Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 05-20-2013, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I love hst's! I think your partner hates them. Send it to me!!!! no? she doesnt hate them? FINE she can have this one but the next round....grin grin grin... winkeroooo is mine!

Well today we came to a final conclussion on where we will be moving. Drum roll please! We are moving to Wyoming and I will become neighbors with our dear Jaba. I am excited and ready to rock and roll! it will be between June 10th and July 10th but the packing has begun and my heart is already outta here. A new grand adventure for le Brat!
Hmm... Moving
One for the box, one for the can...
What I like most about moving is finding all the treasures. You know the stuff you put away to save, to only see again when you are packing to move.
New place, new adventures, organized stuff, I think I'm envious.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:28 AM

oh my dear Envious: please come find my treasures. I have a lady in dialysis who wants anything that I am tossing that she can bend, mold, forge into something else. she wants to make yard art. Sure no problem. WHAT THE HECK do I own that can be molded into yard art? scary scary thought. I did offer her a broken bird bath. grand pedistal but the turkeys here kept sitting on the top.. broke it in half. no amount of apoxy could put that puppy together again. SO here I think garbage and she says OH YES! lol.. have at it. and that pot I cant use and the .. sheesh. talk about one mans garbage is anothers.. she just learned how to weld. explains it all.

I am so sick of packing. Moved way too many times. I never was an army brat so why do I have to keep moving like one? lol. oh so not fun ladies. Packing party!! come on over! I make killer snacks.. stuff something? sure! wrapped with bacon and marinated? ok! fruits! meats! veggies! WINE!! margaritas! help I need somebody help not just anybody HELP MEEEEEE!! ok fine do it myself. eat duck pate and imported dutch cheeses.. and toss the heck out of stuff. I hate moving stuff. toss queen. I took a dont shoot me, quilting rack, the kind you lay something over? to the thrift store yesterday and my fancy walker. I like the simple metal one not the one with the seat .. aint moving it. expensive but not moving a thing I wont use. BRAT will try to exercise caution in the craft area but thinking a lot is going with the wind.. craft paints? dont use them enough to warrant moving them.. fancy stickers? not happening.. how many buttons does one person need? how much sequins seriously do I NEED? little stuff but it piles up into another box and another box and well we want a small uhaul so.. not lots of boxs I think. oh oh fun!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:59 AM
Swap Hosts

Brat, we're going to have to throw you a fabric and notions shower once you move so you can rebuild your stash. Wyoming, huh? I think you'll need some buffalo and antelope themed stuff to fit in. Lucky you being so close to Jaba!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I love hst's! I think your partner hates them. Send it to me!!!! no? she doesnt hate them? FINE she can have this one but the next round....grin grin grin... winkeroooo is mine!

Well today we came to a final conclussion on where we will be moving. Drum roll please! We are moving to Wyoming and I will become neighbors with our dear Jaba. I am excited and ready to rock and roll! it will be between June 10th and July 10th but the packing has begun and my heart is already outta here. A new grand adventure for le Brat!
I love half square triangles - I appreciate all the work that goes into making them.

Yea for jaba having you close by - you're going to love the mountain views in Wyoming. jaba keeps saying she has lots of room so we can all come see you get settled in and have a retreat weekend at the same time or we can call it a house warming party and bring gifts. What a fun adventure ahead for you - and you're right packing sucks!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:31 AM

Since I just moved in December (through February, I will be the voice of reason. Anything you haven't "seen" in the last year . . . get rid of. I only moved 2 miles down the road but it took me two months (my excuse is I have horses. They really don't like to move). Anyway, Brat, Good luck.

On another note, I bought my material over the weekend and started to cut the pattern so I guess it's no turning back now.

Happy sewing, everyone!

KAT
Old 05-20-2013, 07:17 AM

Just hearing you speak of moving makes me anxious Brat! I was a Navy brat and moved a whole lot in my younger years, and my husband had a tumoltuous childhood and moved more than I did. It's unspoken btwn us that we will stay put in our place unless we're forced out! I do sometimes dream of a new adventure though. How great for you to be going to a new place close to a friend. A new life adventure with a sweet smile of friendship already in place
Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 AM

thank you so much its more like moving closer to family.. only the family you want not the one your stuck with

the realtor called today oh please stay I still want you! oh really you mixed message idiot he asked Steves employers 20 yrs back would you rent to them? are you kidding me? then his friend he put down as a personal reference for 40 plus years he asks him would you let them camp in your backyard? I thought he was working his hardest to not get us to move in now this.. argh.I am so angry with this man he was inappropriate for what I know having been an agent in CA and this was plum wrong. So crud I hate going over this stuff. Our credit rating is great our references were great yet he pushed me past my comfort zone. idiot. He had us on the place he should have stuck where it was good and got our check. sigh.. Brat is in a mood. not a grand one.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Swap Hosts

Um. I'm confused. Except about the guy being an inappropriate idiot. Are you staying or are you going? Why does he want you to stay? Except, of course, that you are a lovely human being and who wouldn't want you to stay ... I think I will go have a jelly donut and ponder your situation in a sugar stupor.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 AM

We are not he gave us a seriously bad feeling and we felt it was not going to ultimately be a good move. Like I said if he had asked for money straight up we could have paid it and been done. Instead he took a week asking seriously wrong questions of others and never commiting he gave me a well I am 99 percent sure and hung up. So I canned his rear as I thought what kind of land lord is this going to be and maybe this is the worst choice we could make. So we are moving I just dont want to redeal with this man. He has called twice already today. I was unavailable just let it go why dont you? dead dog and all that you can beat it all you want it is still a dead dog. sorry.. he isnt getting us back is what I am trying to say. I am ready for the move. ok mentally ready. now to get the house ready and to figure out dialysis there. super small clinic only 6 chairs so they have to have a spot for me first.. cant call til Monday. Hoping there is one. everyone hope there is one too I am positive being a newbie i get the worst one (last shift) but its a spot so if they have one its MINE! lol.... if they dont not sure what plan B is. Jaba!!!!!! plan B! we need a plan B! just in case.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:17 PM

So, I know for a fact I'll be in Billings around the 19th of August... Wanna all 3 of us (plus the Midget... and the men, too) meet for Olive Garden and fabric oogling?