Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 05-24-2013, 05:53 AM

A couple of them are from my first attempts at the long arm, certainly not quilted as they should be but they will be warm if needed. Kind of embarrassing looking at them now, but at least it's something to hold on to. You decide if they will work and if not you won't hurt my feelings by not using them. Think I kept them hanging in the closet to remind myself what not to do. Have used the other ones and put 1 in every vehicle we have, figured you just never know when you need one.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:53 AM

Jaba my first second fortieth quilts.. all have bad quilting. I sew them pretty well my quilting is just so mediocre. Your worst would out do my best in a ny second. They were made with joy they will be loved for the comfort they give. ready for me to move on over in about.. 3 to 4 weeks? max?? am I packed and ready? hell no. do I have to be. heck yes. today I finish the linens and my sewing room. then its onto the kitchen. oh lucky me. I am so glad my new dishes are stillin boxs not moving most of the old ones (Jan gifted me a set of brand new dishes btw). One less thing to pack or should I say 20 less things to pack. I have someone who wants my extra old utinsels. She wants to make.. wind chimes out of them. uh ok. yard art she is calling it. I have another word for that but its not so art like lol.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:18 AM

Yep, ready for you or as ready as I'm going to get. We just go with the flow here you know. Probably should clean you out a closet though, have plenty of empty dressers. Better send Jamie some more quilts
Old 05-24-2013, 10:09 AM

Here is a very tiny peek of what is going on in my table runner construction process...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]415231[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0109%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 05-24-2013, 11:56 AM

Got my table runner top about 1/3 of the way done and I realized the colors just weren't working. So I'm starting all over from scratch. Oh well I'm learning.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:54 PM

I finally found the pattern I want to use, not to pull the fabric. I will start on this this weekend as I am pulling my batiks for the batik swap.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
Here is a very tiny peek of what is going on in my table runner construction process...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]415231[/ATTACH]
I love the center and the "movement/depth" that it shows...I am dragging on getting ANY of my projects done...working on repairing an antique silk crazy quilt for the nurse at one of my doctor's office...silly me working on some hand quilting..she commented on it and said she had an antique quilt needing repair...of course I couldn't say no...really didn't know if she was just making conversation...she wasn't....I also have a life-long friend getting married next month, need to finish her quilt, my lqs has our "Top of Texas" Shop Hop that we participate in every year coming up in July...I am making a block of the month applique quilt for that along with mug rugs and table runners for gifts...and last but not least my table runner for this swap...Oh yeah, and ALL the ufos I have around here that qualify me to live in Roswell
So, I need to get the lead out and quit procrastinating...Have a great Memorial Day week-end y'all!!
Kif
PS Praying for all the people in Oklahoma...I know living smack dab in "Tornado Alley" my whole life its a scary thing when these storms happen...also, Brat, sending you a healing "try and get a lil rest" hug!

Last edited by kiffie2413; 05-24-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:33 PM

Grandma di there is this wonderful thing a quilter taught me long ago.. if you cant afford this stupid little tool you squint through you close your eyes till your squinting.. stare at your fabric choices.. you will see if they look good or if they are off oh yes stand back about 6-8 feet and instantly you will see.. it works or it doesnt at all. tada!

ok my quilter friends: its memorial weekend in our park. We buy only so many bits/bites. There are always a whole lot of people here oh joy! this means they download a movie or two and well no internet. So I will join when I can but expect the worst.. no net.. and maybe down time til Tues or even Wed .. I am not lost honest! i am here.. just without a way to get to you except perhaps at midnight when the minutes come back .. sigh.. they are too cheap to buy larger amounts understandably since 70 percent of the year .. not many of us here.. I will miss you! keep sewing and send early please! make me happy! make your partners happy! make everyone proud that we can be ONE swap that finishes on time. I would be beyond excited if everyone got their runners done by July 1st. Please try your extreme best to do this. I am shooting for 100 percent completion and participation. If we do this we score big time on the no one left behind thing. I want to be the best swap this forum has ever had. GO FOR IT!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:08 PM

HSTs are all pinned together ready to sew. My sister asked me to help at her yard sale tomorrow. I have a few things that I can put in. Really didn't want to but.... I never do good. Would rather donate it. Need to do the home blessing for the week after I get back. Then I will sit down to the sewing machine and get this table runner set. So I can start quilting. Since I hand quilt it will take me about a week to do. Will take a progress picture tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:33 PM

I worked on the blocks all afternoon and got them sewn together. Have it set and ready to start hand quilting. Should take about a week to get it done. Then on to the binding. I really like the colors.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]415515[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails krystyns-table-runner.jpg