Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fall Star Block Swap 12.5 inch >

Fall Star Block Swap 12.5 inch

Fall Star Block Swap 12.5 inch

Old 02-24-2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]589657[/ATTACH]
Here is a picture of the fall leaves fabric I mentioned. I do have fall colored fabric also, lots of it. You won't be hurting my feelings if you decided for me to not use the leaves fabric. I want my blocks to look great with everyone else's blocks.
Love the fall leaves fabric I don't see why you can't use them. I think was just looking at some fabric with leaves on it at my LQS today. If you can make it work then go for it.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:50 AM

Here is a picture of the fall leaves fabric I mentioned. I do have fall colored fabric also, lots of it. You won't be hurting my feelings if you decided for me to not use the leaves fabric. I want my blocks to look great with everyone else's blocks.
Oh those look lovely and definitely are fall colors! So I think the question here (and it has been answered) is can we use multi colored prints. And I would think.. fall has so many colors, the pile of leaves on the yard contain a variety, the trees on the hills glistening in the morning dew, some green, or gold or red, such a variety.. the trees themselves go multi colored for the show.. how could we NOT use multicolors!
These fabrics shout "here is autumn!" at me and what better way to epitomize the glories of fall than with the colors and images of the leaves themselves?
What else says fall? Pumpkins (orange!!), squashes (pale greens to deep greens to the butternut squash pale peachie color) Hot cocoa in a mug (with peppermint schnapps, ohh yummo), a crackling fireplace, fresh apples off the tree, red to mottled to golden yellow, the crisp clean air, washed clean by an evening rain, the clear views of the mountains just getting their first snow covered tops with promises of winter skiing fun, for us in Washington state the sights and smells and sounds of the Puyallup State Fair, the fun screams from the rides and scent of fair burgers and the bbq stands fill the entire valley with the aura of delicious edibles.. and mostly, it is the leaves.. green, golden, deep red, the sienna of cinnamon, pale yellow, fresh maroon, brilliant orange, plain ol brown and warm chocolate brown.. and yes indeedy, the sparkling blue skies
Just like in our Spring swap, so many colors speak to the season and to our memories of fall.
And with the many star blocks to choose from, the scrappy effect will be awesome, the cream backgrounds will play so well into the overall many faceted colors of fall, no need to worry if your cream is my cream.. (I don't take cream in my coffee, but I have several different cream fabrics that are dying to get used).
I hope I have time to join again, I love star blocks. Simple to complex, all so geometrically sound and precise , they are pleasing to the eye...
Old 02-25-2018, 10:00 AM

Opps.. sorry, that was a long post.. I got off on a tangent!
Old 02-25-2018, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

Lovely fabrics. I did a leaf swap some years ago and I have no leaf fabric left. I need to see what I have. I would hope that you can use these fabrics you showed. This is what I was thinking of but then stars.
Attached Thumbnails 434-custom-.jpg   20160927_184736-custom-.jpg  

Last edited by Annaquilts; 02-25-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:16 PM

Will give this a thought since there is an early commitment and late deadline. Need to check my stash. I've not bought any new fabric in a long time.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
Will give this a thought since there is an early commitment and late deadline. Need to check my stash. I've not bought any new fabric in a long time.
I know right? I want to be sure I have the bulk of the fabrics I will need.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
Opps.. sorry, that was a long post.. I got off on a tangent!
No Problem at all Bluelady you made a lot of good points.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
I know right? I want to be sure I have the bulk of the fabrics I will need.
Ladies if you signup and for some reason you can't finish that will not cause a negative feedback I only count those who let me know that they are ready to mail and the ones that I receive.

I noticed the closing date on the announcement, i apologize for that it is a type-o on my part the closing date should have read 31st March 2018.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:03 AM

I guess March 1 has past and I didn't formally sign up. Are you ready to do that?

Marcia
Old 03-02-2018, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I guess March 1 has past and I didn't formally sign up. Are you ready to do that?

Marcia
Marcia the sign-up is open all month. Come join in on the fun.