Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 07-26-2013, 07:00 PM

Come on sign up!!! I'm ready to play again!!!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:19 AM

Hi all - I didn't fall in the river or drive off a cliff - where I live is flat as far as the eye can see. Just been super busy with other things.

I just finished reading several pages and have to comment on my machine - I have a singer Quantum L-500 - it's got an extra large area of space between needle and throat of machine; it has a thread cutter, too many pretty stitches that have yet to be used, a couple different styles of alphabet letters, separate bobbin winder, push button start, super fast stitching - I have to slow it down so I can maintain my 1/4"; it has a knee lifter; okay lighting; and a gizzmo that drops down from in back of needle area that helps pull/feed fabric through. I purchased it from HSN - in fact I purchased both my machines from HSN; I was watching last fall and they were offering the Quantum XL1000 sewing and embroidery machine - almost purchased it for the embroidery and then talked myself out of it - how much embroidery would I actually do. This is a wonderful machine; but I still lust after a Janome or Bernina - I have trouble justifying the cost of those machines compared to what my machine already does.

I can actually say I'm shop hopped out - last weekend Judi and I went to Country Threads in Garner IA - they were having a fantastic anniversary sale and I finally got my rag rug loom that I've been wanting for the past year. It will be a wonderful way to use up all those ugly fabrics that are in the closet - I can't imagine what I was thinking when I purchased them - 'That's it, I wasn't thinking' - LOL. I'll be able to make 25"x37"or 39" throw rugs; they're really heavy duty and will last a good long time. Now you all know how I came up with my on line name dabbler - I have tons of interests and dabble in quite a few.

Are we still signed up for the fall runner or do we need to sign up again. I have some awesome fall fabrics on hand and a few Halloween. Brat please let me know if I need to sign up again.

You all have a wonderful day - we've been having some unseasonably cool temps the past few days; last night got down in the 40's and yesterdays high was 67 today right around 70.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:38 AM

I will start a new thread for sign ups soon in a few days right now I am just mulling ideas to see what works best for everyone here. and trying to sneak in a runner for me too Summer everyone is so busy on vacations and school is out so the thought was to wait a bit for those things to run their course then BAM! sign ups! lol at least its a theory. I just have to submit a form to Patrice to get it ok'd first then we are golden. that means typing it or cutting pasting etc but I will do this in short order. today I am pooped. I fell asleep at 10 woke at 11:30 took some meds then fell back asleep about 1 only to have the man get up needing water a smoke the bathroom and sure turn those overhead lights on full blast. sheeeeeeesh. then I want to talk had a dream , oh I didn't don't want to talk but sure go ahead.. by 2 am I am wide awake have to be up at 5 cant sleep cooking rice at 4 am. WHAT? now I sit in dialysis about ready to cry I need sleep. serious sleep but I cant because I am the queen of low blood pressure. fall asleep I amin the 60's not great so there is no sleep for me. I have visions of sleep however. I will crawl out of here and be carried home I am sure of it. then so long its been good to know the brat. if I am fortunate I will gain back that energy because... drum roll... its FAIR NIGHT I am looking forward to seeing the quilts and eating horrible food and well it sounded really good yesterday. I just need a nap. crossing fingers ladies crossing fingers.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:40 AM

I love fair food - we have some of the best deep fried cheese curds around - also have to have pronto pup; gyro sandwich; tom thumb donuts and what ever else catches my eye that I normally don't have. We have a decent county fair - they still manage to keep it free at the gate to get in. This year I'm wanting to go to the Clay County Fair in Iowa; it's the largest county fair in the nation; hopefully I'll find someone that wants to go - my mister isn't a huge fan of fairs - his back bothers him from walking stopping looking walking stopping looking.

Brat get yourself 40 winks before the fun event tonight; I can empathize with being woke up in the night and not being able to get back to sleep. My sleep pattern is all out of whack.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
no we are not signing up, I was just responding to Brat since she didn't get one with this swap......so if she doesnt have a partner for the next on I am willing to make 2 if she has not partner.

You will have fun with your new baby. I recommend either poly or rayon thread for the embroidery. Each machine likes differnt makers. I use either Sullk poly/rayon or Maderia poly/rayon depending on what I am making.

Buying all the threads can cost a pretty penny..........may have to buy them alittle slow.
I have a Brother embroidery machine. It loves polyester thread. Be aware, Rayon thread will fade with washing. I bought a small collection and have plenty of color choices.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:00 AM

Hey Hey hey!! its morning! rise and shine my little gemstones! how is everyone today? I skipped the fair I was shot yesterday just getting up two stairs to come in the house was so tiring.. then thinking of dinner? really? and dishes? hah! and well I was a literal couch potato. I am better now. Woke up at 4:30 well rested so ANDELE! ANDELE! lets get going. coffee please. I was thinking on all my boom blocks and how best to use them. They are coming back very nice this swap. And fast too

Dustysmomma, sorry this is not a FOOTBALL tablerunner swap unless you can beg it out of your next partner, which will not be me I surely do not like working with sports theme fabrics. Its weird how some stuff just is harder to work with..don't get me wrong I love STANFORD and their colors red/white with a hint of green are not bad at all its just I wouldn't want to stare at it at all daily. Can't go there. I am alone on this I think. So no need to shoot me now. I get it. I do think this next swap will be a good one. It will weed out those who had trouble finishing last time due to lackof .. commitment and keep those who seriously want to play in. I hope so anyways. NO more grumpy or sad swappers please I do call those who don't follow through but other than that not much I can do so contact is so important. and not shipping until you both are ready to ship is a key also. You may be stuck with a runner but its yours right and we all do the best we can when sharing with each other. So its a not horrific deal. Mailing and not receiving back causes such terribly hurt feelings. So when I do sign ups seriously want in please. today is more boom blocks and then I will write the next sign up for approval from Patrice. yahooooooo!!! Gosh I love my weekends.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:19 AM

Good morning sunshine - aka brat; glad you're feeling better and by not going to the fair you more than likely only missed out on the food and who really needs a food hangover? If you're feeling deprived put your food on a stick and call it fair food - we all know how creative you are - who knows, you just might create the next best thing in fair food. Seems like the only requirement for our State Fair is that it must be on a stick and it can't be a repeat of something they already have.

Now the serious stuff - I'm serious about signing up - I'm in. I have an extra something I'm working on for someone else and then I'm home free.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:35 PM

Good evening!!! Hugs and hope you are doing great!!! Hugs!!!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:36 PM

Tlambing agreed to swap with me after my original partner went MIA. I'm glad she did. She sent me the most perfect-for-me runner that I could have imagined. The colors are so perfect, fabric gorgeous, workmanship to envy. When it arrived it was wrapped in a ribbon and flower with a corner turned back to show back. I almost hated to unwrap it, but glad I did. Thanks so much. Teresa! Let's swap again real soon!
Attached Thumbnails 031.jpg   032.jpg  
Old 07-28-2013, 07:11 PM

Nancy that is AMAZING!!!! It matches your table perfectly!!!