Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-05-2013, 12:07 PM

Ack! All of the ankle stories are making mine hurt! I have only had torn ligaments in one ankle back in the 1990's when I thought I could play volleyball with the other moms who were on the PTA board with me...heavy on the word thought...haha...it sure hurt at the time and the ER doctor said torn ligaments can be as painful as broken bones.. I have no idea on that. My worst pain has been from the many kidney stones that I started having in my early 20's..along with IC flares..I have had so many stones that my Urologist has told me he makes his car payments off of me! Yes, he has a twisted sense of humor...
deenatoo hope you heal quickly...and Pink Lady, hope your day gets better!
K
Old 09-05-2013, 12:37 PM

So sorry Pink for not have a good start on the day. You take care now and just hide in the sewing room, but watch those fingers with the needle, no free motion for you today or cutting much out, just sewing.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:24 PM

Pink lady ready for this one: try peanut butter. rub it on your skin then wash.. it should take that wonderous odor off plus any stick you might have to your skin (tacky).. worth a try. I sure as heck would. Lesson: we all have those days. those ones you can not explain at all but no matter what oh they do not improve. the upside is they make those that are not nearly so bad.. seem like gifts. I wish you all a pile of gifts as it sounds like we sure could use a package of them asap.

glad you like that site it was fun for me too and is in my favorites bookmark figure if they did Halloween they will have Christmas and Valentines Day and so on and well who can say NO to that/?? not I!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:52 AM

WELL GOODMORNING AMERICA! Its still dark here but it will be a beautiful day. lots of quilting involved can't be bad at all A small trip to the post office and then I am home free. if I get the truck. if not its just quilting which again is not the worst of all days. I have a Halloween wallhanging to make. She would like me to keep up with my suntanning chicken. Oh dear. I was thinking of a black cat dressed as a chicken for the wall hanging but truly I want to make this batik pumpkin wall hanging that is so pretty I want it. which do I chose? goofy me or a beautiful wall hanging.. ok not sure I will get that total beautiful affect but think I just might be able to.. oh need bright green batik! oh no!ok think brat think.. you can use.. something not sure what yet. will post pics though to show you how nuts or sane I went. oh my partner and I are ready to send so that is one item ready to go out! yipppeee
Old 09-06-2013, 06:00 AM

Good Morning everyone!!!! Sun is shining, it is going to be another hot hot day here in Texas....I am so ready for the temps to stay out of the 100's and 90's. I am off to help set up the meeting room for tonight's meeting and then have to take mom to the sewing machine shop to get a new embroidery foot for her machine....oh wait she has to replace mine since I took it off so she could finish the project she was working on.

I will be preparing my fabrics this weekend for my fall runner this weekend, I have several fall projects to work on so have many fabrics to prepare.

Well I am gonna run and grab a bit to eat before I meet up with the ladies I am meeting.

Have a great day and remember to have fun and enjoy life.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:07 AM

Good morning
It is a lovey sunny day here with a hint of fall in the air After five days of rain sun is good to see.
Elisabrat do both and send the funky cat to me I live on a small farm so it would fit right in.

Last night I ask my hubby "What would you say if a bunch of lady's came up to visit that I chat with on the quilting board?" Boy was that the wrong thing to ask him. He started right in planing the whole thing ideas were flying out of his mouth. When I could get a word in I said what about quilting and going to quilt shops. He looked at like I had two heads.lol Told me what happens on his retreat he goes on every spring and figured we could do the same thing. Hmm They sit around drink scotch ,eat steak and lobster plus they tell tall tales. They are not allow to bring a salad this is a mans weekend lol.

Hope you are all having a great day
Kendra
Old 09-06-2013, 06:19 AM

Oh Pink Lady! I think your DH would not quite know what to do at a quilting weekend! Maybe he should just have a guys bash at the same time.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:00 AM

I am sure he would not have a clue but he likes to cook)))) He also loves to plan things just not alway how I want them planed. He works all week so would not be round much.Then we could make him cook. I am busy washing fabric today the last is in the washer. Going to work on my table runner today so that I can start quilting it this weekend.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:48 PM

You know whenever you have a quilt day, you need a cook! So, Pick Lady I think he would fit right in. How does he do with desserts!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:23 PM

Dear Kendra: I could sit around and eat steak and lobster all the time. I am there! ok I like salad with it sorta a .. think your not really blowing it when you eat salad with it right? around here you can get frozen lobster tails. taste like mush. Not lobster at all. no way no how. BLICK. steak is awesome however want a good piece of beef? come to Wyoming and you will not be disappointed. Did I share with you all the Xero Box meat market experience? ok I am a newbie from CA All our meet markets are.. homogenized. here? well you walk in there is a big old animal on a hook they are cutting it and packing it. the floor is .. well a butcher shop.. and outside is a cow legs up in the air in the truck next to yours.. and its well .. a butcher shop. no fancy store fronts no glass windows .. hello cut me that piece right there off the leg hind quarters.. I left there thinking I have been sheltered! lol.. I think if you were squeamish you would be vegan in no time. Me not so much took a few aged steaks and a chuck roast and well the brat walked out with a bunch of seriously grand meat. So saddle on up and put on your big girl boots.. and ignore that feet in the air giant cow and your good to go! I love it here and will cowgirl up anyday now.