Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fabric Post card and Trading card swap >

Fabric Post card and Trading card swap

Fabric Post card and Trading card swap

Old 09-22-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by debs
OOOOOOOHH! I haven't come up with any ideas as yet! Been busy doing a bookmark & a mug rug and christmas ornament swaps & apparently tired as my creative muse is not active on this as yet!

Debs & Hemi

I guess this weekend is when she'llhave to get going! :roll:
Debs, just an idea mind you... but why not put some fabric together and then let Hemi step one paw into some fabric ink and autograph your postcard? :shock: :shock:
Old 09-22-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by debs
OOOOOOOHH! I haven't come up with any ideas as yet! Been busy doing a bookmark & a mug rug and christmas ornament swaps & apparently tired as my creative muse is not active on this as yet!

Debs & Hemi

I guess this weekend is when she'llhave to get going! :roll:
Debs, just an idea mind you... but why not put some fabric together and then let Hemi step one paw into some fabric ink and autograph your postcard? :shock: :shock:
Hey, that's definitely a good idea for one of my cards, may have to do something on that order, Thanks for the suggestion, Hemi enjoys helping me sew
;) ;) ;-) ;-) ;-) debs
Old 09-22-2011, 04:46 PM

I have a question-Do we put a message on the postcards? Do we put our partner's names on the address area even if we send them in another envelope? Here are mine- I love summer gardening and sewing is always on my mind! I didn't have a lot to embellish with, so mine are kinda plain.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-260871.jpe   attachment-260872.jpe  
Old 09-22-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo
I have a question-Do we put a message on the postcards? Do we put our partner's names on the address area even if we send them in another envelope? Here are mine- I love summer gardening and sewing is always on my mind! I didn't have a lot to embellish with, so mine are kinda plain.
those are so darn cute, do what you want as far as a message, just be sure to put your board name and year somewhere on it.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:42 PM

Ach! Forgot my board name and the year!! Thanks for the reminder ... will have to go back and do that.

Here are mine and I must confess I participated in this swap for entirely selfish reasons. I thought it was a great way to try new (to me) techniques. So ...

My crayola block represents "objects of my desire" - perfect points and blue ribbons!! On this one I was able to duplicate the back of a postage card with a message, and I'll put the recipients address (or at least board name) on the address area. I covered my address with my lens cap so it wouldn't be posted all over the web for all and sundry to see.

My thread painted vintage sewing machine represents my latest love in sewing ... my new vintage! First time thread painting so excuse the lack of decoration on the machine. Because I FMQ'd the whole thing I wasn't able to pen in the reverse of the post card. Sorry about that. And for some reason my tension went "off" on the lower right corner of the border. NO idea why it suddenly went "off" then righted itself. Weird.

Ladies ... your cards are awesome! Where do you find all the 'things' you are embellishing with? I'm seeing prints of scissors, shoes, chipmunks - just to name a few. Good golly ... I have nothing like that in my stash so I had to use the tools I had available ... me little fingers and me even smaller little brain!!

Well done all!!

Sue

Objects of my desire
[ATTACH=CONFIG]261005[/ATTACH]

Reverse of "objects"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]261006[/ATTACH]

My love of sewing a Singer Red Eye with Visene :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]261007[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-260952.jpe   attachment-260953.jpe   attachment-260954.jpe  
Old 09-22-2011, 07:07 PM

Wow - nice cards showing up - completed mine today, will try to post tomorrow ;)
Old 09-22-2011, 09:03 PM

Everyone's postcards are so cute. Wow!

Under the weather all day today. Ugh! I would have rather been sewing.

Hopeful tomorrow will be a steller creative/sewing day! :-D
Old 09-23-2011, 10:04 AM

Here's one done. One more to go. Wish I had more time today!!

My love of sewing - currently it is working on my creativity and arty-ness. Painting fabric, trying different quilting (more than SID), metallic threads, and even Angelina fibers - they are faint but they are there.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-261181.jpe  
Old 09-23-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Debka
Here's one done. One more to go. Wish I had more time today!!

My love of sewing - currently it is working on my creativity and arty-ness. Painting fabric, trying different quilting (more than SID), metallic threads, and even Angelina fibers - they are faint but they are there.
Super job, love this card, I work in all kinds of techniques and have so much fun experimenting. Moosegirl
Old 09-23-2011, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Ach! Forgot my board name and the year!! Thanks for the reminder ... will have to go back and do that.

Here are mine and I must confess I participated in this swap for entirely selfish reasons. I thought it was a great way to try new (to me) techniques. So ...

My crayola block represents "objects of my desire" - perfect points and blue ribbons!! On this one I was able to duplicate the back of a postage card with a message, and I'll put the recipients address (or at least board name) on the address area. I covered my address with my lens cap so it wouldn't be posted all over the web for all and sundry to see.

My thread painted vintage sewing machine represents my latest love in sewing ... my new vintage! First time thread painting so excuse the lack of decoration on the machine. Because I FMQ'd the whole thing I wasn't able to pen in the reverse of the post card. Sorry about that. And for some reason my tension went "off" on the lower right corner of the border. NO idea why it suddenly went "off" then righted itself. Weird.

Ladies ... your cards are awesome! Where do you find all the 'things' you are embellishing with? I'm seeing prints of scissors, shoes, chipmunks - just to name a few. Good golly ... I have nothing like that in my stash so I had to use the tools I had available ... me little fingers and me even smaller little brain!!

Well done all!!

Sue
The chipmunk and shoe, ect. are just cut out from a piece of fabric I had! Then I sewed around them with invisible thread.

There are so many great ideas from our brains!! I also often try new things on the board activities.