Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ok here is the deal. You brag about all those shops. I don't think I have been in 25 quilt shops in my entire LIFE. So now your obligated to show us all your fabulous finds. Tell us which stores were your favorite and which ones to avoid. This is important information we ALL need AND it will save us from troopsing around to 25 stores. Good for saving gas this way! and well um.. our shoes will last longer from not having to walk like that and um.. well cause I said so. SHOW US THE GOODS KIDDO!
Look at how big Texas is....I know to get all those shops. They were in the surrounding areas of Houston and the surrounding areas of Dallas. Wish I had the time to be able to join her with hitting all those shops. Would be lots of fun.

This is part of the Shop hop across Texas with about 58 shops to go to all over the state.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:32 PM

Nice Job Justnannette. That is a very calm runner and will last throughout the seasons I think
Old 09-17-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Look at how big Texas is....I know to get all those shops. They were in the surrounding areas of Houston and the surrounding areas of Dallas. Wish I had the time to be able to join her with hitting all those shops. Would be lots of fun.

This is part of the Shop hop across Texas with about 58 shops to go to all over the state.
Shop hop was amazing- new friend- new shops and lots of laughter-
I am thinking we need to save all the $$$ we can, charter a bus, meet in a central location and GO SHOP HOPPING ACROSS TX - September 2014. ( All states welcome.)

Can you imagine what the shop owners would do if we all showed up at the same time ? What a great trip that would be
Old 09-17-2013, 11:19 PM

Sap, thanks for welcoming me to the "unique" sense of humor club..gotta love it!
I am in Texas and haven't been to 25 quilt shops ever either! I am up in the panhandle area, smaller towns, less people' thankfully way less traffic! The quilt shop that I go to quilt group at and volunteer at just participated in our annual Top of Texas Shop Hop..usually is last Thurs, Fri, Sat in July. This year it was changed to run a whole week and there were 10 shops in Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma that participated. This is the 1st year that there wasn't a bus charter for people who wanted to sign up and visit all the shops as a group. Since I usually work at the shop I "frequent" I haven't made it to the other shops, either...your idea sounds like a blast!
Brat, I think my hubby and I saw the "cousin" to your Waldo on the show "Oddities"..lol.. Now you know I am laughing with ya, as I am married to "Jed Clampett".. It's hunting season now, and he is like a kid at Christmas.. yippee!! Though the more he hunts and fishes the more I quilt
Justnanettie, that runner will be a "runner for all seasons"!! Love all the different fabrics
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-17-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:49 AM

Quite a few years ago when I was a tour director, DH and I went to Victoria (mainland Aus state) and we drove around the state for a week (Monday to Friday) and I visited 35 quilt shops along the way. I had planned to do a quilt tour (which didn't eventuate) but I can tell you I was shopped out at the end of the week. DH was very patient whenever we found a quilt shop and he either caught up on some sleep in the car or read the newspaper while I was in the shop. Needless to say, I filled the car to the brim with fabric, patterns (most never used to this day) and every imaginable gadget around at the time. It was so much fun though to see the differences in each shop.

One of the best tours I did here in Tasmania was with a group of 22 quilting ladies (and 2 quilt husbands) and we toured around Tasmania stopping at every quilt shop. Each evening at our accommodation we would all get together and have 2-3 ladies each night give a 'show and tell', usually small projects to show or photo albums to look at.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:16 AM

I got my runner from Cindy60545 yesterday! OMG, is this adorable or what? Log cabin blocks on the fall side with a pumpkin panel on the fall side and fun bats & skeleton appliqued on the Halloween side! It's stippled all over with orange thread on the Halloween side and red on the fall side, which you can't see in the photo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436694[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]436695[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cindy-runner1.jpg   cindy-runner2.jpg  
Old 09-18-2013, 04:50 AM

Ahhh, the Burt Reynolds of skeletons! (Sorry I couldn't help myself, that's the 1st thing that came to mind) DustysMomma, that is such a wonderful tablerunner that you will be able to use throughout the fall. Great job and fanstastic runner Cindy60545, love the whimsical and the beauty.

Jan
Old 09-18-2013, 05:28 AM

Hello Y'all just wanted to report that I'm ready to mail bothe of my runners to my partners and have sent them each a pm this morning before heading to quilt group. bbl
Tricia
Old 09-18-2013, 05:44 AM

Wow I am doing the happy dance here. You guys are really moving! Love Burt. He is adorable. So much better this way than before and the fall side is soooo YOU dustysmomma Cindy nailed it.

Querico so glad your speedy Gonzales. Two done! wowsa! can't wait to see them.

wonder if we need a winter/Christmas runner swap? I was thinking starting sign ups Sept 27th.. finish Oct. 5th and have them due by Nov 25th? something like that so that people would have them for the holiday if that is their preference or for all winter if that is the choice they would prefer(ie snow/trees vs santas and elves). any thoughts on that? not sure if anyone has the time or interest to participate or should I wait til after Christmas for sign ups and do a winter/valentine theme? hard choice. I love Christmas runners ..
Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 AM

Both would be nice, I could use a Christmas and a Valentine's one