Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc. >

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Fat Quarter Swap : Valentines! Reds, Whites, Pinks, florals etc.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:54 AM

PeginCO,
I can't wait to get a fq of that moire! Teehee...

Bullock2us,
Thanks for sharing the info on the dress!
I love having a girl to sew for, too. I hear ya on its just not easy to "dress up" a lil boy. Lol..

We didn't get to meet our lil granddaughter until she was 2 yrs old, as that is when our son met her mommy. My ddil was a young widow, her husband passed away when our lil granddaughter was just months old.. It was a bittersweet time... So very sad for a young man to pass away at age 26. I cannot imagine the pain of that for not only my ddil, but also his parents. But the sweet part was God brought those 2 special girls into our son's life, and therefore our life! They married coming up on 3 years ago and my hubby and I were thrilled to finally be Grampy and Grammy!!
Our son "formally" adopted our dgd last April, and now we have our lil grandson to complete our "grandkidom".
My ddil always laughs because I use the expression, "Well we didn't get her until she was 2...." every time I'm buying something "girly", or making something, or just generally "spoiling" (loving is what I call it) my lil granddaughter. Now on my lil grandson, as I don't have that "excuse", I tell her it's just outright "Grammy privilege"! That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

Brat,
Post a pic of that neat sounding travel holder!!

Kif
Old 01-19-2015, 06:22 PM

listen granny you always love making little girl stuff. we all do. doesn't matter when you "get them" you dork! its a love thing. Boys are much harder to make things for but quilts are a big hit and the decisions on what they love changes hourly so you can always keep making more they wont mind at all. then capes of course. super man, bat man, stuff like that big hits .. wonder how I know. lol. eating mats, play mats lawn towels (mine imagine that were PIGLETS and needed a towel before they came in a whole lot.). place mats that have their theme on it. the list goes on. its called love. simple as that.

also the travel holder/ the needle holder you mean?
Old 01-19-2015, 09:23 PM

Look Brat,
If I want to pull the old, "we didn't get to know our sweet lil granddaughter til she was 2, and that's why I want to spoil, er love her extra...". I will. It's called "Grammy privilege"...
Travel needle/sewing holder, whatever..yes ma'am.. I'd love to see a pic!
Kif
PS it's Grammy, not Granny...and you're the dork!!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:31 AM

You're both adorkable.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
You're both adorkable.
Aww shucks, thanks! Brat is like the sister I never had...love her... most of the time!
And you're very clever!!

Kif
Old 01-20-2015, 01:03 PM

Ladies, I am here to ask forgiveness from my swap partner. I still haven't sent her FQs. I wrote the sending date as the 27th. I have been busy getting things ready for a baby shower for my DIL this past Saturday. Things went great. But I failed to send out my partners package. I will add extras to her package. Again I am sorry and I hope I can continue to participate in the swaps. And I will get the package sent out tomorrow as I don't have my car today. Jeanne49, I hope you understand and forgive me.
Laurel
Old 01-20-2015, 01:38 PM

I just put a package in the mail today for Rosemary. It should hopefully by the end of the week. We had hard rain since Friday. and I was not able to get out.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:15 PM

woohoo!! I got a wonderful package from mrs. theo. Lovely fabrics and a BIG bag of Kisses!!
Old 01-20-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote "ok we are seeing some great fat quarters this month! for the curious next month we will swap green, white and cream fabrics. so feel free to start peaking into your stash and seeing what you might have there will be a side swap of what ever you like also so if you have a set of four somethings you would like to trade for something you might need let me know when we start sign ups what you want to swap and how many swaps you would like. we will do one swap that I run and I will post what your willing to swap and what you want. please don't post this on the board yourself until I get the main list up." Unquote.

Are we not doing the ugly swap next month? Am I missing something? I've been a little confused lately, please forgive me. I just don't want to miss out on a swap.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:19 AM

Sewellie we will do an ugly swap next month and also a green white cream swap too. best of both worlds. some will want only green/cream/white and some will want to do the ugly swap. Me? I am all in on the ugly swap. I think it will be fun and praying like heck I do not get wwf wrestling fabrics or baseball stuff. Not into kids fabric at all oh please don't send it to me! I have the perfect flowers you have been waiting for. big flowers. big big flowers. yup its got your name on it! ok maybe not YOUR name on it but my "partner to be"s name on it. or maybe that one striped fabric that makes one feel like they have been a trip with grand memories of mexico. (think like a Mexican table cloth) oh yes there are several to chose from. My key trouble is WHY DID I KEEP THEM? hoping that one day they would be my style? I cant answer that but do know its going to be one of the swap items this month so sign ups will start in just a few minutes. got to get over to post it!