Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
I know!!! And I LOVE THEM!! I'm going to have to see if they have any left when I go back up. I want some of them now!!!! Darn you...hmmm...how fast can I plan a trip?!?!?
After I get off work tonight, I am off until Monday........let go shopping.......payday weekend. LOL
Old 07-18-2013, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
After I get off work tonight, I am off until Monday........let go shopping.......payday weekend. LOL
If I could I would. I have a busy weekend here and next weekend I'm heading to my grandmother's to spend part of her birthday weekend with her. First year in a long time I'm not going to be there ON her birthday too!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
If I could I would. I have a busy weekend here and next weekend I'm heading to my grandmother's to spend part of her birthday weekend with her. First year in a long time I'm not going to be there ON her birthday too!
have a great time, I have a T-shirt quilt I have to get binding on this weekend so would be the priority for the weekend for me.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:30 AM

It's been so quiet...I'm getting lonely
Old 07-25-2013, 08:42 AM

Do we have a theme for the next one??? Oh le brat...that is your que!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:59 AM

quiet? wait did someone accuse me of being QUIET? ROFLMA. oh yeah me alright. about got kicked out of another blog by encouraging people to turn their things in on time and get started now so no on is LATE. excuse me for speaking brat talk. sheesh. lol. ok I went back in heck with it. cant get rid of me that easily.

The theme is... fall or receivers choice. give your receiver two choices A or B. simple. I will post here in just five more days so hold your horses cowgirls. It will get done. I am trying hard to finish my boom blocks so phew that is behind me. starting to get mine back now. the fast group is fast. we are not due til the 10th of Sept but I think we will all be done a month early. hows that for fast? yeeehaaa! ok we had only 8 weeks so four weeks is not super fast but its cool. no more 5 month turn arounds on a four month deal. I love it! since I sent Christmas fabric out its sorta nice to get it back in time to make something.. in theory anyways

did I tell ya' all about my antelope leg? or the deer leg???
Old 07-25-2013, 12:31 PM

More dead things Brat? I'm afraid to ask...leg implies it's not attached to anything!
Old 07-25-2013, 05:34 PM

I've boycotted starting any new projects until my new machine arrives. Should be any day now!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:39 PM

tlambing you don't want to know, trust me, still a whole lot stinky.....her hubby is so nice to her and she just smiles and says thank you honey!! OMG, I would die and so would he I'm positive!!
Dusty's Momma playing it pretty safe there huh? Made me laugh, what kind of new machine are you getting????
Old 07-25-2013, 06:56 PM

Jaba, after the random loose stitches of late from my 22 year old Kenmore, I figured I should play it safe since I don't have any pressing deadlines. To keep from having to type it all out again, I'm going to try to quote from the fabric moratorium thread where I originally posted what happened up to my boyfriend ordering me a new Husqvarna Topaz 30 on Saturday. I've been looking at new machine for weeks prior to this though. The first message was posted Friday and the other on Saturday...

Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
We had some craziness at work today that kept me from going to lunch, so I got off work early instead. This gave me the opportunity to go to the store that carries the Husqvarna before they closed. Debbie is super sweet and suggested 3 machines to me. First I tried the Opal 650, which I like, but I wish the bed were larger, which is $650. Another lady came in, who is a regular customer, and the three of us were talking, and I told Debbie about my apprehension for FMQ and my debate between a sewing only and a sewing/embroidery combo machine, so she asked if she could show me the Topaz. Oh wow! To say I was in love in an understatement. They have a 200x200mm hoop that is made for quilting, and she showed me pictures of some of the machine quilting designs you can do with it. Now it may not be good for trying to do a king size quilt or anything nearly that large, but anything form a throw blanket down I'd probably be able to do. Two drawbacks are that it's $1999, and if I measured right, it may be 1" too long for the spot on my sewing table. So, to give me a larger throat, in a smaller footprint, she showed me the Eden Rose 250C, which is on sale for $999. I tried it out, and the only benefit I noted was the larger throat.

I told the man how much they were and what the options were and he said if it's what I want, get it. I told him if I did, that would probably cover every holiday and gift giving time from now through Mother's day. His response was "hey, I'd be off the hook!" I'm going to measure again & think about it. She said she only had the floor model of the Topaz, and she'd give me $100 off if I wanted it. It doesn't have that many hours on it.
Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
OK, I'm sitting here writing this completely overwhelmed. I don't know what to think. We had to go to the mall, and I asked him if he wanted to see the machines I was looking at yesterday & get lunch at the chicken salad place next door before we came home. So we go in & we're talking to the other lady who works there & Debbie came in & we were talking to her. He asked her what the difference was in the $2k machine and the one next to it, so she shows us a little bit & then she mentions the Topaz 30 as a compromise, which she hadn't talked to me about yesterday. A few extra features, holds bigger hoops, and the $850 software package are the only differences in it & the Topaz 20, which is what I'd been looking at. He made the executive decision that the Topaz 30 was better and bought it! $3200 and I'll have it within a week. Holy cow. I will buy a couple extra pieces for it, but I'll pay for them. I want the extension table and the 200x200 (8" square) hoop.

I dare say I won't be buying any unnecessary fabric for a while....