Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Blog Entries
    Hoping the picture shows up! I received my runner from Kiffie. Wow, I love it It has upgraded, I'm hanging it in my sewing room instead of keeping it on a table lol. She also included a couple mug rugs and some of the fabric I had commented on really liking. Thank You, Kiffie for such a wonderful gift
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Love the Fairies, it's adorable. How sweet It's really cool how everyone really tried to make something special for their partners...taking preferences so much into consideration. Well done Kiffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    OMG...that batik table topper is stunning!!!
    Isn't it though? Dabbler fashioned a wonderful piece of Art!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Well everyone this has been at least for me a wonderful swap hosting experience. Life has issues all the time I am pretty decent at letting them go as quickly as I can. I would like to host another swap come August and will post sign ups then. If you have any good ideas send me a PM and I will take all suggestions into consideration so it can be a happy busy quilters swap. I love the chatter and I LOVE the photographs. Thanks everyone!

Thank you for hosting such a wonderful swap - I loved getting to know my partner though this thread as well as other swap members - communication is key. You did a great job pairing us up - and I'm so impressed by all the lovely projects that were shared. Looking forward to the next swap come August - maybe a 'Fall Jamboree' type runner.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the kind words..
    Mal, I am so happy you like the runner...when you mentioned liking faeries it got my brain a turning...(scary!).
    Can't wait to see what you make from the fabrics...
    Here is the pic of the runner babyfire04 sent me...she says she is a fairly new quilter...well you can't tell that from this runner, it is amazing!!
    Name:  005.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  128.8 KB
    The chocolate bar was an added plus!!!
    Brat, thanks for hosting this! You are so right, getting our hubbies together may create something only a certain type of gal can love...lol...I know my dh is such a kind, sweet guy and so good to me that I can um enjoy....no, appreciate...no, abide..yep, thats it abide his "quirks"...I am sure your dh is the same for you...Hubby and I just like to kid each other..after 30+ years of marriage gotta find the fun somewhere.... I say we married because we were so in love, stayed married because we love our son, now we are so old and decrepit no one else would have either of us!..
    Regards all,
    Kif
    Last edited by kiffie2413; 07-10-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Babyfire04..Holy cow...that is one knockout Table runner. If this is what you do now...can't wait to see what you do later.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

WOW pretty runner!

Yeah keeping them apart is a grand idea. We can still sneak out on our own. The best part of these swaps is the chatter and the chance to make new friends. I met Jaba just a year ago July. I am now living in Cody thanks to her sweet persuasion. She has become such a wonderful friend to me as Marytoddliz has and so many others. I consider myself so lucky. I hope you find a friend or two of your own here all of you. What a lucky day to make a new friend.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

ok food for thought the next swap coming up in August run by ME! will be a fall or halloween (partners choice) runner or wall hanging swap. such options! such variety! all suggested by YOU the swappers. Now you have to play!
    Linda

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Fall sounds fantastic to me! Don't really decorate a lot for Halloween anymore since kids are gone and we're lucky if we get 5 trick or treaters in this little town. They have so much for the kids here starting right when they get out of school for the day. All the businesses downtown have treats for them and I think about every church in town has something going on for them too. They don't need to walk door to door anymore, miss that.
    Of all the things you forget miss brat, how can you remember when you met me?

I am more open to fall than Halloween, but my parents still do lots of decorating for Halloween...for the neighborhood kids.

I can't wait to see the next swap with you.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Look what I just received from NancyinLousianna! How pretty is this...and it matches my living room perfectly. She also included a great cheery potholder and little tiny bone doggy treats from her little fuzzy white dog to my little fuzzy white dog.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  133.1 KB

Thank you Nancy!

ohhh so pretty! and doggy bones! I have three little neighbor dogs that come visiting every single day. Two yorkies one old one young and an old jack russell. I want to get them doggie bones but they are so small not sure what bones one gives tiny dogs. My dogs were the kind that you gave a 2 ft rawhide and it was GONE in 20 minutes. Dog bones never had a chance in my house. Oh ok my son when he was 14 or 15 said in Petco one day.. how do you know it tastes like pb or that one says chicken that one beef? I said no idea. So.. he grabbed one of each and tasted them. Only the pb apparentely tastes like pb the others taste like stuff. Not bad he said. OMG gross!!!

I received a lovely housewarming/thank you fq package today from Tlambing. Thank you so very much they are so very pretty! I will photo and make everyone drool once again. I am so fortunate to have such wonderfully thoughtful ladies all around me. I am a lucky one.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    what a pretty runner tlambing - NancyinLouisiana you did a wonderful job - I like your choice of fabrics and pattern.

Blog Entries
    I'm off on a shop hop in the morning around Iowa - we have seven stores mapped out on our trip and at the end will receive a bundle of 12 half yard cuts - solids. YEA - keeping my eye out for Henry Glass Frosty fabric (Christmas) I already purchased the panels now looking for the sashing, borders and binding. Will be a fun day!!!!

Beautiful runners
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
    I'm off on a shop hop in the morning around Iowa - we have seven stores mapped out on our trip and at the end will receive a bundle of 12 half yard cuts - solids. YEA - keeping my eye out for Henry Glass Frosty fabric (Christmas) I already purchased the panels now looking for the sashing, borders and binding. Will be a fun day!!!!
    Im so jealous! Have a great time I love shop hops...friends and I did one in April. We even found a new one very close to home, with the most amount of quilting fabric under one roof that I've ever seen. Have fun ladies!

I wanted to share the beautiful F4's that I received as a thank you/welcome to your new home from Tlambing. First may I say they are gorgeous. She put this sweet little bird on the ribbon that tied them together. I wish I could take better pics but heck, I am saving that little bird way too cute! I could have a bowl of those!!! You ladies have been beyond good to me and your thoughtfulness has been much appreciated. Enough so I will be back to do another swap and hope to see all of you there with me and my sincere goofy attitude.Name:  tlambing bird.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  602.1 KB Name:  tlambing.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  628.4 KBName:  tlambing.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  628.4 KB
    Linda

Sorry it's taking me a minute to get these posted, but here it goes! The first runner is what I received from Lilrain & the 2nd is the one I sent to her...

Name:  2013-07-12 12.55.08.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  1.78 MBName:  2013-07-12 12.55.33.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  1,004.0 KBName:  DSC06358.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  181.0 KBName:  DSC06359.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  186.8 KB

wow you both have similar color schemes I love the colors in both of them. Lilrain and Dustysmom thank you so much for playing in my swap. And for posting your pics!
    Linda

Recognize the brown on brown diamond print fabric? I originally bought it for the first runner swap, the coffee themed runner that I made.

These runners are stunning!!! I'm excited and ready for another!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    It has been so much fun participating in your swap, 'Brat'. Hoping my life slows down a bit by the time you start the next one. I will never understand how a 'retired' person can be so busy but something always seems to come up. Overall though, my life is good! Thanks everyone for sharing your wonderful pics. I am certainly enjoying what I received from Mamahauser.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Sandy, one of my coworkers is getting ready to retire at 71 years of age. She was supposed to retire in December, but 2 people put their notice in that they were leaving, so she stayed to help out. She often has to take off work early or come in late now to go do things because everyone in her family calls on her to do them because they think she should hurry up & retire. I tell her all the time that if they're doing it now, they won't stop because she retires & she says she knows, that she's going to be just as busy when she's not working in an office anymore as she is now.

Here's a sneak peek, Nancy in Louisiana
    Name:  IMG_0409.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  132.9 KB

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Looks very interesting ... getting excited ...

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 ... LastLast