Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc. >

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:10 PM

Bullock2us,
I'm so embarrassed! I received your awesome pkg yesterday, thought I posted pic I took...obviously I didn't.
I was just choosing fabrics for more Valentine's stuff and it popped in my brain,
"Did you thank Bullock2us? Then I thought, Did I even post the pic?".
Please forgive me...
I couldn't believe how many fqs you sent! I was telling my hubby about it, then I read your note where you said you included extras because I sent you some fabrics for your son's quilt.
I'll say you really didn't need to do that, but I'll also say "Thank you so much, I love everything!"

My granddaughter loves Olaf, she just kept unfolding, petting, refolding that fq. My ddil had asked if I could make a tooth fairy pillow for when dgd loses her 1st tooth. I'm thinking Olaf will be incorporated into the pillow.
Regards,
A red faced and contrite Kif
Here's the pic:[ATTACH=CONFIG]506373[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20150116_010259.jpg  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-15-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:30 PM

Lovely Valentine FQ.. I really liked this swap, still going to receive one more, can hardly wait. I will also swap an additional one next week!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:31 PM

Vitality,
Happy you like everything! And happy I could send a lil something to you in return for the amazing surprise "Angel" pkg you sent me last month. It was nice to find a fellow button collector..
Gotta tell you I laughed at you referring to me as the "Kifster"...as that sounds exactly like something I would've said..lol

Ellie,
You're too funny!! And I love ya, girl!
Kif
Old 01-17-2015, 05:26 AM

ok we are seeing some great fat quarters this month! for the curious next month we will swap green, white and cream fabrics. so feel free to start peaking into your stash and seeing what you might have there will be a side swap of what ever you like also so if you have a set of four somethings you would like to trade for something you might need let me know when we start sign ups what you want to swap and how many swaps you would like. we will do one swap that I run and I will post what your willing to swap and what you want. please don't post this on the board yourself until I get the main list up.

Are you making anything with this months swap? we are swapping valentine mug rugs this month you might be interested in going on over and seeing what everyone has been making
Old 01-17-2015, 07:39 AM

Kiffie-do not be emarrassed! I just was wondering with all of the PO issues that had been happening so I knew if I needed to send you more-don't want you to miss out on any fabric - I know I never want too! Actually my daughter asked me yesterday if I had a small piece of material that was white with light pink hearts on it she could have, and what had I just got from Kiffie-that exact material! Didn't know if I wanted to it give up up but she is making something for my granddaughter so I will-just for my beautiful granddaughter! You must have been psychic! Greens?- I loves greens-especially emerald green-it is one of my favorites!
Old 01-17-2015, 11:55 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506642[/ATTACH]My first pillowcase dress ever made with fabric sent by Kiffie. I am excited to give it to my granddaughter next week-it will be perfect for her.
Attached Thumbnails 0118150047.jpg  
Old 01-18-2015, 02:05 AM

Ginger,
That lil dress is darling!! I can't believe how great the 2 fabrics go together so cute!! I've seen some lil dresses, but none as cute as yours.
Did you make your own pattern up?
Instead of a tooth fairy pillow, I bet my lil granddaughter would love the Olaf fabric you sent put with some of my sparkly snowflake fabric, or Elsa and Anna fabric and made into a dress. How old is your dgd? Mine is 5, and my dgs is 13 months. I need to see about a pattern...
Thanks for sharing the pic!!
Kif
Old 01-18-2015, 07:22 AM

Wow! Is that ever a DARLING dress! Thanks for sharing - I love seeing pictures of what people do with their fabric!

Yea - green!! And I just bought a FQ of the most luscious cream - Clothworks Impressions Moire....and then I want back and bought 5 yards @ 20% off!! It is the background fabric for the Quilt Doodles "My Favorite Things" quilt-along. See...I can justify that purchase (hee, hee).
Old 01-18-2015, 07:49 AM

Kiffie,
Thanks- I think it turned out pretty cute. I like that paisley on there. My DGD is 17 months and I used the tutorial off of you tube from Hobby Lobby to make it.Doesn't even take a pattern- 1 fat quarter is the perfect size for her a whole dress for her it is an 18x21 piece-perfect after cutting off the selvedge- but of course I put 2 together and then used the rest for the tie up at the top. And and then had a little left so I will make some teensy little bows for her hair.
I bet she would love a dress like that. Let me know if you need more Olaf-I think I have like 3/4 yard left. I didn't start sewing until my daughter was 13 even though my mom kept bugging me about it since she has been sewing since she was 10. She made so many cute things for my daughter and by the time I started she didn't really want stuff made. So when my son was born-can't make all those cute things but I would applique a pix on a onsie and then make matching pants-like Finding Nemo. So it is so much to have a girl to sew for again. Oh I make baby quilts and blankets and car seat canopies, rag quilts, I spy etc. but it is fun to have a girl to sew for again. The pillowcase dresses are pretty popular and there are lots of you tube videos and alot tutorials about them. I love simple easy patternless things that I can do quickly. Husband and son were working on his Pinewood Derby so had some time to myself. Have a great day!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:51 AM

what a fun dress! It is almost like a pillow case design with arm cut outs and ties right? super cute and so nice to see what can be done besides table mats and runners! pin cushions did anyone make a valentine pin cushion? I received the coolest wall hanging fro m another swap and included was a pin cushion with a gorgeous pin in it and then this great little travel sewing needle holder. it folds up like a fan and opens out to hold pins and threads and things. I love it! I will try to get a photo on here. they are made in purple but its easy to see in other colors. I take little things to dialysis with me all the time and some place to hold my needle and snippers is awesome!