Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-24-2013, 05:39 AM

I'm enjoying the table runners being swapped - nice work!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post

speaking of birthdays my son yesterday sent me.. a TV for my birthday. Wow. I had an old school big old fat 27" tv. I refused to get a new one. this one worked fine. Now I have a 39" tv that I can not figure out how to work! argh! I hate electronics. in a big giant way. Now I have a remote that wont turn the volumne up or down nor will the other remote work with it either. I was so frustrated I turned the darned thing off early and went oh heck with it. I hope next year ungrateful me I don't get any more gifts. Thisone is making my hair fall out! I will pray Steve figures it out before I get home from clinic so he can just show me tada its done. that would make me extremely happy.
If it's that difficult - I'm electronically challenged as well - call the neighbor kids over and they'll have you up and running in no time. We recently put a home theatre surround sound system in and had to have my son and daughter's boyfriend come over and hook it up and show us how it worked.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:11 AM

Brat I feel ya on the electronics thing. I can figure most of my computer but I'm lost on the tv, stereo, pod this and that. My almost 21 yr old son will be moving out soon and I'm getting really nervous, I may have to give up tv cause there's no way I'm gonna figure it out.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:06 AM

WOW what beautiful runners! Cheesehead should get mine tomorrow, and I should be getting hers soon too. Getting awfully excited. I just love all these beautiful runners and the embroidery.For those that remember, my friend died yesterday. My carpet won't be in until 10/8. And the most beautiful tree in my yard (that got hit by lightening) is being cut down today. Waiting for the "highlight" of my week, my new runner. Signed up for a great placemat class for this Friday, but now will wait to hear about the funeral - may have to cancel that. Life happens and thankfully good times are around the corner.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:16 AM

Hey Brat, I know what you mean about electronic devices!! Now I CAN operate sewing/embroidery machines pretty good..lolo You have to program the remote to the tv - I do know that much... There should be a code for that particular tv. It'll all work out I know, just hang in there...

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
those are so pretty. I love the subtle colors of yours justnananettie it is going to be easy to decorate around that one! and Jaba ohh what pretty fall leaves and then of course all those extra goodies. wow must have been like having a birthday!

speaking of birthdays my son yesterday sent me.. a TV for my birthday. Wow. I had an old school big old fat 27" tv. I refused to get a new one. this one worked fine. Now I have a 39" tv that I can not figure out how to work! argh! I hate electronics. in a big giant way. Now I have a remote that wont turn the volumne up or down nor will the other remote work with it either. I was so frustrated I turned the darned thing off early and went oh heck with it. I hope next year ungrateful me I don't get any more gifts. Thisone is making my hair fall out! I will pray Steve figures it out before I get home from clinic so he can just show me tada its done. that would make me extremely happy.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
WOW what beautiful runners! Cheesehead should get mine tomorrow, and I should be getting hers soon too.
Really...tomorrow?! Yipee, I can't wait. When I mailed yours yesterday, the slip says that you should be receiving yours on Thursday. Wonder why it takes an additional day for me to mail to you. What can I say, that's the USPS for you.

Sorry to hear the news of your friend Marti, is this the neighbor that was so sick a few weeks ago?
Old 09-24-2013, 05:46 PM

Just a little early "Miss Brat" but want to wish you the very most perfect special day tomorrow! Happy happy Birthday to my very special friend![ATTACH=CONFIG]437945[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails images%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 09-24-2013, 06:07 PM

So happy you like your runner. Had a fun time making it!
Laurel
Old 09-24-2013, 07:06 PM

Love, love, love all the runners!
Happy birthday a tad early, Brat!! Hope your special day is awesome! I know you will be loving that new tv soon...
Kif
Old 09-25-2013, 01:31 AM

Thank you everyone. Jaba your going to get a whooping posting that everywhere!! grin.. thanks so much.

Yesterday was a perfect day for me, today will be also. I saw this absolutely gorgeous pheasant on the road yesterday. Vibrant teal neck ring (right next to the white ring it stood out like BLING).. and the chest omg it was an opalescent fuchsia and it was glistening in the sunlight. I was mesmerized. He took his time crossing the road and I enjoyed every single second of it. Wow. So you see that made my day perfect. I smiled every single time I remembered how lovely he was. Today will be as perfect you see.. I think its a blustery stormy day the sky will be all shades of black and gray and maybe the sun will be out for a bit and when that happens its like a painting.. I love that so much. I have to drive the back roads into town today my very enjoyable drive. There are deer, antelope, lots of cows and alfalfa fields and vistas that are stunning. So it will be a wonderful day. I have decreed it therefore it shall.

Losses are so tough on those left behind. May your memories of the special moments bring you joy. Your friend will always be with you. I am sorry for your loss Marti. And how lucky you are! new carpet in just a couple weeks. time flies so fast you know.. it will come quicker than you think.