I did get a little sewing done so here is a little peak
Pink Lady - love those blocks!!!! I want to do one of those!

Oksewnsew - I'm ready to quilt yours too - hopefully I will get done this weekend. Then I have to keep it away from my daughter. She came over and asked if I was making it for her. She said "You mean you are giving that to a stranger!" I replied that Oksewnsew is not a stranger and I am sending it to a new friend. LOL.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:12 AM

Hello everyone....I fell off the face of the earth too....almost literally, I broke my foot (my sewing foot) and then had a spill on the knee walker that I have to use and sprained my left wrist. It has been a difficult time....but I am on the mend. Go back to the orthopedic doctor on Friday. I hate this boot and am not supposed to bear any weight on my foot. That is hard to do.

Had talked to my partner before all this happened and bought the fabric. I have started sewing a bit now. Hope to finish the top this week. Never fear....I will get it done!! I will not leave my partner hanging!!

Happy quilting to everyone!!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
Love all the chit chat. Love the first set of fabrics - just like le-brat. I have finished painting 2 closets now to put the crap back in them, the new "right" carpet comes Wed., put that room back together and I am FREE!!!! YIPEE!!!Even my husband even gives me the look of "how about doing this project" I am going to have to kong him! I have 1 more picking day and only have to make/can apple butter and apple pie filling. Then...then....then....it will be me and my machines, so help me God.
As a matter of fact the central square I made for the runner is an applique scene...the print on the 2nd fabric doesn't tie in as well as the 1st one. And the pattern on the 2nd fabric is going to be too large when I cut it to add into other blocks and or for the sashing...you lose the pattern and colors...so the 1st fabric looks like it is it! I am going to be nice (Awww...how sweet....gag, gag...) and send some of the 2nd one to my partner...that way she can have it to make something with...maybe something and send back to me...all me!!!! Bwahahaaaaa!!!!
Take care all,
Kif
Old 09-04-2013, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
Well after spending some time with a friend today ....
1.) I was stressed enough that I had been gritting my teeth to point that actually partially locked my jaw... & relaxed enough that my popped!
2.) I got the two packages of binding that I needed ... not an exact match, but I guess it will do. So now I can fix the "Oops factor."
3.) I found what I think was a wonderfully prefect combination of fabrics for my other partner's tablerunner.
4.) I working on pulling myself out of week+ funk by coming up with a really neat idea for a small challenge that I will share with everyone in another thread. If you are interested in doing something a little different with me.

I bet you would like to see some pictures ... right?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433932[/ATTACH]
This is the new fabrics for the second tablerunner. I really needed to a have some blue in my partners palette that aslo would tie in with the "Fall" element. It was much harder than I had expected but I think I was able pull it off this time and it's not heavy or dark in color.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433933[/ATTACH]
This is the palette that I choosen for the "Push the Funk Away" Challenge for my self. The focus print is actually a Waverly Home Decor Fabric sample. It's called "Felicite Cream" and it's 100% cotton and not at all thick. From there I pulled 1.yd. of the center top fabric to be a background for the blue & tan leaf prints in a simple Ohio Star blocks surrounding the focus print. Each of the blue & tan fabrics are 1/2 yd's. I plan to make a wall hanging with it. I plan to try & have it completly finished by Nov. 23rd as a birthday present to myself. So if anyone is interested of doing this with me, please let know & I'm start another thread for it.

So I guess I deal with some food and after a doctor's appt. & yet more errand running I'll know that I can think about start the 2nd runner early next week as I have some other committments this weekend.

I'm off to look at some pretty magazinez & books as visual therapy and start pinning the binding on.

Tricia
Love them all!!! So, I will pm my addy to you for you to send some..that is what you meant isn't it? By small challenge project??? It isn't that challenging for me to pm my addy to you, but we can pretend that it is...HA HA...
Oh wait, you already have my address from a prior table runner swap...but in case you have misplaced it just let me know....
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-04-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
block of the week? now you got me wondering.. where did you get that pattern? and skip the spider the lovely block is fine WITHOUT IT.. no such thing as a whimsical spider they are all wrong.

I say then go with the number 1 set and keep number two for you silly girl. I think the first set is so warm and inviting its a gorgeous set.. you can not lose with it of course this is me, I buy it for me never make it for me so what am I saying? Its so pretty it says use it right? there will be more so pretties out there trust me. wish the wallet was in line with my OH I NEED THAT ONE! lol

oksewnsew glad to hear your finished.. music to my ears hearing FINISHED or almost FINISHED.. oh yes that makes the old brat grandly happy so thank you for that. what a good way to start my day! la la la .. la la la la..

oh and ARE YOU KIDDING how many tables can a person have? I could easily change out my table runners daily/weekly depending on how many I had so of course I want them all it would work for me just fine! ps I have a table a side board a dinner table a dresser another dresser so of course I have spots for these things.. end tables in case they are smaller so you can all send to me. Don't listen to sapdoggie she is totally wrong. I also hang them on the wall if they really need to be looked at all year long so .. le Brat has room. lucky me

NOW GET SEWING.. andele! mush mush! please??
Me, too brat...I asked her about the pattern...I am fine with that spider, too...as long as it isn't a LIVE one or even a dead one that was once living I am good...
So we are waiting to hear about these bow week patterns....