Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Mailed mine today to my partner, teappot. I had so much stuff here that was done, just had to get it all gone. Now I have some room to start something else.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:07 PM

I am putting the finishing touches are my partner's runner.....us FYI!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:21 PM

kiffie2413, I will hang onto your runner until you are ready to send so we can mail (and receive) around the same time. Intrigued with the sneak peak now, can't wait to have it on my table.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:03 PM

kiffie2413 - I think we all sported that big hair back in the day - I used to color and perm my hair it's amazing that I still have any left - I still have my hot rollers and if I would let my hair grow out I could use them once again. It's kind of funny the things people hang on to.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 PM

Dabbler you reminded me of those earlier years, long ago, hair was long then. Washed every night and slept on baby food juice cans. I swear I still have the dents in my head. No thank you, makes me hurt even thinking about them!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 PM

Brian's sisters used to use orange juice cans in their hair so they could get a curl - I practiced and practiced with a curling iron and then saved my money for hot rollers. Did anyone ever have those commercial glamour shots done - person would go in and they would do your hair and makeup and there were all kinds of different settings - the hair was huge; the photographer said that you loose about 25% of your hair volume in photos so they make it extra big for the camera. I had mile high hair by the time they were finished and enough makeup on my face that I needed a chisel to get it off. Those truly were back in the day. Now I have straight flat hair - it's super fine and fly away; I only color it - I haven't had a perm in 15+ years - I found a volume powder that works wonders and gives me the illusion of having lots of hair. The things we do to have nice hair.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:35 AM

I finished the top while at a quilting retreat, and the ladies there liked it very much. Now I need to unload the table where Bess, the machine I use for straight quilting lives so I can get it finished. I think QuilterMomma and I are on schedule to mail late next week. I might even get it for my birthday on the 21st. How neat would that be!
Here's a teaser:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435107[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails runner.jpg  
Old 09-10-2013, 05:27 AM

Sooooo today is about cutting out my second table runner since it will be 90*+ here in little 'ole Barryton. I had planned to start yesterday but I ended up learning how to can tomato sauce while the weather was cooler. We got 11 or 12 quarts of sauce out of the bushel of 'maters that my friend picked up in the way over to pick me up. Hence the delay, but what can you say; I'm learning a new & useful skill.
I'm got to take a couple movies back to the library but from there... I'm looking at a sewing day. I plan to make 2 labels for gifts, cut out the table runner and I've got 10 little prairie doll dresses to get done this week. Tomorrow is group meeting and I'll be using that time to sandwich a baby quilt together that needs to go into my hand quilting hoop. It's just easier to do it there since we use a couple of tables big enough to sandwich our quilts on. It's a lot easier than if I try and doing on the kitchen floor which cement based (Michigan Basement). Besides it's slightly easier on the knees and back -- I don't have 2 kitty quilt inspectors interferring.

Time to make the coffee,
Tricia
Old 09-10-2013, 06:33 AM

I've got my eye out for a couple of old church basement tables - they work perfect for sandwiching a large quilt - my friend Judi uses them and they work perfect - my knees don't handle being on the floor crawling around anymore - age and weight are a killer on knee joints.

I love the sneak peak/teasers everyone posts.

I'm hoping to quilt and bind my project tonight - I have an all day sewing retreat this coming Saturday - it's for a cancer benefit - we're sewing from 9:00 in the morning until midnight. I need to get blocks cut out for project I'm planning to work on at the retreat so need to get other stuff finished and out the door.

You all have a wonderful day.

Last edited by dabbler312; 09-10-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:35 AM

"Marti, I am just finishing up your table runner. I just have to hand stitch the binding to the back and it will be done. This is the 3rd runner I have finished for you. The 1st one was a round bargello that ended up to only be 20" round. Then the 2nd one I thought wasn't long enough, that was 33 "long. Finally I think I might have it right, this last one is finishing up at 48"long. One of these days I will post a sneak peek picture. Jan"OMGoodness!!!! Now I am feeling quilty - aka guilty - 3. No, no, no any one of them would have been perfect! Oh, I am so sorry for telling you about my table....I use anything and everything on it. Any size would do. Gotta get off this and back upstairs to get your's done.....oh my! Thank you for all your work!