Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 AM

Thanks Jamie for starting the group - waiting to hear if my membership is accepted.

Brat - I'm hopeful that there is a chair waiting for you when you get to WY - keeping my fingers and toes crossed along with a prayer for you that it all works out. Are you going to be living in Cody - I'm still wanting to visit the Wild Bill Museum - it's on my bucket list along with a weekend at one of the lodges in Yellowstone and a visit to Glacier Park; I'm never off work long enough at one time to take it all in at once.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:52 AM

ok Jaimie I will send a pic me invite back to you I have something to share surely. I think they will get a ton of donations but what isnt needed locally might still go to a very good cause. Are you giving them to a church to hand out, how are they going to be distributed? best go to your site and find out.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:41 AM

I accept everyone interested, my brother advised I do it this way to keep out spammers. I plan to distribute myself and I have contacted my church they are helping some families that have children. My brother is a insurance adjuster and is possible going to be sent here and I am going to send some with him since he is on the front lines. We also have the victims from Sunday night in Shawnee, so I am sure I will take some over there. I don't want to just donate them becuase I am scared they will never get to where they are needed. I want to know where they go and see where they go. I am still working out details of this but I am working on it.

Thanks to everyone, my heart is so full with the love!!!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:43 AM

I think your an angel Sikesjj. So many lives can be affected in such a positive way with the kindness and generousity of others.

I found out dabbler that they have a chair for me! in fact they are expanding to a ten chair unit (woooo woooo) and so for sure then there is one should be done in July imagine that we are moving I think in July (if not sooner) and I will fit in somehow. The transplant teams however are in Denver a bit of a short 7 plus hour drive. but for a transplant? I am i the car right NOW. I am sure tired of dialysis. its just that tiring. whine whine without it I would not survive so I will shut up now.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:50 AM

Brat how far of a drive will it be for dialysis? Glad you got a chair, Denver is a cheap flight for me!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:30 AM

cheap flights sound marvelous the center is about 16 miles from Jans house. so guessing 16.1 as she isnt so keen on having me move in forever with her with my gorgeous cats at that! can you imagine a little thing like death allergies keeping us from moving in together??

here are a couple pics to remind you of fun summer runners: the first is Jabas to me and the second is mine to Marytoddliz we were doing patriotic.. I swear go to pinterest you can find a pattern you love for free, just look at it long enough lol you can say 4.5 inches 2.5 and 4.5 and pretty soon you have figured out a pattern that fits your needs so therefore .. get sewing!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]414894[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414895[/ATTACH]
and a spring bright runner I made Marytoddliz she likes color
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414896[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails jans-tablerunners-me-001.jpg   patriotic-marybeth.jpg   marybeth-spring.jpg  
Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
cheap flights sound marvelous the center is about 16 miles from Jans house. so guessing 16.1 as she isnt so keen on having me move in forever with her with my gorgeous cats at that! can you imagine a little thing like death allergies keeping us from moving in together??

here are a couple pics to remind you of fun summer runners: the first is Jabas to me and the second is mine to Marytoddliz we were doing patriotic.. I swear go to pinterest you can find a pattern you love for free, just look at it long enough lol you can say 4.5 inches 2.5 and 4.5 and pretty soon you have figured out a pattern that fits your needs so therefore .. get sewing!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]414894[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414895[/ATTACH]
and a spring bright runner I made Marytoddliz she likes color
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414896[/ATTACH]
Beautiful quilts. I love them. All are wonderul. I love the bright colors. I will be working on my runner this weekend for Tracibug.

Brat glad to hear you have a spot for your dialysis. Good luck on your move. I hate moving.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Swap Hosts

Brat, so glad they have a chair. And many prayers that you get a transplant soon.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:19 PM

Love the pics you posted, Linda. I am just back from a 6 day trip going to a grandson's graduation but did manage to find a quilt shop just a few blocks from family member's house and found a few fabrics for MamaHauser's table topper/runner...haven't decided yet. She is making it into a challenge for me. As I get a bit further along (and catch up from trip) I will post some pics of my progress. I am thinking fireworks...:-)
Linda, if you are moving to near Cody, I bet I can manage to come and visit you. We have always wanted to get over that way (about 3 hours away) and now we will have a double good reason. Fingers crossed for a transplant and until then...good dialysis days!
Old 05-23-2013, 04:23 AM

I feel like such a sloth. I put tree boxes together yesterday took an hour nap, went back filled two more.. done. I literally was dragging myself from room to room. so damned tired! I did get two more boxes full of donations again. I am trying to widdle things down. this is tough work for le brat just three years ago we moved and I flew through the house boxing things up cleaning scrubbing. Now five boxes in one day and I am exhausted. It was a tough look at the new me.

I can't wait to see what you bought Sandy. Kelly is pretty darn lucky to have you as a partner you do some very lovely work. I would happily take one of your runners/mats. OH OH that star topper you sent me in patriotic fabrics would be perfect .. I look forward to your sneak peaks!